UConn has all the goods to go all the way | The Boneyard

UConn has all the goods to go all the way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Well...this is the best team we’ve had since 2016. We look good on paper, but you still have to translate that into winning games. We had a lot of talent in 2010 and 2012, but those teams under performed, and there were obviously years where we didnt expect much, but they ended up being very successful. This is going to be a fluky year no matter what. Games may get PPD, or players/coaches may be quarantined due to Covid at a moments notice. There are no “true” road games, and at the same time there are no “true” home games either because places like Cameron, Allen Fieldhouse, or Gampel won’t be too intimidating without that emotion from the fans. I wonder if schools are going to pump crowd noise into the arenas for the effect like what other sports have done?

Im trying to be optimistic about this season given the circumstances. I hope we can make it until March without the entire sport being shut down. Im really going to miss being at Gampel and XL for big games. My crazy optimism is that we have some miraculous turn around and the vaccine distribution goes quickly and smoothly, and by March we can have the Big East Tournament at Madison Square Garden with fans. If that happens, I feel bad for every other team because UConn fans will be showing up to MSG with a lot of built up energy from not attending games all season. That place will be so loud, the roof may blow off.

Reaction Score
6D4DDFDF-EDED-48CC-9233-FCE8E494D76B.png

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Well...this is the best team we’ve had since 2016. We look good on paper, but you still have to translate that into winning games. We had a lot of talent in 2010 and 2012, but those teams under performed, and there were obviously years where we didnt expect much, but they ended up being very successful. This is going to be a fluky year no matter what. Games may get PPD, or players/coaches may be quarantined due to Covid at a moments notice. There are no “true” road games, and at the same time there are no “true” home games either because places like Cameron, Allen Fieldhouse, or Gampel won’t be too intimidating without that emotion from the fans. I wonder if schools are going to pump crowd noise into the arenas for the effect like what other sports have done?

Im trying to be optimistic about this season given the circumstances. I hope we can make it until March without the entire sport being shut down. Im really going to miss being at Gampel and XL for big games. My crazy optimism is that we have some miraculous turn around and the vaccine distribution goes quickly and smoothly, and by March we can have the Big East Tournament at Madison Square Garden with fans. If that happens, I feel bad for every other team because UConn fans will be showing up to MSG with a lot of built up energy from not attending games all season. That place will be so loud, the roof may blow off.
Not to derail this thread but a vaccine by March in no way means 20,000 people at a bball game in March

Reaction Score
We have great seniors
We have size
We have great 3 point shooting
We have two great pgs
We have atleast 1 star player if not 3-4
We can sustain injury
We have excellent length and team athletism
Being unbiased has never been part of Scrappy's DNA

Reaction Score
You forgot to mention our lottery pick, Polley
I said it 2 years ago—Tyler Polley is a first rd nba pick. It’s very hard to find a 3-d 6-9 player who can honestly shoot it at 40% or better. If it’s the Polley of his last game where he grabbed 11 boards/ w good d and some driving to the rack to diversify— that guy is a current nba player. Right now I have Bouknight as the star. But we have potentially 3-4 stars with good depth. The only trouble I see with this team is minutes distribution.

Reaction Score
With Akok likely sidelined until BE play I’m interested to see how Sanogo and Springs use their time.

Reaction Score
We have great seniors
We have size
We have great 3 point shooting
We have two great pgs
We have atleast 1 star player if not 3-4
We can sustain injury
We have excellent length and team athletism

I see we read the same paper. Just saying.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Whenever I think we have a chance to win it all, I bet on us to win it all. I haven't made that bet since 2014. I made it this year. OP is right. It's a down year in college hoops and an odd year overall - anything's possible and we have a coach/lineup.

Reaction Score
Like Scrappy's optimism.. No mention of defense?? My Two Cents.. And to be extremely precise..I am a UConn Men's BB fan of over 55 yrs.. Pre-Calhoun days.. Have enjoyed the Ride.. I think Yarders are objective enough for this topic..Here goes..I will be very interested to observe/watch DH's end- of- game coaching skills now that he has the talent on the floor/bench that he has been looking for. Can he go toe-to-toe with Izzo/Coach K/Cal/Jay W/NBE coaches and get the win in crunch time?? I know its about player execution/performance.. Coaching helps.. JC was out-coached early in his UConn career by his BE coaching opponents.. He evolved into a great in-game coach and a HOFer.. DH checks many of the boxes already..Will be curious to see if he can match the talent he will have on the floor by outcoaching his BE coaches.. Believe its his last primary hurdle to NCs.. Like his chances. .Let the Bustin' begin !!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom