UConn game(s) you watch multiple times (almost addictively) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn game(s) you watch multiple times (almost addictively)

Reaction Score
Besides the Natty's/Final Four games, here are some of my repeats...

Dream Season...
GTown
Cuse
Cal in the Tourney --> We went on a run where they could barely get the ball over half court.

vs Wake just to watch Burrell leap frog Rodney Rogers
vs. Shaq in the tourney

Smitty dropping 37 on St. Johns
vs. Texas where Donyell displayed everything
Destroying Nebraska in the tourney

NC State when Cup Cormier looked like he would be our best PG ever... Seriously.

Virginia Beat Down
Donyell's 42 pt games against SJU

Maryland in the tourney; as explosive as we have ever been

Nova after the snowstorm and a huge early run
GTown in the BET

Kansas at the HCC... Best loss we've ever had and the game that told me that we would win a championship with Rip, KFree, Rash, and Jake as a core.

St Johns in the BET. Started that game on a 14-0 run included and full court alley-oop where the ball never touched the floor. Literal perfection.

Early games versus Duke and 'Zona.
Also, there's a GTown game where we actually played together and Doug Wrenn had a ridiculous dunk.

Opening game against Vandy; we started on a 19-0 run with Caron getting four or five steals and breakaway dunks. Vandy could barely complete a pass in the halfcourt.
Throttling of a bad UNC team with Doherty at the helm.

Destroying Oklahoma
Alabama domination in the tourney

Cuse where Charlie V became the best player in the country for 20 minutes or so.

vs. Cuse at the dome. We started on a 10 or 11-0 run, started sleepwalking and then went on a 20 something 0 run where we did everything perfect. I remember Dukie V just saying "Wow" over and over.
vs. Seton Hall where we actually played together

AJ dropping 36 on Marquette
Hasheem blocking or altering about 17 shots against PC
Destruction of Texas A&M in the tourney

Texas

Kentucky in Maui

Tourney Games

I often rewatch games (if you couldn't tell) while working out but I have not synced up one post 14. Even the Cinci 4 OT game is kinda blah to me b/c I just hated the way we played.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Mostly, I just pick random games and watch them. Sure, I watch the usual ones repeatedly --- 77/74, Kemba's leg breaker game, 2014 championship, etc. But I also absolutely love to watch the game with Mich State in Germany at the start of Ollie's first year. Maybe it lied to us, telling us that we were going to be fine going forward, but it still gives me goosebumps every time I watch it. In fact, I watch a lot of games from that season and the next, and wonder what the hell happened after '14. How could good, go so bad, so quickly?

In retrospect, watching a lot of the games from the ban year over again,what stands out to me is what a tremendous closer Bazz was. Maybe the best we've ever had. The games he won for us in the closing minutes and in OT that year...

Reaction Score
99 vs Duke for sure, 04 vs Duke, if I watch any from 2011 and 2014 then I have to watch all tourney games from those years its like not having cheese or mustard on your burger if you only watch one tourney game from 2011 or 2014. That site is amazing speaking of for some reason the url for that site isn't working now, I have it booked mark and its just coming up as an error saying the URL was not found on the server.

Reaction Score
You should try watching games in chronological order it would be cool if we had a thread where we watch each game and give our comments on it afterwords for each game.

Reaction Score
Dream Season at home against Georgetown when they had Mutumbo and Mourning and were ranked 1 or 2 in the country just after Uconn beat Syracuse who was also a top 5 team. I was a kid at the Civic Center up in the nose bleeds. It was the loudest I have ever heard the crowd be. Great game.

Reaction Score
Dream Season at home against Georgetown when they had Mutumbo and Mourning and were ranked 1 or 2 in the country just after Uconn beat Syracuse who was also a top 5 team. I was a kid at the Civic Center up in the nose bleeds. It was the loudest I have ever heard the crowd be. Great game.

This was the game that completely hooked me. I was 9 and had seen a decent amount of games prior. I remember a bit of Earl Kelley, especially vs. Ewing, Mullin, and the Pearl and was excited when we won the NIT. But watching us come out 14-0 against GTown, turning them over left and right, Nadav turning into Larry Bird, and the HCC explode forever made me a UConn fanatic. We essentially did the same thing to 'Cuse the previous game, but to me the GTown game was different.

Reaction Score
This was the game that completely hooked me. I was 9 and had seen a decent amount of games prior. I remember a bit of Earl Kelley, especially vs. Ewing, Mullin, and the Pearl and was excited when we won the NIT. But watching us come out 14-0 against GTown, turning them over left and right, Nadav turning into Larry Bird, and the HCC explode forever made me a UConn fanatic. We essentially did the same thing to 'Cuse the previous game, but to me the GTown game was different.

I was at both games. That was the week that UConn became one of the big boys. The Civic Center was rocking. People were delirious.

Reaction Score
Watched or listened to the radio broadcast of UConn-Duke '99 just about every day that summer.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I was at both games. That was the week that UConn became one of the big boys. The Civic Center was rocking. People were delirious.
And it was nasty weather that night. Ice storm conditions.

Reaction Score
The Duke Final Four games were both great - I was there for the Championship in '99 in St. Petersburg.

Kemba's 11 game run will forever live as the greatest 11-game run we have ever seen or will ever see at the college level. Each of those games is awesome to watch, even the DePaul game that started the run... because you know what is coming right after it.

In fact, all the Big East tournament games with meaning are so much fun to watch, starting in 1990 with the Georgetown-Syracuse daily double right through Ray Ray's contortionist impersonation, Taliek's heave, Ben Gordon taking over the leading role mantle and of course, Kemba, Kemba, Kemba and even the 6-overtime thriller vs. Syracuse. Reminds me of how blessed we have been as UConn fans to witness so many amazing moments and memories given to us by the players and JC and the coaches down through the years.

The Texas game in 2010 and the Florida game in December 2013 at Gampel are always great to watch, as well.

And that Pitt game in 1990 - another great memory, and I will forever love KEA for that ending, and how we started to believe we really could be a special team that year following that heart-stopping comeback.

BUT THE BEST GAME, even though it is not anywhere near the best video or audio production (Thank you tcf15 that we even have it at all! You are definitely the man) will forever be the game in Hartford vs. Mourning, Mutombo and the about to be #1 Georgetown Hoyas on January 20th, 1990. I have never seen nor heard the Civic Center rock like it did that night - and it was the night that once and for all changed UConn basketball forever. It was the first time that we all started to truly believe that Coach Calhoun was special, and we were finally rising to a level that UConn as a program had not known in a long, long time - if ever.

I get chills each and every time I watch the beginning 6 minutes and 9 seconds of that game. Add to it the significance of that game to the last 3 decades of the history of this uniquely amazing program, and it is truly the moment that changed everything.

And I was lucky enough to have a front row seat, doing color analysis on WHUS. Truly awesome times that I will never forget.

That first 6 minutes 9 seconds was special because of how Georgetown blitzed UConn that way seemingly every year.

Reaction Score
Go back and watch the Uconn vs Kentucky Maui Final from 2010. It was the beginning of the Kemba Walker season, and you can see the potential of this team, and the greatness of Kemba. Also Oriankhi is incredible.

Particularly watch the 1st half (and the half time commentary). Uconn destroys Kentucky!

This never gets old.

Seems I recall the announcers repeatedly spoke about the young freshmen of Kentucky but not so much about how young UConn was.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom