Uconn in CR | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Uconn in CR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
O
@Or maybe he has a job?And maybe he just got home and took care of family obligations?I suggest you get something more rewarding than researching a school you don't follow and do something to improve your image right here!No respect I tell ya I get no respect!!

Maybe not but I'm better looking!

Reaction Score
Kansas won a BCS bowl.

You said middling teams don't win BCS bowls.

In fact, they won a BCS bowl against the #3 ranked team in the country!

Thank you for proving my point.

That is why I didn't JUST use BCS appearances to define what is and isn't middling....even though Kansas was the only school in that group that has been to only ONE BCS game while the others were all at multiple BCS games, plus a whole lot more bowl games in general.

Kansas has been to just 12 bowls in its history...and unlike the other programs mentioned that have 8 or nine bowl appearances and two BCS appearances in the last 10 years, Kansas has been to a whopping 4 bowls since 2003. That is middling.

If you don't know why Kansas is middling, while Louisville, Utah, TCU, and Boise are NOT...well then I'm wasting my time with an amateur.

You will admit you are wrong about anything, will you? Just like you could not bring yourself to admit you were wrong about Berkely being the flagship school of the Cal system.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
that 40 percent figure was for one year. It even says the year before the school only gave away 24 percent of the tickets....and RU gave away even less than that.

BTW, UCONN gives away tickets too... and you still can't even sell out a 38,000 seat stadium.

RU wouldn't need to give a way a single ticket to sell that out.

24%, 41%, yeah, it goes back and forth. Uh-huh.

I can see math wasn't your forte either.

41% of 52k = 30,600.

Paid seating at the Rent is 38,500. During sellouts, the attendance goes to 40k because of free tix to band members and the staffers. Sounds like UConn should try artificially pump those attendance figures with free tix because that impresses the B1G. But then again, when you compare Uconn's revenues to Rutgers, you now know why there is a huge gap between the two. $29m in direct support for Rutgers.

Reaction Score
That is why I didn't JUST use BCS appearances to define what is and isn't middling....even though Kansas was the only school in that group that has been to only ONE BCS game while the others were all at multiple BCS games, plus a whole lot more bowl games in general.

Kansas has been to just 12 bowls in its history...and unlike the other programs mentioned that have 8 or nine bowl appearances and two BCS appearances in the last 10 years, Kansas has been to a whopping 4 bowls since 2003. That is middling.

If you don't know why Kansas is middling, while Louisville, Utah, TCU, and Boise are NOT...well then I'm wasting my time with an amateur.

You will admit you are wrong about anything, will you? Just like you could not bring yourself to admit you were wrong about Berkely being the flagship school of the Cal system.

You're the cocksure one that stated a school with a BCS bowl victory over a top 5 ranked team is NOT middling.

I proved you wrong.

Take it like a man and move on.

Another poster even showed these schools have 50% winning percentages. That is the definition of middling.

Reaction Score
You're the cocksure one that stated a school with a BCS bowl victory over a top 5 ranked team is NOT middling.

I proved you wrong.

Take it like a man and move on.

Another poster even showed these schools have 50% winning percentages. That is the definition of middling.

Ok, I'll take it like a man and admit that even a middling program can occasionally rise to occasion once in their history and win a BCS game. I was wrong to say that middling programs don't win a BCS game. They do perhaps once in their 100+ history.

Does that make you feel better?

Now you admit that people (well, people that know football) don't look at an entire history to define what is the CURRENT state of a program.

There was a time when Virginia Tech was merely a middling program. That is no longer the case.

Now you take it like a man and admit you were flat out wrong calling a Louisville program that has two BCS wins (not appearances, but wins) in the last 8 years...and will start off the season either inside or just outside the top 5 as a program that is much better than just middling.

You be a man and admit that.

You won't admit that....because you are a coward to admit you are wrong.

Reaction Score
Ok, I'll take it like a man and admit that even a middling program can occasionally rise to occasion once in their history and win a BCS game. I was wrong to say that middling programs don't win a BCS game. They do perhaps once in their 100+ history.

Does that make you feel better?

Now you admit that people (well, people that know football) don't look at an entire history to define what is the CURRENT state of a program.

There was a time when Virginia Tech was merely a middling program. That is no longer the case.

