UConn is scary Good | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn is scary Good

Reaction Score
Yea, when a team shoots 30% / 17% there's gonna be lot's of rebounds available to be offensive rebounds.
Yup, and another effect is that for all those O-boards, Villanova only got one basket off it.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
UConn is playing well now but being realistic, they are a long way from being scary, except maybe defensively. I believe Villanova won't get past the sweet sixteen. The six-point fourth quarter is not anything to be concerned about. If the score had been closer, UConn would have continued to place an emphasis on scoring, imo.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
I'd like to go back and look at how many were long rebounds off of missed 3-pointers. They were jacking up a lot of long shots. Didn't seem like many of their offensive rebounds were under the basket. I could be wrong.
Exactly....was going to post the same thing....so many missed 3's with long rebounds back to the perimeter....tough to get offensive rebounds when they're off terrible misses. Better missed shots than made 3's.

Reaction Score
I'd say UConn can be scary good.................the question is whether they can maintain that quality of play for the next few weeks.......if Aubrey's back continues to be an issue that's a major problem........hoping for a healthy, focused team that can get back to the final four......

Reaction Score
I think Nova will get knocked out in the second round, third at best. They really aren't a good defensive team. Maddie is literally their entire offense. And Nova fouls a lot. A lot of coaches on Novas side of the bracket will expose that.
I suspect this post will get a few <wow> smilies. A couple of weeks ago I received some <wow> and <dislike> icons from a few on this board who dislike anything negative or controversial, when I posted that Villanova is Maddy and 4 others.. Olson is a good player but she couldn't carry that team if Maddy had been out for the year. UCONN without its best player all year went 29-5 so far. Where would Villanova be without Siegrist?

Reaction Score
I suspect this post will get a few <wow> smilies. A couple of weeks ago I received some <wow> and <dislike> icons from a few on this board who dislike anything negative or controversial, when I poster that Villanova is Maddy and 4 others.. Olson is a good player but she couldn't carry that team if Maddy had been out for the year. UCONN without its best player all year went 29-5 so far. Where would Villanova be without Siegrist?
I agree but we must recognize Siegrist and Morrow deserve the applauds

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I am glad BiG East teams to have good players earning recognition
As I predicted when we joined the Big East, UConn is the tide that raises all boats. A good Big East is good for UConn. I wish our conference mates, well, except when they are playing us.

Reaction Score
They scored SIX. Come on, man. Scoring less than a point a minute isn't milking the clock. Geno was imploring them to keep it up..."no mistakes" if I heard him correctly in the huddle. It's March! Kill or be killed. Pedal to the metal time for 40 minutes.
The salient point I made was that they started playing against the clock, not Nova. People who know ball understand the phrase, it means they took their foot off the gas. You can complain all you want about an essentially meaningless last quarter of a game that was long decided and walk away dissatisfied but I thought they had an absolutely terrific tournament. The last quarter meant absolutely nothing and I have made it very plain in my posts that I don’t think Auriemma walks on water, nobody does, and if he walked away with the same conclusion you did, I disagree with him too.

Reaction Score
I suspect this post will get a few <wow> smilies. A couple of weeks ago I received some <wow> and <dislike> icons from a few on this board who dislike anything negative or controversial, when I posted that Villanova is Maddy and 4 others.. Olson is a good player but she couldn't carry that team if Maddy had been out for the year. UCONN without its best player all year went 29-5 so far. Where would Villanova be without Siegrist?
But they do have Siegrist, and I believe she will carry them to the sweet 16, and depending on bracket, possibly elite 8.

Reaction Score
Apparently the NCAA coaches don't think Connecticut is scary good. They stayed 9th in the Coaches' poll which just came out. Two coaches failed to vote; I wonder if many of them just handed in a copy of last week's rankings.

Second in all the analytical rankings, though (NET, Massey, and Sonny Moore, as well as RPI).

Reaction Score
I just added up the SOS, RPI, Massy, NET and Sonny Moore totals for each of the top teams and divided by 5.
Here are the results with the SOS/RPI/Massey/NET/Sonny Moore #s in ( )s:

1. UConn 2.0 (2/2/2/2/2)
1. So Car 2.0 (6/1/1/1/1)
3. Stanford 4.0 (3/4/3/4/6)
4. Indiana 5.0 (8/3/4/5/5)
5. Iowa 7.2 (12/8/7/6/3)
6. Maryland 9.4 (7/5/8/13/14)
7. Duke 9.8 (10/6/11/10/12)
8. Texas 11.2 (11/14/13/11/7)
8. Tennessee 11.2 (1/15/15/15/10)
10. Va. Tech 12.6 (31/7/6/9/8)
11. Notre Dame 14.0 (32/12/9/8/9)
12. Iowa State. 14.2 (4/19/21/14/13)
13. Utah 15.4 (39/10/10/7/11)
14. Villanova 16.6 (24/9/19/12/19)
15. Ohio State 18.0 (26/21/12/16/15)
16. Creighton 20.6 (19/18/25/18/23)
17. LSU 22.0 (82/16/5/3/4)
18. Wash State 23.2 (9/17/27/31/32)

The top four are clearly top of the heap with Iowa looking up from a few rungs down the ladder.
Also note Villanova at 14 and Creighton tucked in at #16.

If the selection committee pays any attention to these impartial and well designed rating charts they have to put UConn on the top tier and give Villanova and Creighton good slots as well.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
The first quarter rebounding worries me a tad .. UConn should have been up double digits if the didn’t give up 10 offensive rebounds other than that the defense was fantastic .. switching was really good a tad slow once or twice but that was to Villanova’s credit .. Hopefully is the tournament it doesn’t take Azzi till the 3rd quarter to heat up .. but yea this team can be really dangerous if they are on and playing fast in transition
While not ideal, that 1st quarter rebounding included a lot of long rebound clanked 3s.

The 4th quarter was kind of strange. Nova did nothing to close the gap during the first 3 minutes of the period and that left them with zero chance to come back. . UConn had the game, it was the last game in the tournament and they had played 3 really strong games in a row. Relaxing a bit ispretty normal. I’m not sure Geno was that concerned. Of course you don’t want a bad quarter liie that when something is on the line.

Reaction Score
Lookout here comes UConn. Finally they got their rest, their players back and if these past 3 games are any indication of what is coming then OMG. UConns a team that was running on fumes is now running on High Octane. We saw it, the announcers, said it. It was complete domination, overwhelming on both sides of the ball, and a complete shutdown of opponents offense. No other team has shown that. As good as UConn looked they werent firing on all cylinders. Azzi and Caroline can now use these next 10 days to get up to speed. Now thats really scary. With the ariel attack spot on this UConn team takes no prisoners' and there will be no mercy. They show that and they did that. We saw that during the BET. That wasnt just luck. That was the healthy UConn team that we saw early on before all the injuries. I think for me the most amazin thing was watching UConn shut down Maddy who I feel is just an amazin player. To listen to fans and pollsters say UConn is a 2 or 3 seed is mindboggling. What have you been watching. UConn has showed everybody why they are a 1 seed. Stop making excuses for why some other team is a 1 seed. UConn just proved it to you.
This is why Tonyc is a Generational Poster!!

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score
I think Nova will get knocked out in the second round, third at best. They really aren't a good defensive team. Maddie is literally their entire offense. And Nova fouls a lot. A lot of coaches on Novas side of the bracket will expose that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom