UConn in the WNBA | The Boneyard

UConn in the WNBA

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I believe that Crystal started in place of Kia last night, but was scoreless.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
As of tonight (8/21), Tina Charles became the second highest scorer in the history of the WNBA, behind only Diana. So as of now, the top two scorers in league history are both UConn graduates.

Reaction Score
As of tonight (8/21), Tina Charles became the second highest scorer in the history of the WNBA, behind only Diana. So as of now, the top two scorers in league history are both UConn graduates.

She is currently #2 in Rebounds, 130 boards behind Sylvia. Atlanta has 13 games left for this season. More if they make the playoffs. If Tina averages just above 10 per game, she should be #1 this year. She is currently averaging 8.7 per game.

She has 3,876 rebounds. Currently active players behind her are:

Dewanna Bonner at #10 with 2,995
Nneka Ogwumike at #11 with 2,872
Alyssa Thomas at #20 with 2,311

If she plays another season, she will get the record. It will be a while until it is broken. Alyssa Thomas has the next best shot at it, but she would have to maintain her rebounding average for a few years to do so.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
She is currently #2 in Rebounds, 130 boards behind Sylvia. Atlanta has 13 games left for this season. More if they make the playoffs. If Tina averages just above 10 per game, she should be #1 this year. She is currently averaging 8.7 per game.

She has 3,876 rebounds. Currently active players behind her are:

Dewanna Bonner at #10 with 2,995
Nneka Ogwumike at #11 with 2,872
Alyssa Thomas at #20 with 2,311

If she plays another season, she will get the record. It will be a while until it is broken. Alyssa Thomas has the next best shot at it, but she would have to maintain her rebounding average for a few years to do so.

I believe that WNBA career records are based on regular season games only, so Tina needs to average 10.0 for the rest of the season.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I find it interesting that Tina has turned into sort of a 'journeyman' player, while continuing to be a really good starter every year. Good defender, good scorer, decent passer, and able to adjust her style of play. But she has been on four teams in five teams over the last five years.

Reaction Score
Quite reminiscent of many plays she made at UConn!
Exactly what I was thinking--I've seen that play before.

She's been doing that well before her UConn days. Ontario and Canada Basketball train their elite athletes to jump out on passes in that manner. She has it down to a science.

It's hilarious to watch because it's like a shark smelling blood in the water. Then she's off to the races like a corner back turning an interception into a touchdown.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom