UConn (formerly #2) @ Notre Dame (formerly #1) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn (formerly #2) @ Notre Dame (formerly #1)

Reaction Score
ONO's stuff on Mabrey2 looked awesome, but I think her arm came down on Mabrey2's shoulder. A foul was not called. ONO has to get rid of the chopping motion when trying to block shots. I don't think Azura ever got rid of that habit.

Reaction Score
Get rid of these morons doing the game. find a crew that can do a game.

Gee, I really loved the way those "morons" called the game. Moron defines as a stupid person.
synonyms:fool, idiot, ass, blockhead, dunce, dolt, ignoramus, imbecile, cretin, dullard, simpleton, clod;

You might rethink your use here, Tony.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Arike - A tech, a flagrant and should’ve been ejected from the game for an elbow to the head at mid court late in the game.

And Williams....just wow.

Reaction Score
I was very impressed with the performance of the men's team against Arizona, then I was expecting UConn to lose to Notre Dame. Wow! I just did not expect this. CW is truly a superstar. UConn played very well. I don't know what destroyed Notre Dame more: UConn's defense or Notre Dames arrogance that this was their game in their house and that they were boss on the block from last years championship buzzer beater.

Hats off to Geno who did a great job to prepare this team.

;

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
ND was 1 of 12 from the arc. Wowzers. That’s 8% for the game. Between that and the misses at the rim, ND has only themselves to blame. And their obvious frustration capped off their minor disaster.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Thoughts:

Even at the beginning of the 2nd half, ND looked to have the physical advantage. they were completely out-coached and out hustled and lost their poise. That last mugging caper of Ogunbowale was really dirty pool.

If Geno's plan was to attack the hoop, it sure worked...an aspect to the UConn game that had not been a part of their recent history.

All kinds of stuff happening near the end of the game, strange fouls, technicals, whatever....and the threesome babbles on about everything but...a disgrace (though I did appreciate Kara's analysis that the best guard on the floor usually wins and that she can't remember it being a frosh).

Muffit is going to take lot of heat from this loss. One had the feeling that if Geno was coaching the other side, he would have won as well.

Nice to know that we have an emerging superstar and a big who will really help (who knows, maybe two).

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Congrats, UConn. That was a great performance, especially by the youngsters. I guess the worries about UConn's demise were greatly exaggerated. Hope to see you guys again in the NCAA's.

Right!! Those UConn fans that were out on the ledge can come back in now. :cool:

Carnac

Reaction Score
Christyn Williams coming out party. She'd looked good before, but today announced herself as a potential superstar.

WOW, it didn't take her long to "get it". Only six games. :D

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Great game by UConn. CW - just amazing. She is unfazed by all the hype. Olivia played well. Held her own, battled underneath. Geno said the frosh would have to contribute and they did.

Megan played tough. Lou, dispite a tough shooting night, rebounded, handed out assists and finally found her rhythm. Pheesa and Crystal caused ND all sorts of problems.

Very disappointed in ND's behavior on the court. Muffet has some serious work to do.

Reaction Score
I am so impressed with every player on UConn. I watch maybe two or three of their games a year and rarely the whole game. Dangerfield is simply awesome. Collier is awesome. C. Williams is awesome. C.Williams will even eclipse Samuelson. Seems like a heck of a nice person. Holly usually does a great job w player interviews but she asked repetitive questions w C. Williams.

Reaction Score
Arike showed ho dirty she is.

A tech, a flagrant and should’ve been ejected from the game for an elbow to the head at mid court late in the game.

And Williams....just wow.
ND fans seem to think Geno somehow baited her into that first technical. Not really sure since the cameras were focused on the free throws, so I guess we'll never know what happened there.

Reaction Score
I am extremely pleased that this game went exactly opposite to the way I expected that it would. It isn't easy being the team with the target on your back as Notre Dame just found out. UConn's "kids" outplayed the Notre Dame seniors who lost their composure in the fourth quarter.

I know it's only one game (but it is a continuing upward curve) but in CW it may be the point that we knew "a legend is borne." Megan also was quietly efficient and carried her load well. ONO was a very pleasant surprise. Lou didn't pout when her 3's weren't dropping. Instead, she found other ways to contribute. I couldn't be more pleased.

the Q

Reaction Score
Thoughts:

Even at the beginning of the 2nd half, ND looked to have the physical advantage. they were completely out-coached and out hustled and lost their poise. That last mugging caper of Ogunbowale was really dirty pool.

If Geno's plan was to attack the hoop, it sure worked...an aspect to the UConn game that had not been a part of their recent history.

All kinds of stuff happening near the end of the game, strange fouls, technicals, whatever....and the threesome babbles on about everything but...a disgrace (though I did appreciate Kara's analysis that the best guard on the floor usually wins and that she can't remember it being a frosh).

Muffit is going to take lot of heat from this loss. One had the feeling that if Geno was coaching the other side, he would have won as well.

Nice to know that we have an emerging superstar and a big who will really help (who knows, maybe two).

Notre Dames help defense on drives wasn’t even awful...it was non existent. That was a big factor.

the Q

Reaction Score
ND fans seem to think Geno somehow baited her into that first technical. Not really sure since the cameras were focused on the free throws, so I guess we'll never know what happened there.

It looked like geno was taking to official.

Still, the elbow the refs somehow missed despite being wide open in the middle of the court was just the worst.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Is it just me or did Mabrey whine after every call ? ND lost their composure in the 4th and it showed, especially Ogunbowale .

They heard the fat lady clearing her throat (right behind their bench) between the 3rd and 4th quarter. They knew what was coming. :p I wonder how long before Geno stops grinning? 1-2 hours? :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom