UConn in Paul White's Top 5 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn in Paul White's Top 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Full quote from article on UConnReport.com:

"UConn is legendary," he said. "It's produced so many players, I don't even remember some of the players they've produced. I was always a fan of who the most exciting teams in college basketball were and no one can forget when Kemba Walker set the whole nation on fire."

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
You guys are funny. Weather in Storrs and Minneapolis sucks balls. Who cares? Unless they start playing basketball outdoors I think we will be ok. No way he goes to AZ. They have victor already and Stanley Johnson and Winslow are definitely plan A and plan B now.

Seriously. Nobody has ever chosen or will ever choose UConn because of the weather.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Love how the kids looking at schools now all remember Kemba owning college hoops a few years ago... great advantage to have. Kid is cemented as best husky ever IMO for statements like that from recruits

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Love how the kids looking at schools now all remember Kemba owning college hoops a few years ago... great advantage to have. Kid is cemented as best husky ever IMO for statements like that from recruits

right, wasn't it facey who said he became a fan of uconn after watching kemba dominate?

Reaction Score
Here's an excerpt about the summer that Paul White was having before he got hurt:
The 6-foot-9 Whitney Young High School prospect put up 20 points and 13 rebounds going against Stanley Johnson and Ivan Rabb (who combined to shoot 5 of 16) followed by 22 points and 11 rebounds in a head to head match-up with Abdul-Malik Abu (who had 11 points and five rebounds).
Friday morning Paul recorded his third straight double-double with 20 points and 10 rebounds, this time getting numbers against Theo Pinson and Gary Clark. This after White averaged 10.3 points and 7.2 rebounds in ten games of EYBL play in the spring (numbers are skewed because of an injury that forced him into limited minutes a couple games).
Those are pretty good numbers against some top notch competition. If he wasn't injured, and kept on performing at this level, I wouldn't be surprised if he had some other top programs coming after him. Would love to land this kid.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Here's an excerpt about the summer that Paul White was having before he got hurt:
The 6-foot-9 Whitney Young High School prospect put up 20 points and 13 rebounds going against Stanley Johnson and Ivan Rabb (who combined to shoot 5 of 16) followed by 22 points and 11 rebounds in a head to head match-up with Abdul-Malik Abu (who had 11 points and five rebounds).
Friday morning Paul recorded his third straight double-double with 20 points and 10 rebounds, this time getting numbers against Theo Pinson and Gary Clark. This after White averaged 10.3 points and 7.2 rebounds in ten games of EYBL play in the spring (numbers are skewed because of an injury that forced him into limited minutes a couple games).
Those are pretty good numbers against some top notch competition. If he wasn't injured, and kept on performing at this level, I wouldn't be surprised if he had some other top programs coming after him. Would love to land this kid.

Wow, those are some impressive performances!

Reaction Score
Storrs gets very cold and it snows quite a bit in the winter. The climates are probably very similar between Minnesota and CT

have you looked at a map? MN is almost as far north as northern Maine.
the average temp in st. paul from Dec to Mar is less than 28 degrees.
Storrs is almost 10 degrees warmer for the same months.

Reaction Score
Kid looks like a true SF more a comparison to Larrier or Devin Robinson. Not flashy athletic but looks like he has some nice bball skills. Kid is gonna be a nice player for whomever lands his services.

Reaction Score
have you looked at a map? MN is almost as far north as northern Maine.
the average temp in st. paul from Dec to Mar is less than 28 degrees.
Storrs is almost 10 degrees warmer for the same months.
And Minn/ St Paul are the hot spots in Minnie.

Reaction Score
Really want this kid........good kid, solid game, HUGE upside!

pj

Reaction Score
Yes, he might be the best of the forwards. Would be awesome if he fell into our lap late.

Reaction Score
I went to Prov. College forum and they have a link to a Georgetown site that states White is very likely headed to G-Town after his visit in 10 days or so.

Just wanted to pass this along as White might not exactly be UC bound. I like him and would like to get him if we dont get ABU.

Could the Colson offer be an indicator that we dont feel confident with our chances of getting ABU, White, Robinson or Larrier. From reading the tea leaves, it doesn;t seem like we are the clear leader for any of these guys. In fact , it seem slike we are # 2, 3, or 4 choice for each of these guys. I hope I'm wrong b/c I think UCHCKO can build something special here.

Reaction Score
I went to Prov. College forum and they have a link to a Georgetown site that states White is very likely headed to G-Town after his visit in 10 days or so.

Just wanted to pass this along as White might not exactly be UC bound. I like him and would like to get him if we dont get ABU.

Could the Colson offer be an indicator that we dont feel confident with our chances of getting ABU, White, Robinson or Larrier. From reading the tea leaves, it doesn;t seem like we are the clear leader for any of these guys. In fact , it seem slike we are # 2, 3, or 4 choice for each of these guys. I hope I'm wrong b/c I think UCHCKO can build something special here.

The article was speculative. No real sources. Not only that, but G'town already is stocked well at his position (3/4s), and White has talked about how playing time is important to him.

Reaction Score
white>abu

Ain't buying what you're selling. Abu is at PF and has a lot of athleticism. He plays very hard and gets up for rebounds quickly.

This is from Biancardi:

Abdul-Malik Abu (Boston/Kimball): Brings a wealth of versatility to the position along with a powerful build and competitiveness. Abu does a terrific job of keeping his defender on his back by moving his feet and maintaining a low, wide stance for an effective inside post-up game. His skill level has made big strides this summer as he now can be a threat facing the basket with an elbow jumper or a drive from the mid-range, and he is a capable 3-point shooter. A strong rebounder who gets off his feet easily and is strong-willed, crashing the glass anytime he spots a missed shot. Best at finishing at the rim through contact and making impressive dunks in traffic. Strong, mobile and gives plenty of effort on defense to bang inside, along with the physical traits to cover ground at the high post or short corners. One of the summer's most industrious players, as his skills are blossoming.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
Ain't buying what you're selling. Abu is at PF and has a lot of athleticism. He plays very hard and gets up for rebounds quickly.

This is from Biancardi:

Abdul-Malik Abu (Boston/Kimball): Brings a wealth of versatility to the position along with a powerful build and competitiveness. Abu does a terrific job of keeping his defender on his back by moving his feet and maintaining a low, wide stance for an effective inside post-up game. His skill level has made big strides this summer as he now can be a threat facing the basket with an elbow jumper or a drive from the mid-range, and he is a capable 3-point shooter. A strong rebounder who gets off his feet easily and is strong-willed, crashing the glass anytime he spots a missed shot. Best at finishing at the rim through contact and making impressive dunks in traffic. Strong, mobile and gives plenty of effort on defense to bang inside, along with the physical traits to cover ground at the high post or short corners. One of the summer's most industrious players, as his skills are blossoming.

I'm a huge fan of Abu. The recruitniks have a number of players rated higher, but they can keep all of them. Give me Abu! Kid is a straight junk yard dog, straps on the hardhat and works like an addict. That is what he is all about, and what UConn is all about! He's a perfect fit. It'll break my heart if he goes elsewhere, although I'll root for him regardless.

caw

Reaction Score

This is from Biancardi:

Not sure one is better than the other but Abu is a better athlete and stronger. White might be taller and a more skilled. Either would be a great get.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score

This is from Biancardi:

I want Abu a lot. Felt that he would be the complementing piece to OC and DH.

But more than anything I want the opportunity to join @mauconnfan and point out how weak the inside game has been since JA graduated and point out how a post player should play!:)

Reaction Score
I want Abu a lot. Felt that he would be the complementing piece to OC and DH.

But more than anything I want the opportunity to join @mauconnfan and point out how weak the inside game has been since JA graduated and point out how a post player should play!:)

Instigating pri*k aren't you fleudy........and with a good memory! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds