OT: - UConn Football: Didja notice? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: UConn Football: Didja notice?

Reaction Score
I went to the football forum after he was hired. I'm a USC football fan and his first season we were Vegas odds on fave to win the ntl title. UCLA o u in wins was 4.5 and they went on to win the Pac 12 South 8 wins and they beat us pretty rough. Not surprised he's a culture builder. He won't tolerate quitters on his team.

Reaction Score
All that I noticed was that UConn lost - again.
Then you’re not very observant or you’re just a negative person either way if you’re being fair witch you’re not and saw this team play at all the past 4/5 years and saw the game Saturday and came away unimpressed you know nothing about football. Thanks for your interest in UConn sport.

Hoopcrazee

Hoopcrazee
Reaction Score
Then you’re not very observant or you’re just a negative person either way if you’re being fair witch you’re not and saw this team play at all the past 4/5 years and saw the game Saturday and came away unimpressed you know nothing about football. Thanks for your interest in UConn sport.
Could not agree with you more!

Reaction Score
The starting QB was a Penn State transfer, his replacement is a true freshman. Yesterday was the freshman’s first college game. We don’t know what the injury is yet but it looked like an ACL :(

The team yesterday looked light years ahead of last year’s. It was actually watchable football . It’s clear that the players had competent coaching for a change.

Mora is former NFL and college coach that at least sounds and looks like he’s in control and capable of improving weak areas. I, for one, am greatly encouraged

So sad that the starting QB is out for the season, as is the top receiver. UConn football just can't catch a break....

Reaction Score
Utah State plays Alabama next so they could have been looking ahead. Even with the injuries Uconn will be okay. That running back is impressive and Turner is going to be a player. He had no fear and isn't afraid to be the leader for the offense.

Reaction Score
Top 3 receivers are out. The Huskies are deep into the depth chart

Yikes! And this quarterback injury comes after UConn lost its starting QB last year, Tyler Phommachanh, to the same devastating injury. And he's still far from being able to function as he did pre-injury. Reminds us of the long, difficult and painful journey back for Paige.

Reaction Score
Dumb question. My daughter wants to go to the CCSU game tomorrow. Can I still get tickets at the Rent? I'd rather not but them online. Go UConn!

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
For momentum purposes alone I think UConn needs to not only beat
CCSU but dominate them...if it is a squeaker obviously they will take the win but I would
guess the staff and players would be overall disappointed in how they played.
They sure ran it against Utah State...same here... with that asset opening up a few more
completions?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Yikes! And this quarterback injury comes after UConn lost its starting QB last year, Tyler Phommachanh, to the same devastating injury. And he's still far from being able to function as he did pre-injury. Reminds us of the long, difficult and painful journey back for Paige.
Tyler competed for the quarterback spot this season. He’s not all the way back, but he’s done well in the less than a year that he’s been recovering.

Reaction Score
I don’t know - I always bought a package. Try calling theRent or use the chat feature here. Box Office | Rentschler Field
I went to the Rentschler site and after a little hunting they do sell tickets at the box office on game days. It's been a few years since I've been there. A lot of these are going mobile only. I can't see paying extra fees if I don't have to :) (El Cheapo)

Reaction Score
Just go to the Blue lot - there are always people selling tickets for less than face value

Reaction Score
they struggled and played horribly 1st half even losing 3-0. 2nd half I guarantee you at halftime Mora let them have it. Am very excited for the Cuse game, definitely a game they can win. All though they just did beat Louisville who has a hc on the hotseat.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Well, Syracuse putting a hurt on UConn so far. 10-0 with 4 minutes left in Q1. Game on CBSNN

At least, we have company

ND loses at home to Marshall
TAMU loses to Appalachian St. at home

I am expecting our team is at the game with some good photo ops.

Last edited:

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Considering the miserable record the last few seasons, a 3 - 4 record is impressive.

Mora knows how to coach and how to develop players. His coaching staff knows their stuff. They know how to adapt a game plan to the players available. And then prepare them to execute that plan. This is something we haven't seen for UConn football in I don't know how long.

Despite all the injuries, this team plays hard. They don't fold up as in past seasons. And this is a young roster.

Don't know how many more games they will win. Looking at the schedule I think at least UMass and Army can be wins. That's five. An upset in any of the other games and we could have 6 wins. That would be amazing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom