UConn hires Raphael Chillious | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn hires Raphael Chillious

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
We got one of the best recruiters in the nation, the type of guy we should have gotten over a decade ago but stick with your sarcasm.
Let's pretend he's responsible for fultz and Porter picking Washington. What other big fish has he landed? I have a hard time believe someone of that caliber would get fired from Washington and end up here.

Reaction Score
Let's pretend he's responsible for fultz and Porter picking Washington. What other big fish has he landed? I have a hard time believe someone of that caliber would get fired from Washington and end up here.
Moreso the fact Romar got fired. Nearly always the whole staff goes. And yeah what more has this guy done besides get two #1 overall picks in the last two years?

Reaction Score
the entire staff was let go....

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
According to some people here, if you're personable and connected like Chillious, then you must be a terrible basketball coach.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

Come on, you're going with the old Groucho Marx "I don't want to belong to any club that will accept me as a member" line of thinking? Have some Husky pride for god's sake.

It's a good hire. He has a good eye for talent and he reels it in.

He's not going to be the miracle cure as far as development, but he's a good get whether you want to admit it or not.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Come on, you're going with the old Groucho Marx "I don't want to belong to any club that will accept me as a member" line of thinking? Have some Husky pride for god's sake.

It's a good hire. He has a good eye for talent and he reels it in.

He's not going to be the miracle cure as far as development, but he's a good get whether you want to admit it or not.
He is a good hire, just pointing out we still need a bigs coach, and this news comes after some fans want nothing to do with west coast recruiting anymore.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Wrong. The house cleaning was necessary. The trajectory was always positive.

We don't have enough players. On top of that, we don't really have the luxury of having two crappy seasons in a row. The rest of the world already thinks we're dead as a program. More defections is not a good thing.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
He is a good hire, just pointing out we still need a bigs coach, and this news comes after some fans want nothing to do with west coast recruiting anymore.

We do need someone to coach up our bigs.

As for recruiting, his real connections are on the East Coast. (Now, I guess, he's bicoastal.)

Reaction Score
Assuming we are able to land a couple UW transfers, will be they be eligible to play next season or would they have to sit out?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
We don't have enough players. On top of that, we don't really have the luxury of having two crappy seasons in a row. The rest of the world already thinks we're dead as a program. More defections is not a good thing.
So how about waiting until we see what Chillious can bring in. There are decent players from Indiana and Washington who may be leaving because of coaching changes. The world is in a temporary funk but not necessarily a permanent one.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
upload_2017-3-28_17-53-19.jpeg

Do you...feel the glow?

Reaction Score
Assuming we are able to land a couple UW transfers, will be they be eligible to play next season or would they have to sit out?
Verbal commits can play next year (because they aren't really committed). I believe recruits that signed a letter of intent can be released by UW and play next year. Current team members have to sit a year unless they are graduates that have a year of eligibility left.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
If he lands Davis, Dickerson, and some future number 1 pick:)D), I'll concede he is the greatest assistant coach ever. We really need the first two names I mentioned.

Reaction Score
With Killings and RC onboard as experienced recruiters and guard coaches, I think think the staff would really be at full strength if they traded Ricky in for a known bigs coach. No offense to Ricky, but what does he bring to the table that RC and Killings don't already bring, but with more experience? We all know we need a big man coach, and so do recruits. Not trying to stir things up, I loved Ricky as a player. Just thinking about what's best for the team. That would be a well balanced staff.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
So how about waiting until we see what Chillious can bring in. There are decent players from Indiana and Washington who may be leaving because of coaching changes. The world is in a temporary funk but not necessarily a permanent one.

Bring in to play next year? A transfer won't cut it. Maybe if the schools release kids from their commitments. I'm staying positive here, as best I can. Think this is a very good hire. Hoping for more good news.

Reaction Score
Hopefully he can start by recruiting Juwan and the other guys that haven't announced they're transferring, and maybe Enoch. Vance has been gone for a while. Sometimes the best recruiting is righting the ship internally.

Reaction Score
Correx
Verbal commits can play next year (because they aren't really committed). I believe recruits that signed a letter of intent can be released by UW and play next year. Current team members have to sit a year unless they are graduates that have a year of eligibility left.

Correct on all accounts. Now if we can grab one of those De-committed recruits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom