UConn in Paul White's Top 5 | The Boneyard

UConn in Paul White's Top 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Paul White could easily develop into a first round pick in college. Him Larrier and Robinson are all similar players any of the three would be great additions.

Reaction Score
surprising, he seemed like a AZ lean before, Craig Victor committing there might knock them back a bit.

Reaction Score
surprising, he seemed like a AZ lean before, Craig Victor committing there might knock them back a bit.
Great point. Hadn't thought of that. Also Georgetown is in a great spot.

caw

Reaction Score
I've heard Georgetown is leading. Had his high school (if only for a short time) teammate commit also.

Hadn't heard his name in forever, thought for sure he would drop UConn. I'd take him.

Reaction Score
We probably haven't heard anything about him due to the fact that he broke his arm during the Peach Jam and never played another minute during July. Good to know that Coach was working the phones with White.

Reaction Score
http://blogs.suntimes.com/hoopsreport/2013/08/paul_white_health_and_recruiti.html
White's recruiting calendar is coming together as well. Thus far White has some in-home visits and on-campus visits set for the coming months with more to follow. Arizona will be in for an in-home visit Sept. 18. He will head to Minnesota for an official visit the first weekend in October, has a visit set at DePaul the last weekend in October and is in the process of setting up a possible visit with Connecticut.

Reaction Score
Georgetown is leading with power forward Ben Bentil.

I don't think Bentil would affect his recruitment too much as he's more of an inside/power player. Georgetown did already get Isaac Copeland tho, his game is alot like White's, long SF/face-up PF.

Reaction Score
Prior to breaking his arm:

Before breaking his arm at Peach Jam, Paul White was playing the best basketball of his year. He'll be out 6-8 weeks.​
Florida’s Billy Donovan, Memphis’ Josh Pastner, Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan, UConn’s Kevin Ollie, Michigan State’s Tom Izzo and Illinois’ John Groce were courtside for what had to be White’s best game of the summer as the ESPN 100 forward went for 22 points and 11 rebounds.
1. White was on the verge of elevating his game If you watched ESPN 100 forward Paul White (Chicago/Whitney Young) at the Peach Jam, you knew something was different. White was playing with passion and at a high level. He’d found the mix between post and perimeter and was putting up numbers. White was truly playing his best basketball of recent memory. The college coaches knew, and so did the media. It’s times like these when you feel real joy for a kid who’s been working hard on his game. However, the euphoria wouldn’t last long. White suffered a broken right forearm later in the Peach Jam and will be out 6-8 weeks. Still, before exiting North Augusta, he made his case to those who might have been sitting on the fence on him.

Reaction Score
I don't think Bentil would affect his recruitment too much as he's more of an inside/power player. Georgetown did already get Isaac Copeland tho, his game is alot like White's, long SF/face-up PF.
True, Bentil seems like a classic physical power forward to me while Paul White's game is very diverse. White can score from all areas of the court and can play power forward and small forward, he handles it well for a tall guy. Paul White is extremely talented and I would love for us to get him.

Reaction Score
I don't think Gtown has too many schollies left if they were to take Bentil.

Zona might be more actively recruiting Winslow and Stanley Johnson.

caw

Reaction Score
Gtown has one more open scholarship I believe. If everyone comes back.

Reaction Score
The order of the visits helps us. After the other big boys and right before the little guys. I'd prefer to be last but this is the best alternative.

K

Kemballin'

Is Isaac Copeland related to Chris Copeland? Sure looks like him, would've liked that bloodline if he is.

Reaction Score
Is Isaac Copeland related to Chris Copeland? Sure looks like him, would've liked that bloodline if he is.

Bigger question are they related to the ex-RU, Knick Hollis Copeland?

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I think the team to watch is Minnesota with Pitino coaching their and reaching out to a number of players this summer.

K

Kemballin'

I think the team to watch is Minnesota with Pitino coaching their and reaching out to a number of players this summer.

Thing is:

Who on earth would want to live in Minnesota?

Reaction Score
Underrated place. Gorgeous summers with tons of lakes, Minneapolis/St Paul is a nice place and there is all kinds of friendly blond talent.

I enjoyed my visits there quite a bit.

K

Kemballin'

Underrated place. Gorgeous summers with tons of lakes, Minneapolis/St Paul is a nice place and there is all kinds of friendly blond talent.

I enjoyed my visits there quite a bit.

Thing is you live there all year around, and school takes place in winter. Not my ideal college destination.

K

Kemballin'

The bigger question is why would anyone want to play for Richard Pitino especially when they have the chance to play for Kevin Ollie.

Best question is:

Why would you want to live in Minnesota and play for Richard Pitino when you could live in Connecticut and play for Kevin Ollie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom