UConn in the NBA: Oct 24/25 | Page 8 | The Boneyard

UConn in the NBA: Oct 24/25

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Neither looked like a future all star last night. They didn't get too involved. I watched a bit of Edey's game. It seemed too fast for him. He started the game but was yanked quickly. Clingan was tentative. Needs to be more aggressive to the ball. Seemed like first game jitters for both.
I don't think either are likely to be regular all stars. But both should have good careers in the NBA and I think Donovan can become a starter as he continues to develop.

Reaction Score
A victory lap after game 1 of 82 is something, especially when DC didn't play all that well himself. I guess Geno's Caitlin Clark debacle set the precedent for UConn fans to follow.

Reaction Score
Im curious if Castle has early stuggles as well. Clingan clearly did. Even after looking great at times during the preseason. But its a different world for NBA bigs. Clingan's stuggles were as much (or more) about style of play than anything.

Reaction Score
The more I think about it I don't feel good about the Knicks offseason.

Towns is soft and I'm not at all convinced Bridges is a better offensive player than DiVincenzo and the price for him was super high.
Ok man, it's one game. It's a risky move, but the upside is far better than Randle getting angry at Brunson.

Reaction Score
Castle playing great D but playing more off the ball for the Spurs in the 2nd unit and looking a little uncomfortable. He did make one nice jumper but I would like to see him with the ball in his hands as the PG with the 2nd unit.

Reaction Score
Castle played better at the end when he was running the point making some great passes and hitting a bucket over Lively. I like to see him to start to play it more. I think this has to be Chris Paul's last year he looks pretty ineffective out there. I hope by mid-season Castle is running the show.

Last edited:

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
If you can't defend the rim in the nba at center, you aren't a good defender.

I love the kid. He is big, athletic, in the class
Of Rodman as a rebounder. But, his defensive rim protection, for his size, is subpar, isn't a great drop big.

Because of that, you have to watch the matchups with him. His offense is below average.

Dude is gonna be a multi-time all star, had a 15 year nba career when all is said and done. He lived up to his potential imo.
I don’t know if it’s his conditioning or his focus but he always has points in a game where he just gets very lackadaisical. It’s been like that his whole career.

Reaction Score
I’ve never thought he is going to make it in the league but this is far worse and sooner…

Yeahh, the one thing you worried about with Edey -- which, kudos to him for defying the critics and earning himself a lottery pick when many said he wouldn't go in the first round -- was that the quickness of the game would be too much for him. This isn't the Ewing/Shaw/Olajuwon/Robinson era. Centers have to be able to move.

6 fouls in 15 minutes is a big concern. 2-4 shooting, 1 turnover, OK, 1-5 at the line, he's better than that, 5 rebounds is nice, but no blocks or any other stats. Obvious caveat that it's just one game.

Reaction Score
I had some, uh, pecuniary interests in the Spurs-Mavs game and caught the end of it. Castle late in the 4th had some really nice passes, including threading the needle cross-court for an open 3. I can see why he billed himself as a point guard. Also one of his typical bullying layups for an and-1. Yes, it was quasi-garbage time, but he looked like he belonged.

He should get more PT as Paul is phased out (great veteran mentor but it's time) and be an excellent D-and-everything-but-3 guy for them (and maybe can get more comfortable with that outside shot).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HowlingDawg

Top Bottom