Uconn in CR | Page 13 | The Boneyard

Uconn in CR

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The stadium seats 38,500. The 40k comes from security and concession staffing and the like.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
UConn has started to give away basketball tickets. I really haven't seen them give away a lot of football tickets. I think I saw the first ever group tickets at $5 for NCSU last year, but I've never seen them blanket the place with giveaways.

Reaction Score
UConn has started to give away basketball tickets. I really haven't seen them give away a lot of football tickets. I think I saw the first ever group tickets at $5 for NCSU last year, but I've never seen them blanket the place with giveaways.
The stadium seats 38,500. The 40k comes from security and concession staffing and the like.

What are they counting in this box score?

http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/worksheet.jsp?year=2008&game=200800000016420080913.xml

Concessions and security?

I know someone last year explain that for a sellout, the paid take is 38,500, but 40,000 are in the stadium total.

But even though 40,000 are inside the stadium, they shouldn't be counted as fans.

The box score in my link has 40,000 people.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
What are they counting in this box score?

http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/worksheet.jsp?year=2008&game=200800000016420080913.xml

Concessions and security?

I know someone last year explain that for a sellout, the paid take is 38,500, but 40,000 are in the stadium total.

But even though 40,000 are inside the stadium, they shouldn't be counted as fans.

The box score in my link has 40,000 people.

Yes they can sell 38,500 tickets because that is how many seats they have. They publish 40,000 which must include everyone from the cheerleaders to the state cops to the referees.

Published attendance is tickets distributed plus 1,500.

Reaction Score
Full stadium is 40,000. Not 38,500. 38,500 is paid.

You are definitely missing the point here.

Realize that in 2005, UConn's season average was 40,000.

Read think and then come back with your typical nonsense:

http://businessofcollegesports.com/2013/04/09/uconn-to-add-2000-temporary-seats-for-michigan-game/[/quote]

You're wrong twice. first because you don't even know the official capacity of your own stadium...and secondly for thinking that UCONN actually has 38,500 paid seats. You really think UCONN doesn't give ANY tickets away to get to 38,500 don't you?

I know your program better than you do.

Your turn to read, think, then respond that you were once again incorrect.
I accept your apology.

pj

Reaction Score
UConn might be the #70 football program in the country right now -- but it lacks a dynamic coach or marketing staff and could easily move up to #50 with a few changes.

Louisville might be the #40 football program in the country right now -- but it benefits from a strong coach, strong AD, and a few key players (Bridgewater). It could easily fall back in people's estimation.

The difference between #40 and #7o is much smaller than the difference between #10 and #40. The #70 program can easily go 4--4 against the #40 program in an 8-year stretch.

Both UConn and Lousville are "middling" programs.

Think of it this way: If UConn were in the ACC with Louisville, and they took bets on who would have the better football team in 2025, wouldn't every knowledgeable person rate it a tossup? Louisville's only advantage over UConn that might last past the tenure of existing personalities is its advantageous conference affiliation. And that advantage is only 6 months old.

Reaction Score
UConn might be the #70 football program in the country right now -- but it lacks a dynamic coach or marketing staff and could easily move up to #50 with a few changes.

Louisville might be the #40 football program in the country right now -- but it benefits from a strong coach, strong AD, and a few key players (Bridgewater). It could easily fall back in people's estimation.

The difference between #40 and #7o is much smaller than the difference between #10 and #40. The #70 program can easily go 4--4 against the #40 program in an 8-year stretch.

Think of it this way: If UConn were in the ACC with Louisville, and they took bets on who would have the better football team in 2025, wouldn't every knowledgeable person rate it a tossup? Louisville's only advantage over UConn that might last past the tenure of existing personalities is its advantageous conference affiliation. And that advantage is only 6 months old.

I agree with most of your points but I think UConn has a real disadvantage when it comes to recruiting.

Admittedly there are more 'value' in NE recruits because it's not as well scouted than the rest of the US but there is a lot more FB talent in the states surrounding Kentucky and you can see that on recruiting rankings year in, year out.

That's not to say that UConn can't recruit those states successfully (and they have, judging from UConn's success in the NFL draft the past few years), but they will have to work harder at it than a school like Louisville.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

I guess if you say they are both middling enough times you think you've convinced someone?

In your hypothetical no one outside of the Boneyard would take UConn.

Reaction Score
I agree with most of your points but I think UConn has a real disadvantage when it comes to recruiting.

Admittedly there are more 'value' in NE recruits because it's not as well scouted than the rest of the US but there is a lot more FB talent in the states surrounding Kentucky and you can see that on recruiting rankings year in, year out.

That's not to say that UConn can't recruit those states successfully (and they have, judging from UConn's success in the NFL draft the past few years), but they will have to work harder at it than a school like Louisville.

I agree that being closer to the south helps Ville, and I don't think the chances favor UConn catching up to Ville, especially now in the AAC, BUT UConn's performance on the field has not been an issue of lack of talent. Whatever has happened in the last couple years has coincided with many talented players passing through UConn. Year after year it sends kids to the pros and produces more All BE players than almost anyone (ex. WVa and maybe Rutgers). In other words, if UConn can continue to identify talent as it has in the past, it can combine it with good coaching and move up that ladder. That's a big "if" but so far, in its 10 years, UConn has proved there's enough talent up here to compete at Ville's level or better.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I thought I'd never say this but his posts are harder to read and understand than HFD's

They read the same to me these days thanks to "ignore".

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
I agree that being closer to the south helps Ville, and I don't think the chances favor UConn catching up to Ville, especially now in the AAC, BUT UConn's performance on the field has not been an issue of lack of talent. Whatever has happened in the last couple years has coincided with many talented players passing through UConn. Year after year it sends kids to the pros and produces more All BE players than almost anyone (i.e. WVa). In other words, if UConn can continue to identify talent as it has in the past, it can combine it with good coaching and move up that ladder. That's a big "if" but so far, in its 10 years, UConn has proved there's enough talent up here to compete at Ville's level or better.

This.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Ville has had higher FB highs and lower lows. People mostly remember the highs, except for Rutgers.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

pj

Reaction Score
I guess if you say they are both middling enough times you think you've convinced someone?

In your hypothetical no one outside of the Boneyard would take UConn.

I didn't say anyone would take UConn over Louisville - quite the opposite, I rated UConn around #70 in football and Ville as #40, so obviously I wouldn't take UConn either.

But if you have only three classifications -- top football programs, middling programs, and bottom feeders -- is there anyone not from Louisville who would place Ville in the top group? Once you start a group with Alabama, LSU, Florida, Texas, Notre Dame, Michigan, Ohio State, and USC it's hard to take seriously a community college who was in CUSA until a few years ago whose feather in their cap is that they've had two BCS appearances. Most people would want them to sustain their success beyond a few years and one coach before anointing them a top program.

Reaction Score
I didn't say anyone would take UConn over Louisville - quite the opposite, I rated UConn around #70 in football and Ville as #40, so obviously I wouldn't take UConn either.

But if you have only three classifications -- top football programs, middling programs, and bottom feeders -- is there anyone not from Louisville who would place Ville in the top group? Once you start a group with Alabama, LSU, Florida, Texas, Notre Dame, Michigan, Ohio State, and USC it's hard to take seriously a community college who was in CUSA until a few years ago whose feather in their cap is that they've had two BCS appearances. Most people would want them to sustain their success beyond a few years and one coach before anointing them a top program.

I listed about 35 schools above the middling range. It's not hard to do. You're right.

Even in the ACC (which is not a strong football conference at all, the old BE was stronger) they are middling. I'd put UNC, Miami, FSU, Clemson, Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech, maybe Virginia and NC State ahead of them. Pitt and Cuse are below but historically ahead. WF, BC and Duke are definitely below. I'd put 7 of the 14 ACC teams ahead of them.

Reaction Score
Ville has had higher FB highs and lower lows. People mostly remember the highs, except for Rutgers.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

@Yeah,being good every year has its pitfall's like not getting too high or low!Good observation!But I like getting to bowl games yearly rather than one year in and one year out! What's it been outside of the Erik LeGrande debacle year(11?) 7 bowls in a row?

Reaction Score
Well then its not seven in a row if you missed a year now is it?

pj

Reaction Score
Rutgers is going to surprise in the B1G, I think. They'll probably match Penn State.

Reaction Score
Rutgers is going to surprise in the B1G, I think. They'll probably match Penn State.

@I agree but I don't get some of these naysayers?I really think even the MBB team is gonna step it up!?!RU is just "situated" for success!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom