UConn in the WNBA | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn in the WNBA

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Anybody know what Euro team Nika will be playing for?
I do remember a Turkish team signing her. I found this on the Repository of All Knowledge:

Beşiktaş Women’s Basketball inks point guard Nika Mühl from WNBA​

They're in the Herbalife "Super league".

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Besiktas in Istanbul.
Besiktas is in the qualifier for Euroleague competion. They will play a two game series H/A with Basketball Landes(France). If they win the series(I am guessing it is total points) they will play in the top Euroleague this season.
If they lose they will play in the EuroCup league, instead.

Heres the thing. The 2 game series is September 18th and 24th. Nika will still be with Seattle at that time and wont be able to play for the team.

Reaction Score
Double double for Aaliyah!!!!!!!!
She had a great game on defensive end of the court too. This Washington team has been fun to watch this season. They haven't won a lot, but they compete and have fun doing it as a team. Think this was a great landing spot for Aaliyah and glad she's been taking advantage of her opportunities.

Reaction Score
Hall of Fame coach Bobby Knight called Geno Auriemma one the best coaches he has ever seen. When a player has 4 years of that type of coaching, you are more than prepared for the pro game.
In fact, I think UConn has the two best coaches in college basketball.

Reaction Score
Hall of Fame coach Bobby Knight called Geno Auriemma one the best coaches he has ever seen. When a player has 4 years of that type of coaching, you are more than prepared for the pro game.
In fact, I think UConn has the two best coaches in college basketball.
They do. There's no arguing it. The championships speak for themselves. In WBB's case, the amount of players who go on to be successes/legends in the W or are successful coaches themselves (Berube, Ralph) is something no other school comes close to. Dan Hurley singlehandedly dismantled each and every opponent in MM (Illinois must've been a horror show to their fans). And Illinois was a really good offensive team too I believe.

Reaction Score
With four games left for the Atlanta Dream, Tina Charles needs 31 rebounds to tie Sylvia Fowles for #1 in career Rebounds. She has been averaging about 9.5 boards per game, so she should make it on the last game of the season.

A few other interesting stats from the all time list:

• Tina needs 20 defensive rebounds to overtake # 1 from Sylvia in that category, so she should get that record this year also.
  • Tina needs 11 more offensive rebounds to overtake # 2 from Sylvia in that category, and 45 to reach #1 with Rebekkah Brunson. Matching Sylvia might happen this year, but catching up with Brunson would take another season.
  • Stefanie Dolsen is #3 in 3 point field goal percentage, and #10 in overall Field goal percentage.
  • DT is #2 in games played with 19 games behind #1 Sue Bird. If she plays one more season she should get that record.
  • DT is currently #1 in Nine out of the Nineteen all time Stats listed. Ten if she plays one more year and gets games played. (Although two of the stats aren't exactly ones to be proud of: Fouls and Turnovers!)
  • If Diana and Tina plays one more year and they get the Games Played and all three Rebound all time records respectively, between Sue, Tina, and Diana, UCONN Alums would be #1 in 14 out of the 19 all time stats tracked! (One Edit to this. Even if DT doesn't get Games Played, UCONN will still have 14 out of 19 as Sue holds # 1 in Games Played).

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Tina now needs 16 to tie, 17 to pass, Sylvia. Rarified air for sure. She averages over 8 RPG so if she does her average...
WNBA lifetime stats have tallys for Total Rebounds, Defensive, and Offensive. She needs 9 more defensive to tie Sylvia. Should get that before the season ends also. OBoards are more difficult. She would need 41 to tie Rebekkah Brunson.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom