UCONN is ranked where!? Missy, Missy, Missy! Shame, Shame, Shame! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UCONN is ranked where!? Missy, Missy, Missy! Shame, Shame, Shame!

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
Did you notice that she ended nearly every other team review by saying, “They're going to make some noise this year.”?

Seems fitting, as she did make a lot of noise.
But not much else.

Reaction Score
No one is paying attention to her rankings, or anything else she has to say. It is her own podcast and she has zero accountability. Being a patient doesn't make me an expert in medicine. Noticed ,she tried a disclaimer, stating by the end of the season U Conn may move up from 19. That gives her 18 spots to cover herself, too funny!

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
That YouTube channel has a grand total of 679 subscribers.

Quite likely, their free publicity on the Boneyard is going to account for a disproportionate share of this video's views and comments, and thereby boost their heretofore negligible algorithm standing.

Reaction Score
Obviously, she’s being held hostage at a La Quinta Hotel and being forced to read from cards provided by her captors.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Missy (Decker) Heidrick is a former Kansas State PG. Maybe she looked up the UConn-KState record. UConn is 3-0 with the closest game a 19 point UConn victory in Kansas in 2016.

https://www./author/missy-heidrick/

This information -- to the best of my knowledge -- was first posted in The Next on October 18 (see below). If you recall, The Next was founded/is run by Howard Megdal, who has been writing about the WBB for quite some time. I know of Heidrick because she covered the Big12 primarily last year and collected her work when ND played Oklahoma last year. I was a tad surprised when I saw her do a national forecast, wondering if Megdal bumped her up. I also knew it was only a matter of time until this thead hit...;)

The numerical rating certainly caught my attention (personally, I think she went erred way too high (or low, depending on how you look at it -- #9? Maybe.). However, I nodded by head on a few of the points: a lot of opponents' pressure will be on Azzi, as the de facto scorer; and UConn lost a lot of talent to the pro's, most notably ONO, who was a factor last year. My main point is that there are questions, but there is mondo talent and the Huskies have Geno and Chris to get them figured out. They'll get better as the season progresses I'm sure.

Here's The Next piece:
https://www./features/the-nexts-2022-23-top-25-preview/

Reaction Score
I hate to say this, But with the toughest non conference schedule and no playmaker/Ball handler. This could very much be a reality this season.
Christyn, Olivia and Evina will be greatly missed. Especially early part of the season. The newer players can't possibly understand what the intensity will be like as half the country is gunning for us.

Reaction Score
I have to agree with you.Ranked 19th is harsh.But as Missy states there are many questions marks at this time.Counting Paige four starters are gone.Dorka hasn’t proven she is a 5.She doesn’t use her height and strength like a 5.I haven’t heard Geno said anything positive about Amari.Who gives Dorka a breather when she comes out.Will Azzi step up and want the ball when the game is on the line.Opposing teams will make it a point of emphasis of stopping her.The Texas game will answer many questions.I do not see how anyone can say this is a better team than last years as it is now constructed.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I have to agree with you.Ranked 19th is harsh.But as Missy states there are many questions marks at this time.Counting Paige four starters are gone.Dorka hasn’t proven she is a 5.She doesn’t use her height and strength like a 5.I haven’t heard Geno said anything positive about Amari.Who gives Dorka a breather when she comes out.Will Azzi step up and want the ball when the game is on the line.Opposing teams will make it a point of emphasis of stopping her.The Texas game will answer many questions.I do not see how anyone can say this is a better team than last years as it is now constructed.
Two starters are gone - Christyn and Liv. Paige and Evina were coming off the bench at year’s end.

A lot of people are forgetting how much the team accomplished without Paige and, for a long stretch, without Azzi. Geno got to the National Championship game with 2/3 of his team, many of them freshmen and sophomores. He’s added a couple big bodies, an experienced shooter, and gotten Aubrey back, to boot. I see a team much better than 19th ranked and can live with any rating in the top 10

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Obviously, she’s being held hostage at a La Quinta Hotel and being forced to read from cards provided by her captors.
Not even a Holiday Inn Express? :p

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I hate to say this, But with the toughest non conference schedule and no playmaker/Ball handler. This could very much be a reality this season.
Christyn, Olivia and Evina will be greatly missed. Especially early part of the season. The newer players can't possibly understand what the intensity will be like as half the country is gunning for us.
That's harsh and disrespectful to UConn's guard corps. "Down a playmaker/ball handler" is an apt description, but it's not like there's nobody left.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Blink! Blink if you need help, Missy!!

Reaction Score
Fortunately these preseason prognostications are quickly forgotten once the season starts. But until then . . .

Once again, UConn only has questions and most every other team has answers. Like Charlie, she's incapable of making an affirmative or positive statement about any UConn player.

In her preview of UConn she does not even mention Caroline Ducharme. Not even a mention. Contrast that with what she had to say about Notre Dame's Jenna Brown:

Guard Jenna Brown (Stanford) can get to the rim to score and will defend with the intensity Ivey demands on every possession.

Putting aside the remark about Ivey and intensity on every defensive possession, how can Missy possibly know this about Brown? Jenna is a graduate student at Notre Dame and last played a basketball game for Stanford when she was a sophomore in the 2019-2020 season. That's 2 full seasons without playing. When she did play at Stanford (2 seasons) she averaged about 8 mpg and 1-2 ppg. My point is not to pick on Jenna Brown. She may surprise us all and have a good season but what basketball analyst would mention Jenna Brown but not Caroline Ducharme? Or mention Jenna Brown but not Lou Lopez-Senechal.

She says Dorka and Aaliyah "must elevate their games to contribute more this season." Elevate, elevate, where have I read that word used before? Oh right, Charlie Creme: "Can Aaliyah Edwards and Dorka Juhasz elevate to even greater heights?"
Alrighty then. Surely Missy believes other post players will need to elevate their games too, right? Didn't see that mentioned anywhere else. Former Providence center Alyssa Geary transferred to Indiana and, according to Missy, will give her #10 ranked Hoosiers "a compliment frontcourt presence to Holmes." I should note that Alyssa Geary shot 1-15 against UConn in 2 games last season. No need for her to elevate her game on a top 10 team though.

I could go on...
I mentioned this article in another post last week. I’ve followed The Next for a couple of years and it seems to me that they go out of their way to downplay/dis UConn.
UconnCat - all your points are right on… and you could have made many more, as you said.

Reaction Score
Thank goodness we have Meghan. In the future I would recommend that anyone who wants to make any negative remarks about Meghan should review Missy’s podcast first.

Reaction Score
Obviously, as a member of the media, this individual is only looking for a reaction and it seems like some people are more than willing to give her exactly what she wants. So, in the end, she's really the only one who ends up winning. Personally, I refuse to do so but to each their own. That being said, one thing that has always been true and will never change is that polls mean absolutely nothing except at the end of the season. Whatever happens from now until then is what happens. That's all I have to say other than I can't wait for the season to start.
I can see no way to spin, "Hey everybody, look at me! I'm an idiot!!" into a win.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Thank goodness we have Meghan. In the future I would recommend that anyone who wants to make any negative remarks about Meghan should review Missy’s podcast first.
We have Bri Mahn, too. The more I see of her, the more impressed I am.

Reaction Score
That's harsh and disrespectful to UConn's guard corps. "Down a playmaker/ball handler" is an apt description, but it's not like there's nobo

That's harsh and disrespectful to UConn's guard corps. "Down a playmaker/ball handler" is an apt description, but it's not like there's nobody left.
Im not saying there isn't anyone left. In fact I think we have a talented roster. But the roster doesn't even have a solid 5 yet, let alone understand the player rotations and roles. This could take a second for us to gel which could result into a few hiccups early in the season.

Reaction Score
Im not saying there isn't anyone left. In fact I think we have a talented roster. But the roster doesn't even have a solid 5 yet, let alone understand the player rotations and roles. This could take a second for us to gel which could result into a few hiccups early in the season.
Just like every other team in the ncaa.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom