UConn Introduces 'Top Dog' Program for Students | The Boneyard

UConn Introduces 'Top Dog' Program for Students

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I5Og7Ke.jpg

In text just in case the image doesn't work for anyone:

ALL NEW "TOP DOGS" PROGRAM
Head Coach Kevin Ollie and the UConn Men's Basketball team are looking to identify 25 of the most dedicated students for the upcoming season. Submissions are now being accepted for the inaugural class of the "Top Dogs" student group. These students embody what it means to Bleed Blue for our team game-in and game-out and are committed to making gamedays the best they can be. Here's your chance to tell us why YOU are one of UConn's "Top Dogs"!

PERKS OF BEING A TOP DOG:
- Reserved seats at the front of the student section
- Specialty 'Top Dog" game day t-shirt
- Pre-season meet-and-greet with Kevin Ollie and his staff.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Great idea but how are they determining these students?

Reaction Score
Great idea but how are they determining these students?

There's an application online with a few questions...

'Tell us why you should be considered a Top Dog'
'Give us a couple of ideas. Tell us what you'd like to see the student section do at games'
'Which venue do you have season tickets for?'

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
There's an application online with a few questions...

'Tell us why you should be considered a Top Dog'
'Give us a couple of ideas. Tell us what you'd like to see the student section do at games'
'Which venue do you have season tickets for?'
I'd start a point system for students showing up early at venues and who attend multiple venues. After one month give the best twenty five. Can apply it for next season. Other considerations are kids with great signs, kids cheering w/o profanity, make up like blue and white kid.

Reaction Score
I don't mean to sound persnickety, but after the whole season ticket farce, I sent the athletics office a nasty email demanding something like this be formed so that the real fans would get the recognition they deserve, and now: bam. You all can thank me ;)

Also if I don't get picked after bringing up the Boneyard in my submission, then there's going to be a major problem.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
UConNick said:
I don't mean to sound persnickety, but after the whole season ticket farce, I sent the athletics office a nasty email demanding something like this be formed so that the real fans would get the recognition they deserve, and now: bam. You all can thank me ;)

Also if I don't get picked after bringing up the Boneyard in my submission, then there's going to be a major problem.

I was always surprised that there was never a student blue/white club or other booster organization. The school needs it's own version of the American Outlaws to organize student section shenanigans.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Dale's not still a student is he? It's pretty clearly neon hat/beard kid if hes still around. If he's graduated someone will have to step up.

Reaction Score
Dale's not still a student is he? It's pretty clearly neon hat/beard kid if hes still around. If he's graduated someone will have to step up.
Hasn't stopped him from being in there.

And pink hat kid was in my class, 2012, so he is gone. Nobody really liked him anyway.

Reaction Score
Not pink hat kid, the next gen was neon skully's and ZZ top beard guys.
My bad! Not sure who you're talking about

I do recall that one (or two?) kid(s) with the painted Batman masks with UC on them on tv a lot

Reaction Score
I wonder if the girl who body-surfed naked while Charlie Ward was taking free-throws into the student section for Florida St's visit to Gampel back in the '90's would make the list?

Reaction Score
Hasn't stopped him from being in there.

And pink hat kid was in my class, 2012, so he is gone. Nobody really liked him anyway.

Dale hasn't been to regular season basketball game in at least 5 years men or women once he was asked to not sit in the student section anymore under the Hathaway admin. He does still paint up and travel for football games and Final Fours however

Reaction Score
Bump. Just submitted my entry. Here's hoping. There was a 500 word limit, but I ended up a little over that (webpage took it, no cutting off) because I simply couldn't cut anything out. Everything blended well and was 100% true. If anyone reading this is part of the selection team, you'll know my submission and please put it through!

Reaction Score
Reminder for anyone interested in this...deadline to apply is today at 7 pm.

Reaction Score
I was always surprised that there was never a student blue/white club or other booster organization. The school needs it's own version of the American Outlaws to organize student section shenanigans.
We used to have a student fan organization called the Husky Hardcores. Some of you might remember our blue and white tie-dyed shirts. It started in the Spring of 2005, by a group of grad students as a part of an independent study. It fizzled out at the end of 2009. It would be great if they could start something back up again to get the students unified.

Reaction Score
I wonder if the girl who body-surfed naked while Charlie Ward was taking free-throws into the student section for Florida St's visit to Gampel back in the '90's would make the list?

She'd be a shoe-in on my list

Reaction Score
We used to have a student fan organization called the Husky Hardcores. Some of you might remember our blue and white tie-dyed shirts. It started in the Spring of 2005, by a group of grad students as a part of an independent study. It fizzled out at the end of 2009. It would be great if they could start something back up again to get the students unified.
Yeah that last year was my freshman year and I joined right away at the club fair thing in the ballroom at the Union. Was nice to go to soccer games, and just have people to chill with in line at football (I remember you passing out those small Donald Brown posters before a game that year, got one myself) and bball games to make sure we were in the front row. None of my friend-friends were anywhere close to that committed. It was like a little side circle of friends. I remember freezing in the early mornings before bball games getting food for each other as soon as the Union opened. It did fizz out by the end of that bball season though sadly

Reaction Score
Yeah that last year was my freshman year and I joined right away at the club fair thing in the ballroom at the Union. Was nice to go to soccer games, and just have people to chill with in line at football (I remember you passing out those small Donald Brown posters before a game that year, got one myself) and bball games to make sure we were in the front row. None of my friend-friends were anywhere close to that committed. It was like a little side circle of friends. I remember freezing in the early mornings before bball games getting food for each other as soon as the Union opened. It did fizz out by the end of that bball season though sadly

Sounds like I just missed it (freshman in 2010). That would have been cool. I still talked to/got friendly with groups of kids waiting out for front row in the cold, but it doesn't sound as cool as what you guys are describing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom