UConn in the NBA: Oct 24/25 | Page 10 | The Boneyard

UConn in the NBA: Oct 24/25

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score

Some nice early in the shot clock long 2s mixed in there too ;)

Really happy for Hawk getting this opportunity this year. Looks like he’s really worked hard to expand his game. His jumper is such a thing of beauty

Reaction Score
Hawkins was incredible. Career changing skills were on display.

Donovan was a bit better than game 1. But I think he was helped by the predictability of Zion at times. Zion was taking it to the hoop and I think it simplified Clingan's job. That said, Clingan has definitely shown he's going to be able to block shots at the NBA level. Likely at an elite level. But he needs to get stronger. Move just a bit quicker. I hope he and the Blazers have him working his *** off in the gym. Because his ceiling is very high if he improves his strength and conditioning. To me it looks like he has a similar capability at the nba level that he had in college. Dominate the paint.

Blazers are an odd team. Ayton in particular. Despite how bad the Blazers were in game 1, I thought Ayton looked mobile and active. I thought, Donovan is not ready to put this guy on the bench. In game 2 Ayton started ok. Not incredible or anything like that, but once again active. He looked like a good player and I thought, Clingan needs to improve to bench this guy.

Then Ayton entered the game in the 4th. The game looked very winnable. Suddenly Ayton played as bad as one can play for about the next 7 or 8 minutes. He arguably lost the game with his horrendous offense. He took bad shots, missed a wide open dunk and a layup. I thought he was tankng the game.

Reaction Score
Hawkins was incredible. Career changing skills were on display.

Donovan was a bit better than game 1. But I think he was helped by the predictability of Zion at times. Zion was taking it to the hoop and I think it simplified Clingan's job. That said, Clingan has definitely shown he's going to be able to block shots at the NBA level. Likely at an elite level. But he needs to get stronger. Move just a bit quicker. I hope he and the Blazers have him working his *** off in the gym. Because his ceiling is very high if he improves his strength and conditioning. To me it looks like he has a similar capability at the nba level that he had in college. Dominate the paint.

Blazers are an odd team. Ayton in particular. Despite how bad the Blazers were in game 1, I thought Ayton looked mobile and active. I thought, Donovan is not ready to put this guy on the bench. In game 2 Ayton started ok. Not incredible or anything like that, but once again active. He looked like a good player and I thought, Clingan needs to improve to bench this guy.

Then Ayton entered the game in the 4th. The game looked very winnable. Suddenly Ayton played as bad as one can play for about the next 7 or 8 minutes. He arguably lost the game with his horrendous offense. He took bad shots, missed a wide open dunk and a layup. I thought he was tankng the game.
Obviously this wasn’t all because of Clingan and Ayton, but I believe NO went on a 13-0 immediately after Clingan left the game jn the fourth.

Reaction Score
Just watched the highlight clip on Jordan, and his shot release looks smoother compared to last season.

Not to say you can discern player confidence in a shot release, but it looks like money all the time.

He will represent our program well into the future!

Damn shame Adama gets no PT, despite producing double-double efficiency whenever he does play.

A better organization would be wise to play him.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Just watched the highlight clip on Jordan, and his shot release looks smoother compared to last season.

Not to say you can discern player confidence in a shot release, but it looks like money all the time.

He will represent our program well into the future!

Damn shame Adama gets no PT, despite producing double-double efficiency whenever he does play.

A better organization would be wise to play him.
100%
AS would look nice in Celtic green

Reaction Score
I missed almost all the Spurs game. Caught the last 11 seconds. The game was close. Rockets have the ball and Castle is in. Presumably for his maturity and defense. Especially his D.

The idea the Spurs consider a 19 year old Castle to be a defensive stopper kinda blows my mind. Not that i believe Castle isnt that. He 100% is.... but hes 19. Its nba game 2 for Castle. And hes playing the closing minutes because they want his D on the floor.

This is such a unique thing. It blows my mind a little bit. Rookies in their 2nd game are almost never treated like this.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I missed almost all the Spurs game. Caught the last 11 seconds. The game was close. Rockets have the ball and Castle is in. Presumably for his maturity and defense. Especially his D.

The idea the Spurs consider a 19 year old Castle to be a defensive stopper kinda blows my mind. Not that i believe Castle isnt that. He 100% is.... but hes 19. Its nba game 2 for Castle. And hes playing the closing minutes because they want his D on the floor.

This is such a unique thing. It blows my mind a little bit. Rookies in their 2nd game are almost never treated like this.
I was surprised to see Pop go with Castle over Barnes in the final minutes. Loved seeing it and Castle did a pretty solid job.

Pop seems all in on investing in Castle’s development as much as possible including challenging him in situations like these. He also ran the offense a lot even with CP3 on the floor.

caw

Reaction Score
I was surprised to see Pop go with Castle over Barnes in the final minutes. Loved seeing it and Castle did a pretty solid job.

Pop seems all in on investing in Castle’s development as much as possible including challenging him in situations like these. He also ran the offense a lot even with CP3 on the floor.

Castle did not shoot the ball well at all, but his two buckets were very impressive. He had a few passes that got really open looks for his teammates but were missed badly. He's making the right passes at the least. His defense was solid except for one play.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Castle did not shoot the ball well at all, but his two buckets were very impressive. He had a few passes that got really open looks for his teammates but were missed badly. He's making the right passes at the least. His defense was solid except for one play.
Not really expecting Castle to shoot it well at this point. Really just looking for him to get comfortable attacking, setting his teammates up, and getting that pull up going that he seems to be getting comfortable with.

He’s a natural at making the right passes. Haven’t seen a connection with Wemby yet and thatll have to come eventually

Reaction Score
Nice first shift for DC so far in this game against the Pelicans
He looked so impactful, and he played solid D helping on Zion. Ayton had 9 points in about 9 minutes before DC came in. The Pelicans need a center so bad.

Reaction Score
He looked so impactful, and he played solid D helping on Zion. Ayton had 9 points in about 9 minutes before DC came in. The Pelicans need a center so bad.
Yea Misi looks very promising but they need to add one more center at some point like the Mavs did last with Gafford to pair with Lively

caw

Reaction Score
Not really expecting Castle to shoot it well at this point. Really just looking for him to get comfortable attacking, setting his teammates up, and getting that pull up going that he seems to be getting comfortable with.

He’s a natural at making the right passes. Haven’t seen a connection with Wemby yet and thatll have to come eventually

Agreed on Castle's shooting but aside from his layup and dunk he missed every jumper. He needs to be slightly better, his shot is not that broken. However, it's one game. He looks pretty solid otherwise. A lot of his time doesn't overlap with Wemby right now. It will come.

caw

Reaction Score
Blazers should be playing Clingan more. He's already showing he's a major game changer.

I can only imagine they are a) trying to bring him along slowly to get his body used to the grind and b) showcasing Ayton for a mid-season trade of some kind (esp. if Williams comes back).

Clingan was very impressive tonight. Hawkins was good but the Pels played with no energy in general.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HowlingDawg

Top Bottom