Now you take it like a man and admit you were flat out wrong calling a Louisville program that has two BCS wins (not appearances, but wins) in the last 8 years...and will start off the season either inside or just outside the top 5 as a program that is much better than just middling.

You be a man and admit that.

You won't admit that....because you are a coward to admit you are wrong.

You are way too easily impressed. Ville was in the dumps with Kragthorpe and then had a good year last year. Even managing to lose to UConn and somehow getting walloped by Cuse. That screams middling. Your description of Kansas rings familiar to me... It's um, like Louisville. And actually, Kansas had been to Orange Bowls before, and won. They had a middling past. in a very good conference. Ville came from a bad conference where they did well (against schlocky competition) and then went through 4 years of Kragthorpe after starting well. I mean, we have people on ACC boards saying the Ville over WV is a no brainer in terms of accomplishment. Put it this way: WV is way ahead of Ville. based on performance. But yet people are getting all giddy over one season. It's nuts.

Reaction Score

@Buggsy,he's worse than an amateur cause he know's it's bogus!!Then while I work ..he gloats some kind of sick victory!Did you ever see him offering any real substance on the board?He's not even a friend of his own school cause when we come as guests to support his school he attacks RU with bias!You can find anything to support an argument if your persistant enough...and NATURALLY he goes to the Newhouse Star Ledger!But did he balance it out with the 13G waiting list link?Hell No!The guy argues with 4 or 5 posters simultaneously here on the BY!Ignore option please?Giveaways?We all do it but some can't even give tickets away!

Reaction Score

41% of 52k = 30,600.

Paid seating at the Rent is 38,500. During sellouts, the attendance goes to 40k because of free tix to band members and the staffers. Sounds like UConn should try artificially pump those attendance figures with free tix because that impresses the B1G. But then again, when you compare Uconn's revenues to Rutgers, you now know why there is a huge gap between the two. $29m in direct support for Rutgers.

@Are you serious with that nonsense?I'm not gonna respond cause 90% of the posters here I sympathise with and support but guys like upstater make you wonder if the accusations on the BC and SU board don't have some merit!You know the "sense of entitlement" issue?But they would say the same if they felt threatened by anyone and I identify with our brother state school (UConn) and their board's are 90% snobbish s who still think Doug Flutie is wowing the nation(BC/SU)!

Reaction Score
@Are you serious with that nonsense?I'm not gonna respond cause 90% of the posters here I sympathise with and support but guys like upstater make you wonder if the accusations on the BC and SU board don't have some merit!You know the "sense of entitlement" issue?But they would say the same if they felt threatened by anyone and I identify with our brother state school (UConn) and their board's are 90% snobbish s who still think Doug Flutie is wowing the nation(BC/SU)!

You asked for a source, I gave it to you.

Reaction Score
You are way too easily impressed. Ville was in the dumps with Kragthorpe and then had a good year last year. Even managing to lose to UConn and somehow getting walloped by Cuse. That screams middling. Your description of Kansas rings familiar to me... It's um, like Louisville. And actually, Kansas had been to Orange Bowls before, and won. They had a middling past. in a very good conference. Ville came from a bad conference where they did well (against schlocky competition) and then went through 4 years of Kragthorpe after starting well. I mean, we have people on ACC boards saying the Ville over WV is a no brainer in terms of accomplishment. Put it this way: WV is way ahead of Ville. based on performance. But yet people are getting all giddy over one season. It's nuts.

Like I said...I admitted I was wrong.

Like I said, you are too much of a to admit you are wrong (about Louisville)

In the four years immediately prior to the Kragthorpe disaster , Louisville had seasons of 12-1, 9-3, 9-4 and 11-1 including wins over #3 West Virginia, #10 Boise, #15 Miami, Kansas State, and Oregon State among others.

Really, are you that much of a to admit Louisville is well beyond being a middling program at this point....or are you just that sports illiterate?

Reaction Score
Like I said...I admitted I was wrong.

Like I said, you are too much of a to admit you are wrong (about Louisville)

In the four years immediately prior to the Kragthorpe disaster , Louisville had seasons of 12-1, 9-3, 9-4 and 11-1 including wins over #3 West Virginia, #10 Boise, #15 Miami, Kansas State, and Oregon State among others.

Really, are you that much of a to admit Louisville is well beyond being a middling program at this point....or are you just that sports illiterate?

Most on this board agree that Louisville, .500 lifetime, is middling. We're right.

Reaction Score

41% of 52k = 30,600.

I see reading comprehension was not YOUR forte.

I said the 41 percent ticket giveaway was only a one year thing (2010)....and the article even proved my point by stating the previous year 76 percent of the tickets were sold compared to 2010's 59 percent. The year after RU gave away 41 percent of tickets, they saw an increase in paid attendance which brought the percentage of giveaways back down to 2009 levels.

It's something you should be able to grasp.

But then again, if you are under the impression that all 38,000 seats at the Rent are paid for,,, and that UCONN doesn't give out tickets AT ALL, you just proved that you really do not know anything.

Reaction Score
Most on this board agree that Louisville, .500 lifetime, is middling. We're right.

No, most are asking you what you think of UCONN....if Louisville is mediocre.

That is not agreeing with you. That is pointing out your stupidity.

I'll say it again, if you think Louisville is merely middling...then you are embarrassing yourself with your lack of sports knowledge.

I think you know the answer and are just too stubborn (or stupid) to admit it.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
http://espn.go.com/blog/bigeast/post/_/id/45009/tom-jurich-is-louisvilles-mvp
Tom Jurich is Louisville's MVP

But when Maryland left for the Big Ten, Jurich had his second chance. If you know Tom Jurich, then you know he was not going to let this opportunity slip away. He started being proactive. And he ignored all the outside speculation that UConn was next in line to join the ACC. So much so, that a recent conversation about how Louisville got into the ACC went this way:

How did you outmaneuver UConn to get into the ACC?

"I didn’t outmaneuver anybody," Jurich said. "I just put our story out there."

Well, UConn was thought to be the favorite to get the spot.

"Nobody told me that," Jurich said. "So I just worried about selling Louisville. That’s all I worried about."

I think he's forgetting when he said this:
Jurich worked the people he knew. After he won, he said, "We were definitely the underdogs. People had UConn not penciled in, but penned in."

Reaction Score
No, most are asking you what you think of UCONN....if Louisville is mediocre.

That is not agreeing with you. That is pointing out your stupidity.

I'll say it again, if you think Louisville is merely middling...then you are embarrassing yourself with your lack of sports knowledge.

I think you know the answer and are just too stubborn (or stupid) to admit it.

Asked
Answered

Reaction Score
I see reading comprehension was not YOUR forte.

But then again, if you are under the impression that all 38,000 seats at the Rent are paid for,,, and that UCONN doesn't give out tickets AT ALL, you just proved that you really do not know anything.

Funny stuff. You just responded to a post in which I mentioned UConn gives away some free tickets. And you're writing about "my reading comprehension?"

Laughable.

Reaction Score
Funny stuff. You just responded to a post in which I mentioned UConn gives away some free tickets. And you're writing about "my reading comprehension?"

Laughable.

You mean the post where you say,

"Paid seating at the Rent is 38,500. During sellouts, the attendance goes to 40k because of free tix to band members and the staffers

So you are admitting that you posted that UCONN sells out each game with 38,500 paid tickets? A FULL STADIUM OF PAID TICKETS!

You admit you wrote that and believe that, right...and that you ONLY give away free tickets to get 40k when the band gets extra tickets?

So how exactly did I read your post wrong when you said you don't give out any tickets to get to stadium capacity of 38,500 (which is an outright lie)?

You really believe you sell out a 38,500 seat stadium with paid tickets?

You're good for making fun of, that's for sure.

Reaction Score
You mean the post where you say,

"Paid seating at the Rent is 38,500. During sellouts, the attendance goes to 40k because of free tix to band members and the staffers

So you are admitting that you posted that UCONN sells out each game with 38,500 paid tickets? A FULL STADIUM OF PAID TICKETS!

You admit you wrote that and believe that, right...and that you ONLY give away free tickets to get 40k when the band gets extra tickets?

So how exactly did I read your post wrong when you said you don't give out any tickets to get to stadium capacity of 38,500 (which is an outright lie)?

You really believe you sell out a 38,500 seat stadium with paid tickets?

You're good for making fun of, that's for sure.

Full stadium is 40,000. Not 38,500. 38,500 is paid.

You are definitely missing the point here.

Realize that in 2005, UConn's season average was 40,000.

Read think and then come back with your typical nonsense:

http://businessofcollegesports.com/2013/04/09/uconn-to-add-2000-temporary-seats-for-michigan-game/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom