UConn-Indiana post-game thread without complaints | The Boneyard

UConn-Indiana post-game thread without complaints

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
When I say complaints, I mean no going on about turnovers, missed layups, etc. It’s fine to complain about the refs (holy cow, the block on Aaliyah’s shot that was called a foul!) or whatever, but this thread is for people who are glad to survive and advance without the “____ needs to be better” threads.

Please, let others post their opinion without being rude to them.

Not quite a Rembrandt, more of a Van Gogh. We recognize what we saw, surely, but the edges could be refined. Me, I love Van Gogh so I like the painting the way it is but know others might tinker with it. This isn’t the thread for that.

863251EF-8856-49D3-B90F-989CBB89E855.jpeg

Last edited:

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
We played a really good game. Everybody stepped up. IU was tuff and their foul shots kept them in the game. All the fouls called really killed the momentum for UConn.

I saw NC State win and I think we can beat them too. ND shocked almost everybody when they lost the game. Didnt see that coming. The contained Culane and ND does not have our height.

Reaction Score
A shout out to IU’s offense in the first half. They controlled the paint and kept UConn’s D on its heels. Been a while since I’ve seen that. And 60 points seems to be the marker. If UConn gives up more than that, they’re 4-4, I believe.

Reaction Score
Great seeing the team win in different ways.

This game was a lot about AE and Liv. AE really playing possessed. Excellent play from this young soph.
And how about CW? A lot of success of the game about her too.

Lot of past crazy talk about replacing Liv and CW at times during the season.

Thrilled to be in E8 in a non-grind game.

Reaction Score
First, love the Van Gogh. Second, the bigs were huge, pun intended. Liv with a double double and AE in total beast mode. The youngsters (Nika, CD, Azzi) looked just fine. CW had her game face on from the jump.
Great effort by all, win and advance!!

Reaction Score
I was mostly pleased with the game. I always expect every game to get increasingly harder as any team gets into the tourney, and I always expect every team UConn plays to try and give them the toughest game yet. So the 1st half was genuinely about what I expected; I felt pretty good going into the half.

The 3Q I felt was where UConn came out and did what UConn does: go on a big run and put the game mostly out of reach. I felt like UConn effectively threw Indiana off their game with that and also made sure they controlled the game as much as possible. The refs absolutely destroyed the rhythm of the game though, calling so many awful fouls on both sides. It just slowed the game to a crawl. Horrible.

I was at Buffalo Wild Wings with a friend to watch the game (note: I live in Syracuse) and these two guys sat next to us at the bar at the start of 3Q. They spent the whole quarter talking about how great UConn is and how they always go far in the tourney. I said nothing, but I enjoyed listening in. :D:cool:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
We played a really good game. Everybody stepped up. IU was tuff and their foul shots kept them in the game. All the fouls called really killed the momentum for UConn.

I saw NC State win and I think we can beat them too. ND shocked almost everybody when they lost the game. Didnt see that coming. The contained Cunane and ND does not have our height.
NCS is definitely beatable. I watched that game. I enjoyed it, especially the final score. I feel much better about our match-up with them now than I did yesterday. We're half-way through the forest. Three down, three to go. Great TEAM win today. A confidence builder to be sure.

Thanks for this thread Nan. :) While I'm interested in reading the thoughts and concerns of my fellow BY contemporaries, I'm NOT interested in reading a lot of urinating, moaning and complaining about how the game didn't go as THEY thought it should. Some of those folks are NEVER happy. :confused:

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Indiana's a really good team, and this was an impressive win for UConn. I think the depth played a big role in the victory due to the tight officiating in the second half. IU had to back off a little on D when three of their six regular players had four fouls.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
geez the team won by 17+ and this team vs a power 5 heavy sr team, what can people complain about? Imo this was the most impressive win for UConn all season.
JC, you haven't been here long if you have to ask THAT question. We could have won by 40, and there still would have been those "perfectionists" that would moan, whine and complain, thinking more could have been done that wasn't.

I'm at the point where I take what comes since I have no control over the game, and I'm over 3,000 miles away. I sit back and enjoy the game. I keeps my BP much lower and I no longer feel the need to visit my second floor ledge during critical points in the game. I do cringe a little though when we miss those easy bunnies under the basket. Next to a dunk, those are the easiest shots any player will have. In a close game, those bunnies could be the difference between winning and losing. We won, ND lost and Tennessee is losing late in the 3rd quarter. Today was a good day. :D

Last edited:
Reaction Score
JC, you haven't been here long if you have to ask THAT question. We could have won by 40, and there still would have been those "perfectionists" that would moan, whine and complain, thinking more could have been done that wasn't.

I'm at the point where I take what comes. I sit back and enjoy the game. I keeps my BP much lower and I no longer feel the need to visit my second floor ledge during critical points in the game. I do cringe a little though when we miss those easy bunnies under the basket. Next to a dunk, those are the easiest shots any player can have. In a close game, those bunnies could be the difference between winning and losing.
lol yea I get labeled "mr negative about everything" but I definitely l have no negatives about this game. Really thought Indiana would fight back, but they never could keep up with Uconn.

Reaction Score
I'm at the point where I take what comes since I have no control over the game, and I'm over 3,000 miles away. I sit back and enjoy the game. I keeps my BP much lower and I no longer feel the need to visit my second floor ledge during critical points in the game.

Same (though I'm not quite as far). Over past couple of years I've definitely gained a perspective on the game and realized that UConn's accomplishments are remarkable and that they cannot be the (almost) perfect team that existed from the start of 2013 tourney to the end of the 2016 tourney.

People complained even when Stewie & Co were winning by 40+ before they even showed up to play. There are some people who will never be satisfied.

Reaction Score
NCS is definitely beatable. I watched that game. I enjoyed it, especially the final score. I feel much better about our match-up with them now than I did yesterday. We're half-way through the forest. Three down, three to go. Great TEAM win today. A confidence builder to be sure.

Thanks for this thread Nan. :)While I'm interested in reading the thoughts and concerns of my fellow BY contemporaries, I'm NOT interested in reading a lot of urinating, moaning and complaining about how the game didn't go as THEY thought it should. Some of those folks are NEVER happy. :confused:
not sure you can say “urinating”. Try “exuding”

Reaction Score
Somebody said last week, on one of these threads, that they were waiting for our stone-faced twins (Azzi and Ducharme) to smile. Well, today Azzi showed a big grin after draining a 3. If we can just get our other sphinx to smile, nobody will stop us.

Reaction Score
On vacation and made my friends watch this and so glad they came through! Looking forward to Monday.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Nan, I love your taste in art.....
A surprise visitor to this thread...hey...
I've been watching all the games and a thought struck me...

UConn. has more good...no great players...by a lot...than the other teams
That's a huge advantage...9 outstanding BB players.

It may never been Renoir, Rembrandt, or Carravagio ,
but it may well be enough too win a Natty.

Reaction Score
When I say complaints, I mean no going on about turnovers, missed layups, etc. It’s fine to complain about the refs (holy cow, the block on Aaliyah’s shot that was called a foul!) or whatever, but this thread is for people who are glad to survive and advance without the “____ needs to be better” threads.

Not quite a Rembrandt, more of a Van Gogh. We recognize what we saw, surely, but the edges could be refined. Me, I love Van Gogh so I like the painting the way it is but know others might tinker with it. This isn’t the thread for that.

View attachment 74869
Did you do a SUNFLOWERS version of Van Gogh using Ukraine colors??

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Great all around game, the first half was going great until the last couple of minutes, then UConn comes out and takes it to Indiana by blowing the game open. I want to know what Geno said at the half, but he needs to get them to do that in the first quarter. If UConn plays on Monday the way they did in the third quarter they make it to the Final Four for the 14th time in a row. Well I got my wish today, Indiana lost to UConn, ND and Tennessee both lost, so the three teams that I hate the most are all going home.:D

Reaction Score
Fans love scoring..... defense wins games.... and rebounding wins championships!
A marvelous performance by all, but give the truly well earned credit to our BIGS!
Huskies over Wolfpack!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom