Men - UConn in the 2024 NCAA Baseball Tournament > Norman Oklahoma Regional > HookC Advances to Super Regionals | Page 46 | The Boneyard

Men UConn in the 2024 NCAA Baseball Tournament > Norman Oklahoma Regional > HookC Advances to Super Regionals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
unfortunate when the DVR has the game on ESPN2
I have YouTube TV, and it's a disaster when it comes to recording something that's not listed accurately in the system's channel guide. There's really no practical work-around, because you can't just record what's playing live on some channel and be confident it'll still be there when you go to watch it later. YTTV will delete it and replace it with another "recording" of the program that was listed in the channel guide. I learned that with the UConn men's basketball coverage on channel 3 when they returned from the airport after winning natty #6.

Reaction Score
I will be so happy to go to bed before midnight tonight. But I won’t be going to bed nearly as amazed as I have been going to sleep. Unbelievable that we got 3 out of 4 starts of that quality. :Unbelievable that we played defense like we did without any errors until the 36th inning. And unbelievable that, in a regional of that quality, Korey Morton was the best player in the field.

we have some internal questions to answer before even worrying about FSU. Can we get rid of the damn flu bug and be healthy? Ryan Hyde will not deliver his share of offense, but the way he handled the staff can you possibly go back to Garbo? Do we give Simmons more chances and sit Studley, at least against righty starters?

A lot for Penders and staff to deal with, but the bottom line is they pushed enough buttons for us to be going to a Super Regional, while folks like me thought there was no realistic chance of it.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Unexpected or not, what a run to get to the Supers. Solid pitching and some timely hitting, add in some confidence and it’s off to FSU.

No matter the outcome, as a fan, it’s a freeroll. Completely satisfied with getting there given how long it took to figure out this roster. But they did. I’m all about taking the next step to the CWS but this is a successful season and I hope they capitalize in the off-season.

Reaction Score
Still have the Supers this season, however, the 25’ core, on both sides, especially the pitching can be set up for a regular season run to host a regional should 3 key arms and the core bats plus Padilla decide to come back. This year’s run should be extremely helpful when adding thru HS or portal.

Reaction Score

They are. And have been. Now perhaps the risk when scheduling Uconn or the lack of national respect when it comes to seeding and tournaments will begin to dissipate.

If you schedule a 3 game series against Uconn at home in the SEC or ACC or B12 no longer will it be a knock. Beating Uconn in a series is now worth it. Regionals in Storrs happening, not sure how else otherwise.

Reaction Score
Unexpected or not, what a run to get to the Supers. Solid pitching and some timely hitting, add in some confidence and it’s off to FSU.

No matter the outcome, as a fan, it’s a freeroll. Completely satisfied with getting there given how long it took to figure out this roster. But they did. I’m all about taking the next step to the CWS but this is a successful season and I hope they capitalize in the off-season.
The defense was superb!

Reaction Score
Call them small conference sure - they were a 2 seed.
Not sure about Indiana or Illinois, but Husker hitters were uncharacteristically undisciplined. Everyone went up to the plate with one thing in mind. Trotting around the bases with their fist in the air at that bandbox. It didn't matter what the situation was. You could count on one hand the number of times they followed the ball all the way to the bat. Their pitchers also picked a bad time to crap the bed.

Lack of depth was also a factor. It always is.

Reaction Score
When asked to discuss the successes over the past 10+ years, he dove right in to talking about the portal starting while they are still playing (again, I'll never know why they just can't wait to open the portal until the season has completed), and the fact they need more NIL money and hoping this run opens some peoples eyes in CT who have some money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom