UConn in the WNBA | Page 4 | The Boneyard

UConn in the WNBA

Reaction Score
1000011660.jpg

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I get the idea that this is it for two reasons:

1. I don't think DT lets them run the 'last chance' campaign without her being sure it is over.

2. I don't think everyone shows up for the game without her telling them it is over.

What a ride!

Reaction Score
UConn players in the playoffs yesterday:

Collier: 38 points, 6 RB, 4 assists, 1 block in 40 minutes
Taurasi: 21 points in 30 minutes
Stewie: 20 points, 11 RB, 3 assists, 2 steals, 3 blocks in 32 minutes
Hayes: 20 points, 4 RB, 5 steals in 26 minutes
Williams: 14 points, 8 rebounds, 2 assists in 37 minutes
Charles: 12 points, 7 RB in 24 minutes
Stokes: 8 RB, 1 block in 14 minutes

Reaction Score
UConn players in the playoffs yesterday:

Collier: 38 points, 6 RB, 4 assists, 1 block in 40 minutes
Taurasi: 21 points in 30 minutes
Stewie: 20 points, 11 RB, 3 assists, 2 steals, 3 blocks in 32 minutes
Hayes: 20 points, 4 RB, 5 steals in 26 minutes
Williams: 14 points, 8 rebounds, 2 assists in 37 minutes
Charles: 12 points, 7 RB in 24 minutes
Stokes: 8 RB, 1 block in 14 minutes
Phenominal stat lines for these terrific players.

If this is in fact the last run for DT, what a career it's been!

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Nika's overseas team, Besiktas, lost at home, to Basketball Landes, 84-70.
So they will have to go on the road next week, to France, and win by at least 15 points to move on in Euroleague or they will be playing in Euro Cup this season. No disgrace to play in Euro Cup,

Box score of those players who played in todays game

Nika's overseas team, Besiktas, lost in France to Basketball Landes 80-58. Losing both games of the Qualifying round.
Thus they will play in Euro Cup League this season.
The groupings will be decided after tomorrows last qualifier game is decided.
All EuroLeague and EuroCup games are free on Youtube

Reaction Score
I hope the league reconsiders the prioritization rule. This can’t be the last we see of Gabby in the league

Reaction Score
It is still perplexing that Tiffany Hayes is not on The Wall.

Stephanie Dolson was the player who developed most at UConn; and quite quickly; out of necessity.

Let's face it, UConn has had a ton of talent with which to work.

I, obviously, fell asleep on Collier; had no inkling as to how good/great a ballplayer she was.

Gabby Williams was quite impressive in the Olympics final; another UConn alum who demonstrated an arsenal that escaped my previous attention.

Tina Charles! Praised her freshman year, derided her sophomore year, gained a ton of confidence her junior year, was absolutely awesome her senior year, and has not looked back.

Samuelson has found the right fit for her talents at Indiana.

Kiah Stokes, IMO, has had the most unexpected success at the next level. She is on a team that does not require her to be a scoring threat. Perfect fit.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I hope the league reconsiders the prioritization rule. This can’t be the last we see of Gabby in the league
She's on a team this season where there season doesn't conflict with the WNBA season I believe so prioritization shouldn't be an issue. Don't remember where i read that but I believe she is playing with the Liberty's Fiebech? Someone might want to fact check me on this though.

Reaction Score
I, obviously, fell asleep on Collier; had no inkling as to how good/great a ballplayer she was.

Collier has been the most impressive player out of Uconn in the last 10 years, even counting one the GOAT Stewart. It is too bad Uconn did not win more titles when she was playing.

Samuelson has found the right fit for her talents at Indiana.

You think so? It seems like she slid down the depth chart through the season and could not even get in the game toward the end. I love KLS at Uconn but she probably has had the least impressive WNBA career among the people on The Wall.

Reaction Score
Collier has been the most impressive player out of Uconn in the last 10 years, even counting one the GOAT Stewart. It is too bad Uconn did not win more titles when she was playing.

You think so? It seems like she slid down the depth chart through the season and could not even get in the game toward the end. I love KLS at Uconn but she probably has had the least impressive WNBA career among the people on The Wall.
I'm totally biased but I think their styles of play complemented each other. Naphessa landed on a team that complemented her talents and Katie Lou did not.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score

Megan Walker begs to differ! LOL. But you are close to right IMHO.

I think a lot of people knew Pheesa would be good in the W, but I don't know anyone who could have foreseen that she'd be on the short list for MVP, and Lou would barely be hanging on in the league as a reserve. With all the good rookies coming in next season,

I think Lou will struggle if she doesn't improve dramatically. Fortunately with the new teams, there will be a place for someone with borderline talent, but it's shocking that her sister is making much more of an impact than she is. Lou has been so disappointing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom