UConn Freshmen/Commits: C. Collier, Coombs, AEH, Gordon, Walker | Page 9 | The Boneyard

UConn Freshmen/Commits: C. Collier, Coombs, AEH, Gordon, Walker

Reaction Score
This Espinoza-Hunter streak is laughable at this point.

She scored 46 last night (12/13), apparently in well under three quarters of play.

Hope she's not taking every shot.

Shea Ralph was in attendance.

curious to know if AEH is scoring at such a high rate due to A Griffin going down with knee injury or if she is just having fun shooting.........I was planning to watch one of her games against a really sold Albertus Magnus team closer to my home but now I see my kid has a game at the same time................

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
curious to know if AEH is scoring at such a high rate due to A Griffin going down with knee injury or if she is just having fun shooting....

I have zero doubt she's getting a massive increase in responsibility and shots due to Griffin's absence.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I have zero doubt she's getting a massive increase in responsibility and shots due to Griffin's absence.
This will be the second time she used an injury to a teammate to improve her game. Last year at Blair she took on PG duties when Honesty was out.

Reaction Score
Charlieball, no need to worry, the Magnus game will not be worth the trip. Yes AEH has helped out in Griffin's absence but don't forget this Ossining team has 2 other sophs with D1 offers.
If Griffin didn't go down this team would have been unreal, they would have been able to hold their own with just about any team in the nation.
I am one of the biggest Saniya fans on this blog but AEH is just a more complete player at this point in her career. I have spent the last 4 or 5 years reading all your negative comments about Chong's game. Some were accurate and others were just malicious and myopic at best.
AEH has all bases covered. I think you will all be pleasantly surprised next season.

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
Charlieball, no need to worry, the Magnus game will not be worth the trip. Yes AEH has helped out in Griffin's absence but don't forget this Ossining team has 2 other sophs with D1 offers.
If Griffin didn't go down this team would have been unreal, they would have been able to hold their own with just about any team in the nation.
I am one of the biggest Saniya fans on this blog but AEH is just a more complete player at this point in her career. I have spent the last 4 or 5 years reading all your negative comments about Chong's game. Some were accurate and others were just malicious and myopic at best.
AEH has all bases covered. I think you will all be pleasantly surprised next season.
Thanks for the info. What current or past player do you compare AEH to?

Reaction Score

I think you have me confused with someone else.........I don't remember saying anything particularly negative about Chong and I have not been on the Boneyard for 4 or 5 years...........the worst thing I can say about her is she has had bad luck with injuries.........

Reaction Score
AEH might as well roll up those numbers this year......somehow I don't see her scoring in the 40's in a UConn uniform

If you recall around the time the season started some idiot poster suggested UCONN didn't have much scoring between Hunter, Coombs and Lexi. That idiot was me!!!!:);):D:eek:

What a run she is on. I don't know how the competition is, but what a run.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Confession is good for the soul, hh, or so I have heard! lol

Reaction Score
Charlieball, my comment to you ended with the first sentence. The rest was a general reply. After rereading my post I can see how you misinterpreted what I was trying to say and for that I apologize.

HH, as for the competition, 2 games were against very good teams down at a tournament in Fairfax, VA. Had Ossining not fallen apart at the very end of the first game they would have played Pope Paul VI, a team that some polls rank #1 in USA.
Two of the other games were in a local tournament against Albany Academy and Our Lady of Lourdes and one game against a usually solid Section One team in Scarsdale.
She could pretty much score almost every time down the floor if they wanted her to.

Also, hoping Saniya is back and ready to play on the 19th.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
On Saturday the Crescom Back Holiday Invitational starts in South Carolina and goes through next Thursday. The 16-team tourney will include Megan Walker's Monacan and Mikayla Coombs' Wesleyan. And for an added bonus, Winder-Barrow will bring along #1 recruiting target Olivia Nelson-Ododa.

Here is the site covering it:

Crescom Bank Holiday Invitational

Here is the schedule which starts with Monacan tomorrow:

Schedule | Crescom Bank Holiday Invitational

And it appears there will be live and archived streaming of games.

HTC Connect | Live High School Basketball Games | HTC Game of the Week

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
On Saturday the Crescom Back Holiday Invitational starts in South Carolina and goes through next Thursday. The 16-team tourney will include Megan Walker's Monacan and Mikayla Coombs' Wesleyan. And for an added bonus, Winder-Barrow will bring along #1 recruiting target Olivia Nelson-Ododa.

Here is the site covering it:

Crescom Bank Holiday Invitational

Here is the schedule which starts with Monacan tomorrow:

Schedule | Crescom Bank Holiday Invitational

And it appears there will be live and archived streaming of games.

HTC Connect | Live High School Basketball Games | HTC Game of the Week
Thanks! I may try to see Meg near Richmond the first week in January, weather permitting.

Reaction Score
IMG_5779.JPG
Lexi Gordon - Junior Year 2015-2016
( Click ^ )

young lady = what college coaches refer to as epitome of a "basketball player" .

Versatile, Shot Maker, Tough, High IQ, Winner's Intangibles ... Gym rat who Keeps getting better.
and Legit size for position

simply a great match for UConn wbb

All still true, took in tonights game and I think she when for 38/12.
Made several long 3s and has a nice mid range game too.
Had a slow start, 2 pts after 1 but caught fire.
Sat with family, really nice folks and introduced to Lexi after the game. She's got a super nice personality and attitude.
She can't wait to get to Storrs.
She'll be at the O$U game.
Fyi, keep an eye on her sister, only a freshman.

Reaction Score
View attachment 17719

All still true, took in tonights game and I think she when for 38/12.
Made several long 3s and has a nice mid range game too.
Had a slow start, 2 pts after 1 but caught fire.
Sat with family, really nice folks and introduced to Lexi after the game. She's got a super nice personality and attitude.
She can't wait to get to Storrs.
She'll be at the O$U game.
Fyi, keep an eye on her sister, only a freshman.
Is that just ice on her knee? Looks bloody.....?

Reaction Score
Is that just ice on her knee? Looks bloody.....?
Don't think it's blood but she's playing through a sore knee. Needs some rest, has 8 days off before next game. Took a hard crash early in the game, left for a few minutes. Like most kids, the knee appeared to hurt more on the defensive side of the game.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Monacan steamrolled its first opponent in the Crescom Invitational (12/17).

Megan Walker got a lot done in just 13 minutes of playing time:

19 points (6-11 FG, 6-7 FT), 8 rebounds, 2 assists, 3 steals, 2 blocks

Wesleyan (Coombs) and Winder-Barrow (Nelson-Ododa) play games on Monday.

Jimbo

Running to Stand Still
Reaction Score
Who knew a cookie could be a recruiting closer. Insomnia Cookies - Buy 4, Get 2 Free | Division of Student Affairs
I can personally vouch for these cookies. They weren't around during my days at UConn, but they did help me get through law school at a different university a few years later. Always great when you find yourself up late and hungry…although I'm a little surprised—all this time I thought the real closer was the chocolate cake at Geno's! :D
Meet Napheesa Collier, granddaughter to a Sierra Leone revolutionary and top UConn recruit

On a serious note, I want to thank everyone responsible for providing all the information that makes up this thread. It's a really valuable service for the rest of us fans who don't closely follow the high school game. I, for one, am very appreciative of all your efforts.

Reaction Score
Nothing but good news! Megan is perhaps a shade under the advertised 6-1, but plays all 5 positions and rebounds well. She is high scorer without hogging the ball or forcing shots. In fact, she looks to pass first, and is especially quick to spot a teammate ahead of the pack. She is a relentless offensive rebounder and gets to the line. She sat out a minute plus a time out in the first half and rested most of the second half in this lopsided victory. Monacan plays a difficult foe with Norcross, Georgia as their next opponent.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the post. I saw that her team was up by 50 at halftime and she is a tireless worker. I cannot wait until she gets to Connecticut. The athleticism she has to combine with Gabby, Pheesa and Azuré will be something to watch.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Nothing but good news! Megan is perhaps a shade under the advertised 6-1, but plays all 5 positions and rebounds well. She is high scorer without hogging the ball or forcing shots. In fact, she looks to pass first, and is especially quick to spot a teammate ahead of the pack. She is a relentless offensive rebounder and gets to the line. She sat out a minute plus a time out in the first half and rested most of the second half in this lopsided victory. Monacan plays a difficult foe with Norcross, Georgia as their next opponent.
Thanks! I watched the scrimmage against Paul VI, and Meg didn't force any shots at all.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
62-12 at the half and 77-30 final.

From the box score:

19 points, 6-11 on FGAs, 1-3 from the arc, 5-8 inside the arc, 6-7 on FTAs, 8 rebounds, 2 assists, 3 steals, 2 blocks, 0 TOs.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom