UConn in the NFL | Page 4 | The Boneyard

UConn in the NFL

Reaction Score
@NHRJimFuller: Former #UConn LB Yawin Smallwood makes cut as @Atlanta_Falcons trim roster from 90 to 75 http://post original url/0F5QMda1IA

Still a ways to go to 53 but...

It is going to be close, as Smallwood might just miss out if Falcons don't carry 6. I still believe he is going to be a solid player in the NFL. Just needs the opportunity.

Reaction Score
It is going to be close, as Smallwood might just miss out if Falcons don't carry 6. I still believe he is going to be a solid player in the NFL. Just needs the opportunity.
Good for him, but I have to say I was surprised he made the cut. Living down here in Atlanta and watching the preseason games he is barely seeing the field. He got in with 1 minute and 8 seconds to go last game. He may be out there on special teams but not seeing him. Considering the Falcons LB group is a bunch of no names I was hoping he might have a chance at significant playing time. Not sure what it all means. Good for now.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Good for him, but I have to say I was surprised he made the cut. Living down here in Atlanta and watching the preseason games he is barely seeing the field. He got in with 1 minute and 8 seconds to go last game. He may be out there on special teams but not seeing him. Considering the Falcons LB group is a bunch of no names I was hoping he might have a chance at significant playing time. Not sure what it all means. Good for now.
Probably another good candidate for the Practice Squad.

Reaction Score
Probably another good candidate for the Practice Squad.

Seems like a very bad candidate to me. Many teams have a LB deficiency, especially depth. Practice squad players can of course be signed by anyone. Atlanta would be rolling the dice thinking it could stash him on the practice squad.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Seems like a very bad candidate to me. Many teams have a LB deficiency, especially depth. Practice squad players can of course be signed by anyone. Atlanta would be rolling the dice thinking it could stash him on the practice squad.
Well if he is to make Atlanta's final 53, I'd venture a guess he would be higher than 7th on the depth chart and get more than a minute eight of playing time.

Reaction Score
Not sure why 31 teams who passed on the chance to draft him and have little film on him this summer would sign him mid-year, if he ends up on PS. Bringing in someone who has never played in the league and has no familiarity w/schemes or calls is the higher risk, IMO.

Reaction Score
Atlanta has one of the weakest groups of LBs in the NFL. YS really needs to stick there. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised to see Atlanta pick up a LB when teams cut to 53. The practice squad would be good for Yawin, he has talent but he has had trouble making the transition to the NFL. He needs to pick it up.

Reaction Score
I'm looking at my Patriots who have literally nothing at backup LB. They are looking at a UDFA I've never heard of named Fleming as first off the bench, and then Beaharnais from Rutgers as second, and I think I'd rather have Smallwood than Bearharnais based on the little I've seen.

Seems like LB is a forgotten position in the NFL with all the DBs on the field.

3 DLs, 2 of whom rush the passer, 2 LBs and 6 damn DBs. Today's NFL.

Reaction Score
Atlanta has one of the weakest groups of LBs in the NFL. YS really needs to stick there. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised to see Atlanta pick up a LB when teams cut to 53. The practice squad would be good for Yawin, he has talent but he has had trouble making the transition to the NFL. He needs to pick it up.
Completely agree which is why the lack of playing time is concerning. Hopefully he sticks.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Completely agree which is why the lack of playing time is concerning. Hopefully he sticks.
If another team signs Smallwood off the practice squad, he has to remain on the new team's 53 man roster for at least 3 weeks and the new team can't just taxi him back down to their own practice squad. He has to go through Waivers first.

Reaction Score
Under the radar Lawrence Wilson had three tackles and a pass defense for the Rams last week.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Kashif Moore cut by Steelers - Dont give up Kashif!

Reaction Score
Ryan Griffin is solidifying himself as a core player for the Texans. This could be a breakout year for him now that Owen Daniels has moved on. This latest accolade helps prove the point. Go Ryan!
image.jpg

Reaction Score
@NHRJimFuller: Former #UConn RB Jordan Todman with TD run while Danny Lansanah already has two tackles for losses tonight

Reaction Score
Lansanah 5 tackles 4 solo 3 TFL...in the 3rd. Story just keeps getting better.

Also deflected a pass in the endzone that was picked off by the Bucs.

Caught the halftime onfield interview with Lovie Smith and Lansanah was getting talked up quite a bit.

Reaction Score
Figured as much, he was barely seeing any action in the games. Got to be hard for him, the day he gets cut now he watches what might have been in his Senior year under new coaching staff with UConn on National TV tonight.

Reaction Score
@NBCdianna: Nick Williams has been cut per source. #Redskins

WAS.png
Redskins

Cuts to get to 53: TE Ted Bolser, CB Richard Crawford, S Da'Mon Cromartie-Smith, WR Lee Doss, OL Kevin Kowalski, P Robert Malone, OL Tevita Stevens, NT Robert Thomas, S Phillip Thomas, K Zach Hocker, CB Chase Minnifield, WR Nick Williams, OLB Everette Brown, RB Lache Seastrunk, RB Chris Thompson and RB Evan Royster.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
WAS.png
Redskins

Cuts to get to 53: TE Ted Bolser, CB Richard Crawford, S Da'Mon Cromartie-Smith, WR Lee Doss, OL Kevin Kowalski, P Robert Malone, OL Tevita Stevens, NT Robert Thomas, S Phillip Thomas, K Zach Hocker, CB Chase Minnifield, WR Nick Williams, OLB Everette Brown, RB Lache Seastrunk, RB Chris Thompson and RB Evan Royster.
Bummer. So who needs a speedy little WR weapon?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom