UConn in Paul White's Top 5 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn in Paul White's Top 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Thing is you live there all year around, and school takes place in winter. Not my ideal college destination.

Storrs gets very cold and it snows quite a bit in the winter. The climates are probably very similar between Minnesota and CT

Reaction Score
Connecticut might get more snow than Minnesota but it's way colder and darker in the winter in Minnesota.

caw

Reaction Score
Storrs gets very cold and it snows quite a bit in the winter. The climates are probably very similar between Minnesota and CT

Colder in Minnesota. More sleet/snow in Ct from my experience. that said they are both cold and snowy.

Reaction Score
Before breaking his arm at Peach Jam, Paul White was playing the best basketball of his year. He'll be out 6-8 weeks.​
Florida’s Billy Donovan, Memphis’ Josh Pastner, Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan, UConn’s Kevin Ollie, Michigan State’s Tom Izzo and Illinois’ John Groce were courtside for what had to be White’s best game of the summer as the ESPN 100 forward went for 22 points and 11 rebounds.
I remember posting that and then some of us on here were thinking maybe Ollie was watching someone else in the game since we hadn't heard UConn's name mentioned with White. I guess Ollie was watching White after all.​

Reaction Score
Connecticut might get more snow than Minnesota but it's way colder and darker in the winter in Minnesota.

The average snowfall in Mansfield, Ct is about 45", while in Minneapolis the average snowfall is just under 50".

Reaction Score
The average snowfall in Mansfield, Ct is about 45", while in Minneapolis the average snowfall is just under 50".

The average high and low in January in Minneapolis is 24 and 7. Storrs is 33 and 18. :)

Reaction Score
Colder in Minnesota. More sleet/snow in Ct from my experience. that said they are both cold and snowy.

Minnesota is so much colder than Storrs, it's a huge difference. As for snow, Storrs might get more.

Storrs gets an average of 28 degrees during the winter months.
Minneapolis averages 14 degrees.

In my experience as a Buffalo resident, the difference between 28 and 14 degrees is immense. 28 degrees means you can comfortably watch a football game outside for 3 hours, go ice skating for an hour or two, go sledding for a couple hours, etc. 14 degrees means you have to chop that time in half, at least.

Reaction Score
William_Whelan
Spoke to Paul White for @UConnReport. Incredibly well spoken young man who said, "To be honest with you, UConn is legendary." #UConn
8/19/13 7:42 PM
Like the sound of that a lot, Paul White is a smart man, sign him up Ollie!

Reaction Score
its gonna be real interesting to see how this wing/face up 4 spot plays out. top 5 for White, Larrier, Chatman, and hopefully Robinson if he releases a list, you gotta think we get at least one of em.

Reaction Score
He goes to Whitney Young which is one of the best high schools in the country. That quote is awesome. Hope he is getting healthy, and hope we are not playing the wait see game Paul White is too good for that.

Reaction Score
He goes to Whitney Young which is one of the best high schools in the country. That quote is awesome. Hope he is getting healthy, and hope we are not playing the wait see game Paul White is too good for that.
Didn't Marcus White go to Whitney Young? Are Paul and Marcus related?

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
You guys are funny. Weather in Storrs and Minneapolis sucks balls. Who cares? Unless they start playing basketball outdoors I think we will be ok. No way he goes to AZ. They have victor already and Stanley Johnson and Winslow are definitely plan A and plan B now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom