UConn has all the goods to go all the way | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn has all the goods to go all the way

Status
Not open for further replies.

pj

Reaction Score
Like Scrappy's optimism.. No mention of defense?? My Two Cents.. And to be extremely precise..I am a UConn Men's BB fan of over 55 yrs.. Pre-Calhoun days.. Have enjoyed the Ride.. I think Yarders are objective enough for this topic..Here goes..I will be very interested to observe/watch DH's end- of- game coaching skills now that he has the talent on the floor/bench that he has been looking for. Can he go toe-to-toe with Izzo/Coach K/Cal/Jay W/NBE coaches and get the win in crunch time?? I know its about player execution/performance.. Coaching helps.. JC was out-coached early in his UConn career by his BE coaching opponents.. He evolved into a great in-game coach and a HOFer.. DH checks many of the boxes already..Will be curious to see if he can match the talent he will have on the floor by outcoaching his BE coaches.. Believe its his last primary hurdle to NCs.. Like his chances. .Let the Bustin' begin !!.

Perimeter defense, 3 point shooting, team chemistry ... those are the main questions for me ... we'll see but I'm very optimistic, although not national championship optimistic, especially in a shortened season -- this team will need time together.

Reaction Score
We have great seniors
We have size
We have great 3 point shooting
We have two great pgs
We have atleast 1 star player if not 3-4
We can sustain injury
We have excellent length and team athletism

Yes, you'll have a great women's team, as usual, but what about the men?

Reaction Score
andre jackson is gonna be bouknight 2.0

he just looks like he’s built for D1/NBA

Reaction Score
If uconn stays healthy, we can be very very good.
if uconn stays healthy, there’s also not enough minutes to go around for good players to get in a groove and for the team to have great chemistry.
It’s not an accident that the team found their groove last season when injuries shortened the rotation. It’s a very common thing. Hurley will have to manage this well. Having some blowout wins will help.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I feel like the mojo demands a response to the unbridled optimism in this thread but it is only a Scrappy thread, so let’s go with…

807691F6-E55D-411B-9E25-EB67916CFEEC.jpeg

BoukofJames

“Business. Always business.”
Reaction Score
On today’s episode of Pardon My Take, Mark Titus picked UConn as his dark horse national championship contender

Reaction Score
We got all the goods. Over the season it will be special to watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member