UConn in the NFL | Page 65 | The Boneyard

UConn in the NFL

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I mean he did say "possibly" not "probably" so he isn't entirely wrong. Yet.
I knew this was going to be a response...

Without splitting hairs on probably vs. possibly, Mike Alstott was a significantly better fullback, let alone running back, than Sherman and the only way he gets into the Hall of Fame is with a ticket.

To say otherwise is plain homerism.

Reaction Score
Don’t agree. He did throw a little high but many of his interceptions were off the receivers hands. His OL was terrible, his receivers for the most part couldn’t get separation and the OC had a very bad play calling. His throws given all that were 3rd and 15 type situations.
Chief and a couple other trained eyes factored that in at the time and clearly saw his ability but most casual fans had the same takeaways you had since they couldn’t see the potential beyond the current statistics.
Please keep in mind when Rhett Lashlee came here he completely turned around the offense but Randy hired a bad DC -so the record was still bad.
View attachment 59354
You can refer to all those other issues but that doesn’t negate that while at UCONN he was not an accurate passer. Some players overcome adversity and rise to the occasion. He did not. His accuracy issues were his own, not the team’s. I’m glad he was able to improve after he left. I wish him nothing but the best. But your revisionist history does not sit well with those of us that know what we saw.

C

Chief00

You can refer to all those other issues but that doesn’t negate that while at UCONN he was not an accurate passer. Some players overcome adversity and rise to the occasion. He did not. His accuracy issues were his own, not the team’s. I’m glad he was able to improve after he left. I wish him nothing but the best. But your revisionist history does not sit well with those of us that know what we saw.
We all know the statistics were bad. I think he could have been very successful here if we coached him and put better systems and players around him. After-all he has NFL ability and is an NFL QB. Last season he beat the QB from ND out. I think we could have found a place for him here.

Reaction Score
Mentally he wasn’t ready. He should have red shirted. In desperation to please fans he was put in before ready and likely hurt his confidence. Seems like a great person and glad he has figured things out.

Reaction Score
We all know the statistics were bad. I think he could have been very successful here if we coached him and put better systems and players around him. After-all he has NFL ability and is an NFL QB. Last season he beat the QB from ND out. I think we could have found a place for him here.
You never quit! He can be an NFL MVP. That doesn’t change the fact that he did not rise to the occasion when he was wearing the block C.

C

Chief00

You never quit! He can be an NFL MVP. That doesn’t change the fact that he did not rise to the occasion when he was wearing the block C.
You just can’t understand the value of the eye test by someone who has a good record of evaluating talent.
In basketball, during the summer circuit, the last thing you want to do is burden yourself with the statistics that interest the average casual fan. Rather you try to project to the next level. What Chief noticed about Boyle was he could make all the throws. True, the receivers we had at the time weren’t used to seeing the ball come out with NFL level velocity.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Well everyone its time to start rewatching the old games. Was Boyle's natural NFL talent obvious and all his woes due to coaching? Or was Boyle a later bloomer that needed time as much as anything? IDK - I dont strong feelings on this, seems like answer has to be a 50/50 blend of both.

Reaction Score
Andrew Adams is apparently a team leader i Tampa. Didn't realize he had so much respect:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom