OT: - UConn Football: Didja notice? | The Boneyard

OT: UConn Football: Didja notice?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
The team wasn’t playing for respectability today, they were playing to win, on the road in altitude, against a team one poll had ranked 25th. The Vegas point spread was 24.5 points. And the team lost the starting QB and wide receiver during the game.

Boneyard football forum. UConn Football

C2A07414-23ED-4FD6-A54D-3EDA3E2E7077.jpg

Reaction Score
they were up 14-0 and the rb had a 20 yard run and then fumbled because he didn't go down, after that I think we knew what momentum was gonna happen. 35-7 run, sad because if they go up 21-0 I think they win.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
they were up 14-0 and the rb had a 20 yard run and then fumbled because he didn't go down, after that I think we knew what momentum was gonna happen. 35-7 run, sad because if they go up 21-0 I think they win.
The kid that fumbled ran for 188 yards. And the bogus pass interference call on UConn in the 4th quarter was a killer

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
The kid that fumbled ran for 188 yards. And the bogus pass interference call on UConn in the 4th quarter was a killer
ur a better 'analyst' than many at the football threads.
the game score prediction thread showed that many could not sense that something is tangibly different now, noticeable even tho a single down had not been played. even the line started to drop dramatically as many cleared out the cobwebs in their brain, and decided 'mebbe my eyes aren't deceiving me. it really looks like mora is doing something there. mebbe he can bring them up, he does have the resume for it.'
whole new ballgame.
hey! i just noticed that this thread has 'didja notice' in the title!
brilliant. says it all.

Last edited:

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
6.5 yards per, amassing hundreds of yards, for the ground game. away. against a known good team.
can't fake that one, and it travels well, especially to home.
impressive.

Reaction Score
6.5 yards per, amassing hundreds of yards, for the ground game. away. against a known good team.
In a game where he was basically the only option after the starting quarterback went down.

They were down 24-20 in the fourth quarter and had not given up a 2nd half point until the bad pass interference call. They were in this game up until that point.

Reaction Score
He was still running and ball was punched out not because he refused to go down, but definitely swung momentum

Reaction Score
He was still running and ball was punched out not because he refused to go down, but definitely swung momentum
And it was punched out because it was in his right arm instead of his left, where it should have been. Good lesson for him.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I dont follow the team much so how important is losing the starting QB? and how long is this expected?.

Does the team have the capacity not to be a national joke? I think the new coach is much more respected?

Reaction Score
yea he was thinking touchdown and not taking care of the ball as the announcer said.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Not to mention, we lost our starting quarterback and we’re down three wide receivers. Yesterday was a very solid performance. There are a lot of reasons to be hopeful about this program.

(And yeah, that PI call was ridiculous.)

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Found the game while channel surfing. Enjoyed the game despite the loss. I was pleasantly surprised.

Team was playing hard the whole game. They didn't pack it in. The offense came out and delivered some big hits on Utah State. It seems we have a respectable running game. The O line played well on both the run and the pass. Do they have things to work on - of course. Who doesn't.

Defense showed the can hit and hit hard. Again, this is a unit that will evolve.

Two injuries and that horrible PI call hurt.

Good debut for Mora and company.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I dont follow the team much so how important is losing the starting QB? and how long is this expected?.

Does the team have the capacity not to be a national joke? I think the new coach is much more respected?
The starting QB was a Penn State transfer, his replacement is a true freshman. Yesterday was the freshman’s first college game. We don’t know what the injury is yet but it looked like an ACL :(

The team yesterday looked light years ahead of last year’s. It was actually watchable football . It’s clear that the players had competent coaching for a change.

Mora is former NFL and college coach that at least sounds and looks like he’s in control and capable of improving weak areas. I, for one, am greatly encouraged

Reaction Score
I was impressed. The team looked and played like they actually wanted to compete for 60 minutes. They did not look like they were just going through the motion out on the field. They looked competitive.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
The starting QB was a Penn State transfer, his replacement is a true freshman. Yesterday was the freshman’s first college game. We don’t know what the injury is yet but it looked like an ACL :(

The team yesterday looked light years ahead of last year’s. It was actually watchable football . It’s clear that the players had competent coaching for a change.

Mora is former NFL and college coach that at least sounds and looks like he’s in control and capable of improving weak areas. I, for one, am greatly encouraged
Back in the old days, Rutgers football had that leap to "watchable" football when Schiano arrived the first time. The truth is, having a competent coach who wants to be there and win is key, Mora is certainly legit.

I'm not sure what the "lid" is for UConn football, being an independent and all, but things have to start somewhere.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score

i dont follow the team much so how important is losing the starting QB?
we dont have Alabama expectations (yet), so for now, we'll muddle thru ok. mebbe find a new star along the way.

and how long is this expected?.

who knows, as injuries have their own lifespan.

Does the team have the capacity not to be a national joke?
that's over.

I think the new coach is much more respected?
ur darn tootin.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
No, I didn't know they were playing. But I hope they fare better this year. Good luck to UConn football fans.

Hoopcrazee

Hoopcrazee
Reaction Score
Cmon all..it was one game for sure...season is going to be tough ( schedule and injuries ).. Facts are the game was WATCHABLE, I dare say even winnable. They did not turtle when all the momentum in the game had shifted ( last year final would have been 14-56 )

I say A+ for effort and hopefully a harbinger of better times!

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Logan, Utah is one of the toughest places to play in the Mountain West. The stadium is 4,700 ft above sea level, with tricky winds coming off the mountains or from the open end on the South side of the stadium. The Aggies are one of the top teams in the MW, with some predicting losses to only Alabama, BYU, and Boise State.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Logan, Utah is one of the toughest places to play in the Mountain West. The stadium is 4,700 ft above sea level, with tricky winds coming off the mountains or from the open end on the South side of the stadium. The Aggies are one of the top teams in the MW, with some predicting losses to only Alabama, BYU, and Boise State.
Utah State is the defending Mountain West champion.

Reaction Score
the game score prediction thread showed that many could not sense that something is tangibly different now, noticeable even tho a single down had not been played. even the line started to drop dramatically as many cleared out the cobwebs in their brain, and decided 'mebbe my eyes aren't deceiving me.
To be fair.... we've all been through 3 coaching changes in which we've been optimistic. We were up against the Mountain West champion. Made sense for people to have low expectations

also im about 90% sure the spread dropping is because every betting show was taking USU cover so a lot of bettors did so quickly. usually that's not vegas coming to their senses or anything like that

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom