UConn - Gonzaga H&H starting 2023 (Seattle & MSG) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn - Gonzaga H&H starting 2023 (Seattle & MSG)

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Kinda wish the return game was in Boston like in the mid-2000s series but will never say no to an MSG game. I do agree though it's a shame that these "big" games are seemingly never coming back to campus (or even Hartford). Really disappointing. Getting to the point where having season tickets is useless, just buy tickets to the 1-2 good BE games.
Boston? No thanks. I was at that 07 game. Boston does nothing for us.

Reaction Score
People calling this a road game but technically this is another neutral site correct?

Reaction Score
there's always been an element of taking the season ticket holders for granted (not just in basketball) despite who's in charge of the athletic department.
I agree, a good OOC line-up but zero for the season ticket holders at XL and Gampel. I understand MSG exposure, TV, and recruiting. However, not to put a season ticket holder filter on when scheduling, continues to be frustrating. When season ticket/seat donation prices continue to escalate, the value they deliver becomes even more essential.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Game should be played at XL or Gampel. No reason to be at MSG.

Can’t wait for Long Island at Gampel this year.
There a many valid reasons to play at MSG but there also should be marquee, non conference games at Gampel and XL.

Reaction Score
So MSG isn’t our 3rd home anymore? That’s a home game imo. I think the days of true home and homes are coming to an end. We do have Kansas next season

Reaction Score
Cool game but a home game would be fun. Could be misremembering but between Hurley year one through last season I think we have only played Arizona at XL and Florida and OSU at Gampel with no home games scheduled for this year or next.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Whoever negotiated this needs to be replaced. The home game should be at XL. It’s great we are playing Gonzaga but not at home? What kind of weak sauce is that? We have the leverage, not Gonzaga. We have championships and the Big East. They have coulda shoulda and the WCC. Scheduler got outplayed again.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
OOC schedule currently is:

2 away
3 MSG
0 home

They can schedule 6 more games OOC. I assume at least 5 will be cupcakes. Need 1, just 1, good team OOC part of the season ticket package in Connecticut.
2 big home games and the schedule is perfect as long as we avoid the sub-300 dregs.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Unfortunately coaches are becoming very soft about true road games OOC nowadays. This is nice, but hopefully there’s something coming in CT.

Sick Puppy

Remember, you wanted this.
Reaction Score
Good. We can beat the tar out of them every year for threatening our first NC.

Reaction Score
The 2024-25 OOC schedule is shaping up nice right now too. 3 games in Maui and a "home" game against Gonzaga

Reaction Score
People calling this a road game but technically this is another neutral site correct?
It's possible that we will control the tickets and staff and not split revenue evenly, which makes it a home game. Similar to how the Big Ten has been doing conference home games at MSG.

444JR

The Brand is Strong
Reaction Score
The 2024-25 OOC schedule is shaping up nice right now too. 3 games in Maui and a "home" game against Gonzaga
Kansas too, no?

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Im curious what the logos on the court will be? It’s not like MSG or Climate Pledge Arena is going to put either teams logos at center court. They’ll probably make up some stupid name for these games.

BTW- I attended the Coldplay grand opening of Climate Pledge Arena in Seattle. It’s a real state-of-the-art venue. The first net zero carbon arena in the world. They have that Amazon Just Walk Out technology where you just swipe your credit card before entering a shop and can take whatever you want and walk out and it tracks what you took and charges you.

Reaction Score
So MSG isn’t our 3rd home anymore? That’s a home game imo. I think the days of true home and homes are coming to an end. We do have Kansas next season
If our AD wants to start including MSG games in our season ticket packages, fine. But until then, they need to give us some home games. I'm not paying $1500 a year for XL/Gampel and then another $1000 to go to MSG 3 separate times.

Reaction Score
If our AD wants to start including MSG games in our season ticket packages, fine. But until then, they need to give us some home games. I'm not paying $1500 a year for XL/Gampel and then another $1000 to go to MSG 3 separate times.
If they included MSG into your season ticket package the price would jump from $1500 to $2500 or more.

Reaction Score
I understand wanting P5 home games but the MSG game is next year and there is plenty of time to schedule something next year. As for this year... does anyone know the status of the Gavitt Games?

Reaction Score
I understand wanting P5 home games but the MSG game is next year and there is plenty of time to schedule something next year. As for this year... does anyone know the status of the Gavitt Games?
Matchups will supposedly be announced in the next few weeks, UConn will not be in it though

Reaction Score
Whoever negotiated this needs to be replaced. The home game should be at XL. It’s great we are playing Gonzaga but not at home? What kind of weak sauce is that? We have the leverage, not Gonzaga. We have championships and the Big East. They have coulda shoulda and the WCC. Scheduler got outplayed again.
They're both neutral court games. Gonzaga to Seattle is a 4.5 hour drive.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom