UConn Freshmen/Commits: C. Collier, Coombs, AEH, Gordon, Walker | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn Freshmen/Commits: C. Collier, Coombs, AEH, Gordon, Walker

Reaction Score
Sounds like it might be unlimited for Louisville Mens BB.
Well at L'ville it's certainly not limited to the recruits themselves - Pitino's boy (without Rick's knowledge, of course :cool: ) provided hookers to their fathers as well.

Reaction Score
Reading the article (thanks!) and thinking about the 3 who've committed and the one (MW) who's still looking and whose decision seems to some folks to be so important, I can't help but be impressed by how these "kids" are so enthused about going to college, and also suspecting that the intense rivalries that fans perceive are less important to the players than is the plain desire to play ball. Sort of like when Jimmy Fallon in Fever Pitch is sitting in a bar devastated by a Red Sox loss, but then spots a couple of actual players (notably Jason Varitek) sitting there drinking and laughing. The game is so different for those within and without....

When I had girlfriends (don't tell my wife) ---I was always pleased with the one I had and I didn't dwell on the one that didn't. (that was true until EDD--stupid me).

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Ho-hum. Just another hard working, modest, achieving, coachable, talented UConn recruit. It seems Lexi does nothing at a 5 level, and everything a tick under (4+?) level. Hardly a criticism. Even LeBron isn't the fastest, biggest, best shooting, best passing player in the Association. A fine all around player, and a typical UConn recruit.

Reaction Score
I know there's s Megan Walker thread, but I'm surprised no one on the Boneyard has found her highlight videos on Hudl. They're worth checking out.

CoachBill

Wise Eye
Reaction Score
Kaizen - might want to stay away from considering espn's Heights, Details as Gospel

Reaction Score
Kaizen - might want to stay away from considering espn's Heights, Details as Gospel
Yes, they list Crystal Dangerfield as 5-6. But I will take this number.

CoachBill

Wise Eye
Reaction Score
Kaizen - also when considering these kids Sizes.... some players def play Bigger ( or smaller in certain cases ) than their Height. Whether that be due to their Length of Toughness, Physical nature

I would definitely consider Lexi a 6'0" Wing who plays a little bigger . Her Toughness & Appetite to compete (especially in / arouund the Paint) regardless of the matchup have stood out to me. Including at the Boo Williams event in the Spring, viewing her consistently battle & defend bigger / Post players... and Rebound amongst bigger players.

In fact... if Geno ever wanted to go with a "small ball " type lineup... I would project Lexi being able hold her own for limited stretches , vs certain teams as the " 4" in that type of lineup Defensively. One thing is for sure.. she will battle, compete !

Reaction Score
Lexi Gordon - Junior Year 2015-2016
( Click ^ )

young lady = what college coaches refer to as epitome of a "basketball player" .

Versatile, Shot Maker, Tough, High IQ, Winner's Intangibles ... Gym rat who Keeps getting better.
and Legit size for position

simply a great match for UConn wbb

I wish you hadn't posted this---I was just getting over my 16/17 anxiety and expectations. Now you dump on me Lexi Gordon--5-11, 3 ball, rebounding, assisting, phenom --and I salivate to think what she in the backcourt with Dangerfield --at post Azura, --KLS in one Corner, Gabby or Collier in the other. I called Stew, Tuck, Moriah the Golden 3. What is this one to be called??
The Platinum Five???

JordyG

Reaction Score
I wish you hadn't posted this---I was just getting over my 16/17 anxiety and expectations. Now you dump on me Lexi Gordon--5-11, 3 ball, rebounding, assisting, phenom --and I salivate to think what she in the backcourt with Dangerfield --at post Azura, --KLS in one Corner, Gabby or Collier in the other. I called Stew, Tuck, Moriah the Golden 3. What is this one to be called??
The Platinum Five???
And the Wonderful Walker fits where?

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Highlight videos need to be viewed as an edited and not-always representative sample of the athlete's ability. That disclaimer offered, I watched with a smile as Lexi made an array of difficult shots in close games (the scoreboard was usually in the camera shot). She is good around rhe rim on both offense and her defense. Good ball handling skills. She's going to be a good player for the Huskies.

Reaction Score

On the wing where she belongs---A great coach or good team--has more than 2 options --
In my 6 shooter I don't carry only one bullet!!
But a very thoughtful question---it get back to " how do you keep them all happy?? Winning??

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Anything in the rule book about how many hookers are allowed for entertaining recruits?
tumblr_m1t8540li71qzbs6po1_r2_500.jpg

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Walker and Westbrook are unique among the wings in this class in that the offense can be run through either. The same way the offense was run through DT post Sue Bird.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Walker and Westbrook are unique among the wings in this class in that the offense can be run through either. The same way the offense was run through DT post Sue Bird.
My quote was actually meant to underscore someone who didn't put Walker in their UConn 2017 starting lineup, not in the literal sense of how would her talent gel with her other teammates.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom