UConn Football clearing the decks for next Coach? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn Football clearing the decks for next Coach?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Can we finally agree that HCRE is a POS?
I wont go that far....thats way too far.

I do question his effort level and his football IQ. The execution task master failed virtually all of his own tasks. Was the head coach just not trying hard enough? Not disciplined with his studies & duties as HC? ;)

Maybe the media was too kind, maybe someone should have been asking him about his own execution during his 6-32 record.

Reaction Score
It’s a business like any other business. You have to preform otherwise you are shown the door. Coaches have to win, it’s that simple.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Maybe, maybe not, but its definitely keeping the fan base up to date. Not sure about you, but I want to be informed.

We lost to Army 52-21 and twenty one of those points were against Army’s second and third string players. Not sure what kind of improvement you’re expecting out of these current coaches.

We had an ineffective coach. Then we sat out a season with that ineffective coach. Now we have guys are are at least trying. Meanwhile those guys need to attempt to recruit players. This doesn’t help, even if it is obvious. Spanos had to perform miracles to get the job. They now need to fill this job ASAP.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I wont go that far....thats way too far.

I do question his effort level and his football IQ. The execution task master failed virtually all of his own tasks. Was the head coach just not trying hard enough? Not disciplined with his studies & duties as HC? ;)

Maybe the media was too kind, maybe someone should have been asking him about his own execution during his 6-32 record.

He doesn’t know how to lead this generation of players. PP had similar issues. There are also some changes in the game Randy didn’t embrace. He certainly didn’t embrace the transfer portal, which was a mistake.

This is going to sound weird, but it’s too bad that Bob was such a whack job.

Reaction Score
We had an ineffective coach. Then we sat out a season with that ineffective coach. Now we have guys are are at least trying. Meanwhile those guys need to attempt to recruit players. This doesn’t help, even if it is obvious. Spanos had to perform miracles to get the job. They now need to fill this job ASAP.
This would be an issue no matter what - you don’t think recruits know what happens when a coach is fired during season?

It will be up to next staff to attempt to keep current recruits. And I really hope they utilize the transfer portal/JUCO pipeline liberally.

Reaction Score
He doesn’t know how to lead this generation of players. PP had similar issues. There are also some changes in the game Randy didn’t embrace. He certainly didn’t embrace the transfer portal, which was a mistake.

This is going to sound weird, but it’s too bad that Bob was such a whack job.
LOL and PP was on the Florida sideline the other night! Special Assistant to the Head Coach

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
It would be better to let them think there is a chance they will remain at UConn if they start to win games. This season is important.

I get your point, however, this is the correct move. The new head coach must have a clean slate to work with. No holdovers.

Reaction Score
I am hoping they did this in order to get a new coach in place ASAP. If the new coach wants to retain any of the current coaches, he can always interview each and make a decision from there.

Since we are still in the middle of the season, I have no idea what is the rule to hire someone that's currently employed by another school. I would imagine there are some anti-tampering rules in place to deal with these situations. Either way, we do need to name a new coach asap in order to save the current recruiting class. Otherwise, we gonna have to hit the portal hard as soon as the new coach arrives.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
So, with the absurdity of CT's hiring policies, does UConn have to wait until the final whistle of this season before they start advertising the position for HC? Would seem advantageous to get the smoke and mirror charade done before end of season, so as soon as season ends, new coach can come in with a staff and start the recruiting process hard and heavy.

Reaction Score
I am hoping they did this in order to get a new coach in place ASAP. If the new coach wants to retain any of the current coaches, he can always interview each and make a decision from there.

Since we are still in the middle of the season, I have no idea what is the rule to hire someone that's currently employed by another school. I would imagine there are some anti-tampering rules in place to deal with these situations. Either way, we do need to name a new coach asap in order to save the current recruiting class. Otherwise, we gonna have to hit the portal hard as soon as the new coach arrives.
I have an honest question to you WestCoastHusky and anyone else: Even if the new coach is named soon and it saves the current recruiting class, shouldn't the new coach hit the transfer portal and the JUCO circuit hard? This is assuming admissions lowers the academic standards to allow this on some level. This team is short on talent. What degree is the talent deficit? I am not sure, but it's deficient all right.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom