UConn Hockey 2013-2014 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn Hockey 2013-2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Why the sarcastic response to a serious allegation? This lawsuit brings to light what may be a systemic issue that clearly needs to be addressed.

Sting - Agree all the allegations that have arisen @ UConn are serious.

More directed at last sentence of the post it was in response to ("The last thing we need is poor press, especially from a non-revenue program that will do nothing but suck money from programs that deserve the money."). It shouldn't matter what sport/athletic team it involves.

Reaction Score
Pretty important series starts tonight. Robert Morris is struggling this year, but one problem UConn has had over the years is just when you think they are about to take the next step, they lose a series like this one at home. Taking 4 points this weekend would be a huge step, not only because they have a tough trip coming up to Mercyhurst next week, but because it would reflect a change in the old culture.

Reaction Score
Pretty important series starts tonight. Robert Morris is struggling this year, but one problem UConn has had over the years is just when you think they are about to take the next step, they lose a series like this one at home. Taking 4 points this weekend would be a huge step, not only because they have a tough trip coming up to Mercyhurst next week, but because it would reflect a change in the old culture.

That statement is right on the money. I've long noticed the trend for the men's ice hockey team to drop games to lesser teams right when you think they might be hitting their stride. I'm inclined to think that the start of the introduction of scholarships this year might help to alleviate that problem, at least on the Atlantic Hockey level.

Whatever, the case, UConn is up 4-0 after two periods in tonight's game against Robert Morris.

Reaction Score
it has been a good game tonight (listening to it online)...they have made the most of their opportunities. Billy Latta with a hat trick...Robert Morris just scored to break Grogan's shutout..5-1 UCONN

Reaction Score
it has been a good game tonight (listening to it online)...they have made the most of their opportunities. Billy Latta with a hat trick...Robert Morris just scored to break Grogan's shutout..5-1 UCONN

Nice win...

Reaction Score
Friday was disappointing. Sounded like they came out expecting RMU to just lie down. So Big series this weekend at first place Mercyhurst. This will be a real test I think. Gotta get some points.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
HUGE game tonight...down 3-0 in the 2nd period UCONN scores 2 goals in the second (1ppg) and a PPG by Billy Latta at 17:07 in the 3rd ties it up. There was a 40 min delay to replace a piece of glass before the last 2 plus minutes of the game could be played. Game ends in a tie.....so we go into the house if the number 1 team in the league and come away with 2 points out of 2... coming back tonight from a 3 goal deficit with 2 pp goals. HUGE weekend for this team in my estimation!!!

Reaction Score
HUGE game tonight...down 3-0 in the 2nd period UCONN scores 2 goals in the second (1ppg) and a PPG by Billy Latta at 17:07 in the 3rd ties it up. There was a 40 min delay to replace a piece of glass before the last 2 plus minutes of the game could be played. Game ends in a tie.....so we go into the house if the number 1 team in the league and come away with 2 points out of 2... coming back tonight from a 3 goal deficit with 2 pp goals. HUGE weekend for this team in my estimation!!!
I have mixed emotions on this one. Great to get two points. Great to come back from 2 down then 3 down to get ties both nights on the road. But so close to winning both games, especially Saturday, it is frustrating! Oh well, AIC this weekend home and home.

Reaction Score
Good to see another positive write-up. Now they need to be focused Friday and Saturday against AIC. They seem to have trouble with these kind of games. They have losses to both Sacred Heart and Robert Morris. In both cases they didn't really play well.

Reaction Score
Good win against AIC (3-2..2 PPG) last night in Springfield. They play them at home tonight. Robert Morris beat Air Force 3-1 last night so UCONN and Air Force are now tied at 21 points for 3rd place behind Mercyhurst (27 pts) and Bentley (23 pts). Robert Morris is right behind them with 17 points. Air Force plays Robert Morris again tonight. UCONN is in control of it's own destiny starting next weekend; they play 2 at Air Force, a home and home vs Bentley; at Providence; then finish the season with a home and home against Holy Cross. If they can take 4 from Air Force and Bentley it will provide some seperation in the AHA standings heading into the series against Holy Cross. Going 5-1 or 6-0 against those 3 teams will put us in a GREAT position.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
On the road for Air Force next week. That will be a tough series. Falcons are always good and better at home. Great to get two wins this weekend. I was concerned that they would have a problem with AIC. The other thing that's good is UConn appears to have 2 goalies. Over the years that has never been a luxury they could afford. Last year Grogan stepped up when Bartus struggled, but that was somewhat unusual. This year Grogan is still playing well but the Freshman has looked very good too.

Reaction Score
Great interview with Mike Cavanaugh, I think it's already clear WM made a great choice with this hire and I can't wait to see where he takes UConn hockey in the next 3-5 years.

Reaction Score
Hockey is kicking butt. Is this their best year ever in the AHA?

We won't be the worst team in Hockey East, no way.

Reaction Score
We need 2 more points tonight hands down. Here are the standings:
Mercyhurst 28
Bentley 26
UCONN. 25
Air Force. 21
Robert Morris 21

We have a home/home set with Bentley next weekend, get a conf break away at PC, then finish with a home/home with Holy Cross. We hold our own destiny...and we started that road strong last night. Now this team needs to keep their foot on the gas!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom