UConn (formerly #2) @ Notre Dame (formerly #1) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn (formerly #2) @ Notre Dame (formerly #1)

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Impressive win by UCONN, Williams is the real deal. Loved the interview with her after too, seems like a really sweet kid. Notre Dame was really frustrated in the 2nd half and wasn't able to calm down or finish plays in the paint. Body language by Arike and Mabrey was particularly bad in the 4th quarter. Guessing a rematch in the tournament will be more competitive, as I don't expect ND to shoot 1-12 from deep and both teams will get more from their bench too. Congrats on the win and #1 ranking, very much deserved.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I must be honest here. I never thought that UConn would be ranked #1 at anytime during this season.
This is the second time I've been wrong this year (I thought Boston was a lock to come here).
The Huskies will awake in the morning as the new #1 team in the country. I love it!!! Hey yard, we've got ourselves a team!!! :p

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
ND fans seem to think Geno somehow baited her into that first technical. Not really sure since the cameras were focused on the free throws, so I guess we'll never know what happened there.

Maybe Geno pointed out that no last second heroics are going to help you now. ;)

Reaction Score
"We have Geno and you don't..." Sometimes we look at the games UConn loses (usually narrowly and few and far between) and can take for granted how truly amazing Geno is (and CD and staff). We've had a chance to watch his basketball genius year in, year out.

Reaction Score
"We have Geno and you don't..." Sometimes we look at the games UConn loses (usually narrowly and few and far between) and can take for granted how truly amazing Geno is (and CD and staff). We've had a chance to watch his basketball genius year in, year out.
Period!

Reaction Score
"UConn did not get any of its top recruiting targets for next season, which prompted a lot of kvetching from worried Huskies fans in the past week. But UConn looks to have quite a gem in Williams, who has only just begun her college career. Great news for the Huskies -- and scary for everyone else. "

Reaction Score
Get rid of these morons doing the game. Talking about a golf tournament while N.D. is shooting a third foul shot for who knows why and a turnover for who knows what reason. Pay attention to the game. Laughing the whole time. find a crew that can do a game.
So many of the commentators act like this. Disappointing.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Great game by UConn. CW - just amazing. She is unfazed by all the hype. Olivia played well. Held her own, battled underneath. Geno said the frosh would have to contribute and they did.

Megan played tough. Lou, dispite a tough shooting night, rebounded, handed out assists and finally found her rhythm. Pheesa and Crystal caused ND all sorts of problems.

Very disappointed in ND's behavior on the court. Muffet has some serious work to do.

Agreed!! Great game by Liv. She did hold her own in the biggest game she will play before March. In his post game presser, Geno said he was impressed with Liv’s play, and that she would see a lot more playing time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
"UConn did not get any of its top recruiting targets for next season, which prompted a lot of kvetching from worried Huskies fans in the past week. But UConn looks to have quite a gem in Williams, who has only just begun her college career. Great news for the Huskies -- and scary for everyone else. "
Kvetching! Ha , great word. :D

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Agreed!! Great game by Liv. She did hold her own in the biggest game she will play before March.
We will have need of ONO again before March. She is starting to catch on. Hope she is majoring in weight training! ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom