UConn in the NBA: Oct 24/25 | Page 9 | The Boneyard

UConn in the NBA: Oct 24/25

Reaction Score
I had some, uh, pecuniary interests in the Spurs-Mavs game and caught the end of it. Castle late in the 4th had some really nice passes, including threading the needle cross-court for an open 3. I can see why he billed himself as a point guard. Also one of his typical bullying layups for an and-1. Yes, it was quasi-garbage time, but he looked like he belonged.

He should get more PT as Paul is phased out (great veteran mentor but it's time) and be an excellent D-and-everything-but-3 guy for them (and maybe can get more comfortable with that outside shot).
Seemed like he got completely bodyslammed on another drive earlier in the 4th, but refs swallowed the whistle. Still ended up a Sochan and-1 though.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I had some, uh, pecuniary interests in the Spurs-Mavs game and caught the end of it. Castle late in the 4th had some really nice passes, including threading the needle cross-court for an open 3. I can see why he billed himself as a point guard. Also one of his typical bullying layups for an and-1. Yes, it was quasi-garbage time, but he looked like he belonged.

He should get more PT as Paul is phased out (great veteran mentor but it's time) and be an excellent D-and-everything-but-3 guy for them (and maybe can get more comfortable with that outside shot).

I saw that pass too - his skips and cross court passes are elite already. His pick and roll, vision, and finishing are why I always thought he can play the 1 in NBA.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I saw that pass too - his skips and cross court passes are elite already. His pick and roll, vision, and finishing are why I always thought he can play the 1 in NBA.
He’s so good in transition too and has pace way beyond his years. It took Kemba 3 years to develop good pace.

It’s a skill to know when to pass the ball in transition that he does easily. He doesn’t give the ball to guys at the wrong time.

Reaction Score
Cling vs Hawk tonight - since both are in the second unit, lots of time on the floor together. Cling has looked great on D, had an absolutely absurd and-1 play off an O rebound. Hawk looks good, but throws some very careless/risky passes. Has had a few nice plays driving and pulling up at the nail/hitting cutters for layups. 2-4 from 3 heading into the 4th.

caw

Reaction Score
Cling vs Hawk tonight - since both are in the second unit, lots of time on the floor together. Cling has looked great on D, had an absolutely absurd and-1 play off an O rebound. Hawk looks good, but throws some very careless/risky passes. Has had a few nice plays driving and pulling up at the nail/hitting cutters for layups. 2-4 from 3 heading into the 4th.

Started the fourth on fire for Hawk.

Reaction Score
Pel teammates missing Hawk wide open a couple times while he's hot, but he poked a loose rebound free and they scored anyways. He's tied for team lead in points at 20 right now.

Reaction Score
Ayton is so bad. Clingan won't take over his job for a while likely due to conditioning reasons, but it'll happen eventually.

caw

Reaction Score

JJ with another ATO taken directly from our playbook.

UConn ran it better.

Seriously though it makes sense Reddick would call these types of plays. He was in love with UConn’s sets.

Reaction Score
What a night for Hawk! DC was quieter, but there were some good flashes in just 14 minutes. 4 blks 6 rebounds. On another note, what a bummer to see that Ajax and Adama were both DNPs in the Bulls-Bucks game.

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
Yeahh, the one thing you worried about with Edey -- which, kudos to him for defying the critics and earning himself a lottery pick when many said he wouldn't go in the first round -- was that the quickness of the game would be too much for him. This isn't the Ewing/Shaw/Olajuwon/Robinson era. Centers have to be able to move.

6 fouls in 15 minutes is a big concern. 2-4 shooting, 1 turnover, OK, 1-5 at the line, he's better than that, 5 rebounds is nice, but no blocks or any other stats. Obvious caveat that it's just one game.
Did you ever see Hakeem play??? He was amazingly quick.

Reaction Score
Ayton is so bad. Clingan won't take over his job for a while likely due to conditioning reasons, but it'll happen eventually.
Clingan still looks pretty uncomfortable on the offensive end. That side of the floor seems to be moving a bit quick for him still. I have no doubt he’ll adjust. Defensively, it was night and day. Challenging way more shots at the rim and just turning guys back without even attempting the shot.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
He’s so good in transition too and has pace way beyond his years. It took Kemba 3 years to develop good pace.

It’s a skill to know when to pass the ball in transition that he does easily. He doesn’t give the ball to guys at the wrong time.

Very true. Gunning a baseball pass to a big on the sprint usually doesn’t work well.

He’s just a smart player who’s always had a natural feel for the game and good pacing. He’s always played with the qualities of a good PG.

Oh yeah, and he’s 6’7, strong and athletic.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HowlingDawg

Top Bottom