UConn game(s) you watch multiple times (almost addictively) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn game(s) you watch multiple times (almost addictively)

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
2009 vs Michigan St. just so I can support the fact that the final four banner matters and Jerome would’ve got us another championship.
Dyson was playing extremely well earlier that year, especially on defense. One of the best competitors to ever play at Uconn.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
I’m with Kitaman on 99’ and 14’. I also like to watch the 04’ FF game against Duke and Kemba’s run in the Big East tournament, particularly the step back jumper against Pitt.
I watch the final 4 minutes of the '04 FF game at least once a week.

Reaction Score
Go back and watch the Uconn vs Kentucky Maui Final from 2010. It was the beginning of the Kemba Walker season, and you can see the potential of this team, and the greatness of Kemba. Also Oriankhi is incredible.

Particularly watch the 1st half (and the half time commentary). Uconn destroys Kentucky!

This never gets old.

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score

I don't even watch the whole game. This one minute video is undefeated in inspiring me.

BTW, S/O to @Wordbomar for mentioning UConn-Tulsa 2015. I can't imagine what sequence of life events would lead you to list that game - of all the amazing games the program has seen - as one you watch "almost addictively." Did you bet the mortgage on the under?

UConn Men's Basketball vs. Tulsa Highlights

Start at 2:52

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I taped the 1990 BET semis and finals on one VHS cassette and used to watch that every season for years.

Reaction Score
I have watched the '99 title game so many times I practically know every word Billy Packer is going to say. The 2011 run was insane especially the two games out west vs San Diego State and Arizona. Ditto for 2014...... All six games are worth watching, from Brimah's and 1, the entire Nova game, Mich State was a classic, the 11-0 run in 1:30 mins, etc, etc. Just incredible basketball. The 04 semifinal vs Duke was equally great.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
2009 vs Michigan St. just so I can support the fact that the final four banner matters and Jerome would’ve got us another championship.

I will never watch that choke job again.

Once was enough.

The bigs let a guy who was playing so bad his slump was national news just absolutely handled them.

Reaction Score
2004 vs Duke in Final Four
2010 vs Texas in Gampel
2011 Maui Tournament
2011 vs Villanova in Gampel
2011 vs Georgetown in XL
2011 BET
2011 NCAAT
2014 vs Michigan St in Elite 8
2014 vs Florida in Final Four
2014 vs Kentucky in Championship

Last edited:

the Q

Reaction Score
The 99 title game wasn’t as crisp as I remembered it, but man you can’t beat that ending.

Still surprised they actually got Langdon for that travel.

Reaction Score

I don't even watch the whole game. This one minute video is undefeated in inspiring me.

BTW, S/O to @Wordbomar for mentioning UConn-Tulsa 2015. I can't imagine what sequence of life events would lead you to list that game - of all the amazing games the program has seen - as one you watch "almost addictively." Did you bet the mortgage on the under?

WOW...smdh.

What a memory. Hope to experience that again before I...

Reaction Score
Been watching for 30 sum years. Lots of great games. Like watching clips of many.
But the only games for which I watch extended play is the 2014 team. Not sure why, but there was something about that team. The were dominant in a just-a-bit-ahead-of-you kind of way. Every shot seemed huge. Every game seemed to be a battle in which we would just outlast the opponent, and, when it was over, you'd think, yeah, we had 'em.
I don't watch St. Joe's, except for Brimah's transcendent moment. I still can't take the stress of that game coming down to the wire.
Every other game was an absolute blast to watch.
I watched those games at the bar that I eventually bought, with a young pup who was an N.Carolina fan who yelled "Jiffy-Lube!" every time Giffey hit a 3.

Beating Villanova and Iowa solidly, if not convincingly.
Seeming to be getting better with each game.
Beating Michigan State to break their FF senior streak. Coming back on Florida and then, down the stretch, having Kerr or Anthony say, "UConn is just the better team."
Then the Kentucky game, with all their talent. In the 2nd half, EVERY play seemed critical. Kentucky was like a dire wolf snapping at our ankles as we ran toward the finish line. Just incredible.

I suppose there's some recency bias here. I frankly can't remember the 99 season much at all. I remember the players and some of the iconic plays, but the details are faded badly - it was a really busy year for me and I didn't get to know the team as well as usual. 2004 is much clearer in my mind, and I loved the Duke 2nd half beatdown.

But 14 was the apogee for me. Tremendous fan fun. An incredibly unlikely run through a very tough bracket.

Reaction Score

Oh trust me I was there. I've never had adrenaline pumping that way after a game that ugly, and that includes 2011 against Butler. I'm actually reminded a bit of how awesome the crowd was - there was still plenty of good will left over from the previous season, plus, there was an irrational belief that we were invincible and going to make a run in the NCAA Tournament since at the time KO was still undefeated in elimination games.

As an aside, damn I miss Ryan Boatright. Last great player the program has had.

the Q

Reaction Score
So glad it missed, but I will never understand how it missed.

Best I got is lamb changed the trajectory of the shot.

He had to shooot it higher than he wanted to so lamb didn’t hakim warrick that thing.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I remember that Tulsa game vividly actually. We almost got shut out at the half! The place was insane down the stretch. Even better for SMU the next day but Boatright went down early and we had no shot

Reaction Score
1994 at BC, down 18 in 2nd half, we win in OT. Calhoun at his best.
1990 NCAA vs Cal. Lou Campenelli (coach) said they had seen a really good press vs Oregon so they would be able to handle ours, he was wrong, it was 21-2 before they knew what hit them.
1999 Big East final vs St Johns and Mike Jarvis. Opening 8 minutes may have been the best 8 minutes any UConn team ever played.

You youngsters have no idea how powerful we were back then, if DH gets us back to that point, it's going to be nuts.

Reaction Score
1994 at BC, down 18 in 2nd half, we win in OT. Calhoun at his best.
1990 NCAA vs Cal. Lou Campenelli (coach) said they had seen a really good press vs Oregon so they would be able to handle ours, he was wrong, it was 21-2 before they knew what hit them.
1999 Big East final vs St Johns and Mike Jarvis. Opening 8 minutes may have been the best 8 minutes any UConn team ever played.

You youngsters have no idea how powerful we were back then, if Dan Hurley gets us back to that point, it's going to be nuts.
Shot in the dark here, but I remember this post of yours from a ways back. You mentioned you have a bunch of VHS tapes from 1993-2006 - any chance you still have those or did someone else scoop them up?

Reaction Score
Shot in the dark here, but I remember this post of yours from a ways back. You mentioned you have a bunch of VHS tapes from 1993-2006 - any chance you still have those or did someone else scoop them up?
TCF, I wanted to go back and check out some of these great Husky moments, but I get a 404 error at uconnhuskygames.com. What's up?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Best I got is lamb changed the trajectory of the shot.

He had to shooot it higher than he wanted to so lamb didn’t hakim warrick that thing.
I love when Lamb says he could feel the breeze on his fingers as the the shot went by.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom