UConn (formerly #2) @ Notre Dame (formerly #1) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

UConn (formerly #2) @ Notre Dame (formerly #1)

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I didn’t even notice that the jerseys were black until I saw Stewie tweeted that they are. Sue Bird didn’t either as she responded, “they still look blue.”
THe Evil Empire MUST WEAR BLACK. The Yankees will have an alternative Black away jersey this years as well...;)

Reaction Score
I love the fact that Williams didn't even know how many points she had scored in the post-game interview.

I guess we'll be seeing the new black uniforms again. Many years ago they wore silver monstrosities before a big game against Duke, where they laid an egg. I think they burned those.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
I love the fact that Williams didn't even know how many points she had scored in the post-game interview.

I guess we'll be seeing the new black uniforms again. Many years ago they wore silver monstrosities before a big game against Duke, where they laid an egg. I think they burned those.

silver_unis.jpg

Reaction Score
WCBB is often about match ups. Arike with the height advantage on Crystal and it showed. CW quickness on Mabrey ( not to mention back from injury ) and it showed. KLS height neutralizing Jackie Young and it showed. Turner and Shepard too much for Napheesa, but neutralized somewhat with the contribution from ONO and Walker.

Muffet was "Jackie Younged" by Christyn Williams. Muffet figured, stop KLS, NC and CD, and force the others to win the game. And the others, did.

Reaction Score
Side note: kudos to the bench. They were VERY into it. Lots of standing, lots of cheering. It's what you need when you're on the road, so it's to be expected.

Or maybe it's just more noticeable in a road arena. Either way, I thought it was great.

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
WCBB is often about match ups. Arike with the height advantage on Crystal and it showed. CW quickness on Mabrey ( not to mention back from injury ) and it showed. KLS height neutralizing Jackie Young and it showed. Turner and Shepard too much for Napheesa, but neutralized somewhat with the contribution from ONO and Walker.

Muffet was "Jackie Younged" by Christyn Williams. Muffet figured, stop KLS, NC and CD, and force the others to win the game. And the others, did.

One thing that probably will help is seeing how the Freshman big actually brought out her defender and gave more space in the paint. You cannot have your 5 sit in there as you have so many options that can get to the basket or drive and drop off.

Reaction Score
I taped the game and just finished it.

LOVED the sellout-crowd, energy, and hype for a WBB game!
LOVED our effort and passion
LOVED what Lou did when she wasn't scoring
LOVED Lou's second-half scoring
LOVED how Pheese leads by example
LOVED how the team played at a high level without Pheese in the game
LOVED ONO's block (!!!) and her contribution on the boards (those bunnies will fall eventually)
LOVED Megatron's strength and grit
LOVED how things could've gotten "messy" a couple times, but nothing got out of control (some may debate this)
LOVED Crystal's finishing ability
LOVED the energy from our bench
LOVED how Coach kept his cool throughout the game
LOVED everything CW. WOW.

"In a world where you can be anything...be KIND"

oh yeah and LOVED the jerseys! ;)

Reaction Score
One thing that probably will help is seeing how the Freshman big actually brought out her defender and gave more space in the paint. You cannot have your 5 sit in there as you have so many options that can get to the basket or drive and drop off.

For awhile maybe, but won't be too long before that is coached around -- until she shows tat she can drive to the hoop like Gabby or hit the 16 footer like Steph. Once we get to AAC play she will get her opportunities to get comfortable from there. But she has time -- very good to see her contribute defensively and on the boards.

Maybe Danger can show her where to add those 8 lbs during the season.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Short for "W" as in "We WON?"

But you're right, I'm more familiar with Starbucks' Grande vs the one at the XL Arena.

Was referring to the caption "thank u, next"

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I taped the game and just finished it.

LOVED the sellout-crowd, energy, and hype for a WBB game!
LOVED our effort and passion
LOVED what Lou did when she wasn't scoring
LOVED Lou's second-half scoring
LOVED how Pheese leads by example
LOVED how the team played at a high level without Pheese in the game
LOVED ONO's block (!!!) and her contribution on the boards (those bunnies will fall eventually)
LOVED Megatron's strength and grit
LOVED how things could've gotten "messy" a couple times, but nothing got out of control (some may debate this)
LOVED Crystal's finishing ability
LOVED the energy from our bench
LOVED how Coach kept his cool throughout the game
LOVED everything CW. WOW.

"In a world where you can be anything...be KIND"

oh yeah and LOVED the jerseys! ;)
Yes, UConn rolled out the black jerseys. Maybe will see them again....perhaps in Waco....maybe in Louisville...

Reaction Score
I wonder how many people on this board get the reference in that tweet...

Doesn't seem like a big Ariana Grande crowd.
I guess Pete Davidson is not a WCBB fan.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
You can bet that ESPN gave Kara Lawson and Rebecca talking points they must cover sometime during the game to promote. Otherwise Rebecca and Kara would prefer to talk BB

Three on the mike never works very well. Somebody needs to go, and I don’t care which.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
You can bet that ESPN gave Kara Lawson and Rebecca talking points they must cover sometime during the game to promote. Otherwise Rebecca and Kara would prefer to talk BB

Program promos, housekeeping copy, ads, etcetera are part of what we must agree to that allow us to get games at no cost. But personal repartee needs to go.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilmisangel

Top Bottom