UCONN in the NBA - 2023/24 Season | Page 11 | The Boneyard

UCONN in the NBA - 2023/24 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Jackson gets into the game in the 2nd quarter against the Celtics. Just committed an offensive foul, though/
He plays way too aggressively on defense at the moment. Love the effort but playing that high up all the time leaves him open to back cuts.

He also had a really nice putback dunk.

Reaction Score
He plays way too aggressively on defense at the moment. Love the effort but playing that high up all the time leaves him open to back cuts.

I don't know, the rest of the Bucks have had zero energy so the over-aggressiveness might be warranted tonight.

I thought he looked great out there in the last few minutes of the half. In addition to the putback dunk, he hit a corner three and should have had an assist on a nice pass to an open three-point shooter. Hoping he gets some more run in the second half!

Reaction Score

And hit a somewhat contested catch and shoot 3.

I'm guessing the coaches tell him to go in and muck up and be aggressive.

caw

Reaction Score
Now 50% from three on the season. But only 4/8.

Hawk is playing well right now but shooting is meh

Reaction Score
I still am a firm believer that he needs to overhaul his shooting mechanics. That box score will not result in a long NBA career. They will move onto the next potential player quickly. He is so athletic, has great BBIQ, plays solid D and rebounds but, as I said last year, he will have trouble getting off his shot in the NBA. This is a shooters/scorers league.
His shooting mechanics may be beyond overhaul at this age. They needed to be fixed when he was 12 years old, at 22 it's hard to change

Reaction Score
Now 50% from three on the season. But only 4/8.

Hawk is playing well right now but shooting is meh
I'm still eagerly awaiting Sanogo's call-up. I can't wait to see him step onto the NBA hardwood for the first time.

Reaction Score
All 3 guys played yesterday

Hawkins: 20 minutes off the bench, 13 points on 3-9 shooting (2-8 three, 5-5 FT)

Andre: 7 minutes, 7 points on 3-4 including a three!

Sanogo (G League): 26 points (!!), 14 rebounds (!!) in 28 minutes (!!)

Reaction Score
All 3 guys played yesterday

Hawkins: 20 minutes off the bench, 13 points on 3-9 shooting (2-8 three, 5-5 FT)

Andre: 7 minutes, 7 points on 3-4 including a three!

Sanogo (G League): 26 points (!!), 14 rebounds (!!) in 28 minutes (!!)

Sanogo is going bananas in the g-league. I do hope he gets a chance at the next level. Regardless, he's going to make a bunch of money here and overseas.

Reactions: caw
Reaction Score
Sanogo is going bananas in the g-league. I do hope he gets a chance at the next level. Regardless, he's going to make a bunch of money here and overseas.
Bulls are freefalling and will probably look to blow up the team with some trades this year. Selfishly wouldn’t mind if Vucevic is shipped out, so the Bulls needed to call up a certain G League animal to play some minutes

caw

Reaction Score
Hawkins with 9 3pt attempts in the 1st half lol (he made 4). 20 points at the half.

Probably should have only had 8, one was a foul that wasn't called, IMO (the airball).

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
Jordan Hawkins finished with 25/6/3 tonight in 40 min. 8/17 and 5/12 from three. Made a big three with a minute left to get the Pelicans within 3. Then they had a chance to tie with about 30 seconds left and essentially ran zero offense. I forgot who it was got called for an up and down before attempting a three to tie.

caw

Reaction Score
Jordan Hawkins finished with 25/6/3 tonight in 40 min. 8/17 and 5/12 from three. Made a big three with a minute left to get the Pelicans within 3. Then they had a chance to tie with about 30 seconds left and essentially ran zero offense. I forgot who it was got called for an up and down before attempting a three to tie.

Their PG, Daniels.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
NBA teams are so heavy on analytics that he isn't going to be ignored for his outside-the-box-score stuff. Bucks were a great landing spot for him.

The Bucks are literally the perfect landing spot for Andre.

The Bucks don't need Andre to score a basket with Lillard, Giannis, Middleton, Lopez, Portis, Beasley, Connaughton and Payne. BUT, the Bucks went from one of the better defensive backcourts in the NBA to one of the worst when they traded for Lillard. Lillard needs protection on defense when he is on the court. If Jackson works, he can become Lillard's 2nd and 3rd quarter bodyguard, picking up the opposing team's top scoring threat and letting Lillard rest on D. That could turn into a 15-20 minutes a game job for Andre. Not bad for a second round pick to one of the best teams in the NBA.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The Bucks are literally the perfect landing spot for Andre.

...If Jackson works, he can become Lillard's 2nd and 3rd quarter bodyguard, picking up the opposing team's top scoring threat and letting Lillard rest on D. That could turn into a 15-20 minutes a game job for Andre. Not bad for a second round pick to one of the best teams in the NBA.
This article talks about exactly that from a G-league perspective. Most players don't make the show by "being the man." "That the best path to the league is through a role." Andre figured that out without being sent down.

Last edited:

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
This article talks about exactly that from a G-league perspective. Most players don't make the show by "being the man." "That the best path to the league is through a role." Andre figured that out without being sent down.

The Bucks are also great for Andre in that no one wants to end up on a Giannis or Lopez block highlight reel, so Andre can play aggressively on the perimeter and not worry about getting beat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom