UConn is in last place in the AAC.... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn is in last place in the AAC....

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
We’re done. No NIT.

Reaction Score
Like which ones?

Right now I only see two. Wichita St and Houston.
Memphis and Tulsa if they keep winning like they are. Also wouldn’t surprise me if another team gets the auto bid. Just been that kind of year.

Reaction Score
With 2 4 year starters in the backcourt and a 3 year starter at center and a bunch of 4 star recruits. This team has more talent than anybody they have played thus far in conference. Totally inexcusable. Team is not mentally tough enough.
For a team that has "more talent than anybody", they are pretty bad. Maybe talented in high school, but they really seem undersized and over powered by nearly every other team in the conference. By undersized I am not talking height. I am talking lack of strength and muscle.

Reaction Score
You cant win with losers. Ive been saying this all season. Now what I mean by "losers" is mentality. All these upperclassman have known since coming here is losing and at some point that mentality becomes ingrained. Ive said it and ill say its again the winning won't begin till Ollies guys are out of the program.

Reaction Score
Memphis and Tulsa if they keep winning like they are. Also wouldn’t surprise me if another team gets the auto bid. Just been that kind of year.
Memphis is fading and Tulsa just isn't as good as they look.

Maybe you'll be right but when Selection Sunday comes I think the AAC only gets 2 max.

Reaction Score

Maybe you'll be right but when Selection Sunday comes I think the AAC only gets 2 max.

I guess my thing is that I don’t see any teams at the top (i.e. Wichita St, Houston) that are vastly superior to the 4-5 next best teams. Hell, you could throw UConn in that mix too since we’ve proven we can hang with the “top” teams in the conference. Also, everyone is beating everyone in the top half. There is a lot of parity this year and it will be difficult to predict how the rest of the year unfolds and who gets hot in March. That’s why I think it’s entirely possible that 3 or even 4 teams get in from this conference (maybe 5 was a stretch..lol)

Reaction Score
FWIW, Joe Lunardi thinks we'll get four:

1580092173373.png

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
We are too good for the AAC. When we leave who will hold the league up? Nothing to worry about though we have the best player in the MEAC coming next season.
You do it for the Likes, right?

Reaction Score
Unless there's so much parity that all leagues have massive numbers of double digit loss teams, I can't see the B1G getting 11 teams in. Is anyone seriously putting them in the class of the 2011 Big East.

Seven teams with gaudy records but then look at the rest:
Ohio St. 13-9 (2-5 in last 7 games with the 2 wins over Nebraska and Northwestern)
Wisconsin 12-8
Minnesota 11-9
Purdue 11-9
Michigan 11-8
Nebraska 7-13
Northwestern 6-13

The questions are:
How many double digit loss teams will look good at the end?
How likely is it that there won't be at least 7 teams with 13 or more losses? (2 already)
Will teams with 13 losses and only 18 wins get a bid?

Reaction Score
A Yarder needs to secretly set this dam thing on fire. To Hurley: 'ain't nothing like the real thing'.

1580131517418.png

Reaction Score
It has never been that we are "too good" for the AAC. It has always been that we are terrible fit for AAC and have subsequently terrible as a result. The AAC is a good conference, just not a good one for us. Don't underestimate the toll that all that travel has on a group of young kids.

Reaction Score

Tulsa isn't getting in unless they win the league. A incredibly weak Out of Conference schedule and some absolutely terrible losses.

Reaction Score
We’re the best last place team in the country! If we played any other last place team, in the country, I guarantee we’d take them into OT. Sure, we’d lose, but we’d be the best losingest last place team in the country.
Can we reschedule CCSU?
Good idea, we can have a 30 odd national tournament of last place teams, call it "The Best of the Worst" or"Little Dance". Is this what UConn mens basketball has descended to? Pathetic!.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Sadly, I could actually see 4-5 teams in the tourney this year from the AAC

Wichita and Houston are in good shape.

One of Memphis/Cincinnati/SMU/Tulsa if they can separate themselves will have a decent shot.

Unless somehow a team other than those 6 mentioned wins the conference tournament, its a 3 bid league max.

Reaction Score
What the heck does that say about our team? We should stop complaining about the league and admit that the problem is all ours.
it's been on my nerves ever since the Big East move was announced - our fans all over the AAC but for the vast majority of our time there all we've done is fill our diapers.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom