UConn hires Raphael Chillious | Page 4 | The Boneyard

UConn hires Raphael Chillious

Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Let's pretend he's responsible for fultz and Porter picking Washington. What other big fish has he landed? I have a hard time believe someone of that caliber would get fired from Washington and end up here.
Moreso the fact Romar got fired. Nearly always the whole staff goes. And yeah what more has this guy done besides get two #1 overall picks in the last two years?

Don't focus on just the top 5 guys.

Chillious has also been influential in reigning in highly ranked recruiting class in 2010, 2011, 2015 and 2016. He was key in the signing of Washington’s No. 7 class in 2015. Spent a year at Villanova as part of Jay Wright’s staff during the 2012-13 season.

Washington poached him back back with the Associate HC designation, because they were worried about their recruiting.

Reaction Score
He is a great recruiter. Washington's problem was that they were too talented leading to guys leaving early. Most recently Fultz, year before was Chriss and Murray.

Reaction Score
Some fans are idiots. We won titles on the backs of some west coast guys.

Besides, this guys got a lot of East Coast roots.

Honest question, who were the west coast guys on the NC teams? You may have a Valid point, but if so, I am not remembering them. Peace.

DALTX

People better get us now ... because it's coming
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
"Mamoudou Diarra ... said he chose the Huskies after "watching the Huskies this past season and having a good relationship with Coach Chillious."

"With all of the talent that the Huskies are bringing in, Mamoudou Diarra, who played for the Gateway on the Adidas Gauntlet circuit, plans on bringing the Huskies "a different dimension. "
Surely we can't have 2 Mama(o)dou Diarras on the same team right?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Honest question, who were the west coast guys on the NC teams? You may have a Valid point, but if so, I am not remembering them. Peace.

Most recently, DeAndre Daniels.

Reaction Score
"Mamoudou Diarra ... said he chose the Huskies after "watching the Huskies this past season and having a good relationship with Coach Chillious."

"With all of the talent that the Huskies are bringing in, Mamoudou Diarra, who played for the Gateway on the Adidas Gauntlet circuit, plans on bringing the Huskies "a different dimension. "

i need two Mamoudou Diarra's like i need air to breathe

Reaction Score
Said Chillious: “It’s going to sound cliché, but the thing that made UConn attractive to me is UConn — one of the best brand names in college basketball, four national championships. Historically, UConn recruits high-level student-athletes and produces big-time pros.

“Then, obviously, there is Kevin Ollie with his passion for UConn basketball and passion in general and his vision for this program — winning championships. I’ve had a relationship with KO since 1996, so it’s not like I’m coming to work for somebody I don’t know.”

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Maybe, just maybe, the staff knows something we don't and Chillious is bringing with him either transfers or recommits from Washington
Chillious wouldn't jump onto a sinking ship. I think in the long run this will end up being a good week.

That said, the short-term pain of these transfers is tough.

Reaction Score
In addition to all the obvious recruiting benefits, Benedict hired Chillious as an assistant with the long term view in mind... if Ollie doesn't end up working out for us, he's a strong HC candidate. Chillious knows this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom