UCONN in the NBA - 2023/24 Season | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UCONN in the NBA - 2023/24 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He's struggling a bit on the defensive end. Some of it is lack of strength, and some of it is all the injuries means the roles and rotations are not will practiced.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
He was fine positionally overall but got posted once and Curry did Curry things against him.
Curry also put Dillon Brooks in a blender the other night

Reactions: caw
Reaction Score
If people think of it that way, they would be more understanding.

But most people just can't relate to having the opportunity to make that much money (and more) and continuing to screw it up after so many chances, so many promises, etc.

And I don't think he left too soon. There was good chance he could've been kicked off the team or out of school if he stayed.

Reaction Score
I don't understand the nasty.comments from random posters on Bouk. All because he left a year earlier than theu thought he should.

He's not a mentally well person. More sad than anything.
I don’t think he left early at all.

I think he’s a young man with all the talent and opportunity in the world and he’s blowing it by making bonehead decision after bonehead decision.

If he is truly dealing with a mental illness that’s different but it doesn’t appear that way from a distance.

Reaction Score
If people think of it that way, they would be more understanding.

But most people just can't relate to having the opportunity to make that much money (and more) and continuing to screw it up after so many chances, so many promises, etc.

And I don't think he left too soon. There was good chance he could've been kicked off the team or out of school if he stayed.

He needed a Calhoun type figure to reel him in. I felt the same way that I'm not sure staying would have made him more mature. Thought he was a bit of a diva and I'm not sure if the team chemistry with him was great. So much talent though.

Reaction Score
If you’re a sophomore getting a promise to go into the NBA lottery, you take it.

If he’s lucky enough to get back in the rotation after injury, this is his last chance to prove something that would interest another team enough to sign him. Or else he’s out of the league. Whether it’s mental health, bad decision making, or both, it’s just sad to see.

I don’t think another year at UConn would have helped him. In 2 years with NBA resources and 30 G League games of experience, he didn’t show improvement. Hard for me to believe he would have figured it all out in 1 more year at UConn

I wish him the best. Hope everything ends up okay for him. He’s made enough money to live a good life for a really really long time. I truly hope he is smart with it

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I don't understand the nasty.comments from random posters on Bouk. All because he left a year earlier than theu thought he should.

He's not a mentally well person. More sad than anything.
Yeah, I wish him the best. Hope he straightens things out and has a happy life and successful career. He has the talent, something is clearly wrong.

Reaction Score
He’s made enough money to live a good life for a really really long time. I truly hope he is smart with it

Unfortunately, I'd absolutely hammer the line if we were betting whether Bouk is bankrupt in the next 5 years. Maybe he gets a contract overseas and the change of scenery forces a change in his habits and behaviors. Probably his best bet at this point.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately, I'd absolutely hammer the line if we were betting whether Bouk is bankrupt in the next 5 years. Maybe he gets a contract overseas and the change of scenery forces a change in his habits and behaviors. Probably his best bet at this point.
I sadly agree. Hoping another team is willing to take a flyer on him. But score-first/second/third guards are already plentiful in the NBA

Reaction Score
Have you read the news over the past 2 years?
I don’t recall reading anything about his mental health, but it sure wouldn’t surprise me. His behaviors could be caused by other things beside mental illness. Immaturity, too much money at such a young age, not having a good support system/ mentoring plus more. I honestly think him leaving when he did was good for the team. I sure hope he figures it out and/or gets the help it seems he needs.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Not that it would’ve been any different but I wonder what would’ve happened if he’d went to a different team. Charlotte is one of the worst franchises in all professional sports. It’s a true testament to how great Kemba was.

Reaction Score
I don’t recall reading anything about his mental health, but it sure wouldn’t surprise me. His behaviors could be caused by other things beside mental illness. Immaturity, too much money at such a young age, not having a good support system/ mentoring plus more. I honestly think him leaving when he did was good for the team. I sure hope he figures it out and/or gets the help it seems he needs.
Yep, I don't think anyone knows if he has mental health issues or he just makes incredibly poor choices. At a minimum he seems like someone who doesn't know how to handle being a young rich NBA player and the opportunities/pressures that come along with it.

The incident with the police in the parking garage was disturbing and he's honestly lucky to be alive. I hope he figures things out and plays himself back into the league but mostly I just hope he holds onto his money and figures things out off the court. There's always plenty of help available if he needs it but he has to be accepting of help.

Reaction Score
I'm in no way criticizing him for leaving and it was probably the right choice for his career, but it really stinks knowing that Andre could be back and helping us repeat, but instead he'll be getting less than 10 MPG for the stacked Bucks probably the whole season.
Selfishly I agree. Andre is more than ready for the NBA and another year at UConn wouldn't have put him in the first round. But Hot Damn if he was on this squad I'd bet my left nut on a repeat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom