UConn - Gonzaga H&H starting 2023 (Seattle & MSG) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

UConn - Gonzaga H&H starting 2023 (Seattle & MSG)

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Let’s see what everyone says when we are .500 at the beginning of conference play.
If we are .500 at the beginning of conference play, we suck. It is what it is.

444JR

The Brand is Strong
Reaction Score
No. I’m serious.

Different MTE groups offering different NIL incentives. It was really almost a Chicago-based thing.
Oh wow! I stand corrected. My mistake

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
Stewart hasn't even put on a uniform yet. Why do people think this was arranged in part for his sake?

C'mon guys.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
That's just such a slap in the face to season ticket holders...Coming off a national championship and we can't even get 1 freaking high profile OOC game? Garbage. There is zero excuse for that

In another thread you say jumping conferences is all about money.

Playing Gonzaga at msg is all about money.

Last edited:

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
You don’t know what you’re talking about
Please enlighten me.

Are we setting up a game for this year for Ball and Castle as well. Castle is a McDs AA. Are we going to Georgia?

Those games get scheduled for guys who have showed up and done something. Emeka, Ray, and Donyell come to mind.

We're playing these games for a lot of reasons. A "home" game for Jaylen Stewart isn't one of them.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
In another thread you say jumping conferences is all about money.

Playing Gonzaga at msg is all about money.
Playing 1 game at MSG isn’t the same as a $50M/yr TV deal.

Reaction Score
Please enlighten me.

Are we setting up a game for this year for Ball and Castle as well. Castle is a McDs AA. Are we going to Georgia?

Those games get scheduled for guys who have showed up and done something. Emeka, Ray, and Donyell come to mind.

We're playing these games for a lot of reasons. A "home" game for Jaylen Stewart isn't one of them.
We do seem to have a lot of games scheduled near Clingan’s hometown these days.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Please enlighten me.

Considering castle’s mom already said she’s getting a condo in ct and they have a bunch of family in ny, I’m guessing it won’t be that difficult for family to see him play.

Stewart’s family is all the way across the country in a region we don’t typically get players from and there’s a hoops powerhouse there. If you don’t think we mentioned we’d try to get games out there and that he wasnt part of the thought process when this was set up, you’re out of your mind.

Ball is from Maryland. We play in dc every year and it’s driving distance.

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
Considering castle’s mom already said she’s getting a condo in ct and they have a bunch of family in ny, I’m guessing it won’t be that difficult for family to see him play.

Stewart’s family is all the way across the country in a region we don’t typically get players from and there’s a hoops powerhouse there. If you don’t think we mentioned we’d try to get games out there and that he wasnt part of the thought process when this was set up, you’re out of your mind.

Ball is from Maryland. We play in dc every year and it’s driving distance.
I don't know what I'm talking about and I'm out of my mind. Got it

Have a great evening.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Playing 1 game at MSG isn’t the same as a $50M/yr TV deal.
No, but it's for the same reason. How many games would the tv deal cover?
You play Gonzaga at MSG and in Seattle to show that you can schedule that game, like KU, Duke and Kentucky. Hopefully the TV ratings will show that we are a major draw. The game brings in a little $ now, and hopefully positions us better for the future. We also look more appealing to recruits. Anybody being recruited knows they get Gonzaga at MSG on national TV.

There is no downside to this. I don't think it was done for Stewart, that's a bonus.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
It’s absurd that we are playing this at MSG. Do what I did and email the athletic department and complain. This does nothing for a home court advantage and it’s disrespectful to season ticket holders, students, and those of us that attend games regularly. How many times a year do they expect us to go to MSG like it’s a normal trip to XL or Gampel? This fan base is ready for big time non-conference action in OUR arena.

EMAIL and COMPLAIN!!!

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
This is getting ridiculous. They gotta play some ooc games in Connecticut. The players, students and fans deserve a big OOC game at home. Especially after a championship season.
It’s officially ridiculous. I agree. You want to see Gampel shake? Let’s bury Gonzaga in Storrs. Want to see the XL the loudest it’s ever been? Let’s dunk all over Gonzaga there. We’ve been asking for these games for years and they ask us to go MSG how many times a year now?

Reaction Score
Wow. Thanks for setting me straight. I'll check with you before I ever post again.

I’m sure he already blocked you. I’m in the #block club as well

Reaction Score
Didn’t we play Zaga in Boston (07-08) and Seattle (08-09)? I assume that was a similar deal as this one but could be mistaken.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom