UConn Football Summer/Fall of 2017 - Camp REStorred | Page 16 | The Boneyard

UConn Football Summer/Fall of 2017 - Camp REStorred

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
Good test for the new Leadership Council, but it does seem handicapped not having the starting QB on it, especially when the QB is new and the O is called out by the HC for lack of leadership.

cttxus

Reaction Score
I know the reason HC said they aren't included, I just don't think the current Council is as effective as it could be without Pindell on it, especially given our current QB situation. For one thing, Pindell is new and supposedly a very quiet guy, so my guess is it's going to take some real game situations for him to prove himself and gain the full confidence of his teammates. Once he does that, as I'm confident he will, I can understand not having him on the Council. In the meantime, I believe he could exhibit additional leadership qualities and gain further credibility and confidence from his teammates if he was on the Council now. Just my opinion.

Reaction Score
I know the reason HC said they aren't included, I just don't think the current Council is as effective as it could be without Pindell on it, especially given our current QB situation. For one thing, Pindell is new and supposedly a very quiet guy, so my guess is it's going to take some real game situations for him to prove himself and gain the full confidence of his teammates. Once he does that, as I'm confident he will, I can understand not having him on the Council. In the meantime, I believe he could exhibit additional leadership qualities and gain further credibility and confidence from his teammates if he was on the Council now. Just my opinion.

Understand the perspective but I think there is a distinct and separate difference between on-field leadership and team/program leadership. The Leadership Council is an off the field concept that meets w/ Edsall on a weekly basis.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I am going to assume nothing preclude the Leadership Council and the quarterbacks from talking to each other. I doubt that they are required to sign non-disclosure agreement regarding what they discussed within the Leadership Council.

cttxus

Reaction Score
Understand the perspective but I think there is a distinct and separate difference between on-field leadership and team/program leadership. The Leadership Council is an off the field concept that meets w/ Edsall on a weekly basis.
Agree, and I didn't know the Council was set up as you've described. That, in and of itself, is an interesting "trade off" from team captains. Team captains are expected to be on-field leaders. Surely the same is expected from the Leadership Council? Here's to hoping the O got the message loud and clear today.

Reaction Score
Do we know who's been lined up at LG for the 1st team offense during practice?

Reaction Score
Interesting read on Luke Richmond and other news from practice today:

>>"It is a lot different up here from when I was here," said Richmond, who played in 22 games at UConn from 1998-2000. "This practice field is the same. I lived in that dorm, Hale Hall for three years so I can see that but that building (next to Hale Hall) wasn't there, the indoor facility wasn't up here. When you come up here, it is big-time football, it is like going to a Penn State, it is like going to a Michigan."<<

Reaction Score

>>“The offense was bad today, just a lack of focus and concentration,” Edsall said. “The leadership council, the guys on offense, I got on them, that is their job to make sure that their unit has come out here focused and ready to go. They didn’t do a good job today, they understand that. You can’t come out here, not be focused and ready to get better. I thought the defense did a really good job of being focused and got better, while the offense, they were out here with the effort to endure. It is that will to win versus the effort to endure. The defense had the will to win today, the offense had the effort to endure and that is not going to get us to were we want to. That is really the first day I have seen that so we will get it straightened around, get it taken care of.”<<

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Interesting read on Luke Richmond and other news from practice today:

>>"It is a lot different up here from when I was here," said Richmond, who played in 22 games at UConn from 1998-2000. "This practice field is the same. I lived in that dorm, Hale Hall for three years so I can see that but that building (next to Hale Hall) wasn't there, the indoor facility wasn't up here. When you come up here, it is big-time football, it is like going to a Penn State, it is like going to a Michigan."<<

Interesting to read that Murphy is supposedly pushing Fatukasi at nose tackle. I take that as a load of BS personally. I think Foley is probably just not listening or going as hard as RE would like, so RE is scaring him. Foley is arguably the most talented player on our roster.

Reaction Score
I'm starting to think AD David Benedict would have replaced Diaco with a broom.
huskiebroom.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom