UConn Football adding Noel Mazzone as an offensive analyst | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn Football adding Noel Mazzone as an offensive analyst

Reaction Score
I think DB was content with the idea of RE on the cheap to raise the level of talent enough to stabilize the team. Pay off Diacos contract and make another run at it after that period.

RE didn’t hold up his end of the bargain but hopefully we now have the cash to throw around to make a last gasp at this thing.

I actually think DB is going to make a good hire.

Hopefully DB learned his lesson on having DC's running the football program... o wait! :)

Reaction Score

-> Mazzone, 64, was most recently the offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach at Arizona in 2018-20. His three jobs prior to that were as the offensive coordinator at Texas A&M, UCLA and Arizona State.

Mazzone and UConn interim coach Lou Spanos were on the UCLA staff together in 2012, with Spanos as defensive coordinator. <-

Sounds like a good hire.... I might read the article to get more info...I think Spanos has the inside track. Maybe Spanos get the HC job, and DB gives him $$$ to hire assistant coaches.

Reaction Score
Can't work directly with players. Can talk face-to-face with coaches, gameday, but can't be on headsets and again can't interact with the players themselves. Frost got in-trouble because he made an analyst his special teams coordinator and let them work with the players teaching schemes.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
I vote for moving guffire back to the line, also send moysenko his walking papers and have Mazzone be the qb/oc for remainder of the year
You can (and probably should) tell Spanos directly (or indirectly, of course.) Who would know better than you? (Hoping for a good week for Steve, as always.)

Reaction Score
Sounds like a good hire.... I might read the article to get more info...I think Spanos has the inside track. Maybe Spanos get the HC job, and DB gives him $$$ to hire assistant coaches.
At this moment I think there's about a 5% chance Spanos gets the HC job.

Reaction Score
You can (and probably should) tell Spanos directly (or indirectly, of course.) Who would know better than you? (Hoping for a good week for Steve, as always.)
Haven’t spoke to the young man in quite some time as I’ve stated before he was a great person to our community and took the pack to states I’m just a fan of him for what he did for our community during his time here

Reaction Score
At this moment I think there's about a 5% chance Spanos gets the HC job.
True, however I want, this hire, an offensive minded head coach, who knows quarterbacking. I don't want to see Jack Zergiotis or Steven Krajewski leave, especially Steven Krajewski. Maybe a coach who'd put both of them on the field at the same time...Our offensive plays lately is predicable. We need some trick plays...

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
True, as we've seen to many times before, guys like PP, Diaco and Edsall probably don't want a guy who puts out youtube videos with a title:

Running a Hurry Up No Huddle Spread Offense with Noel Mazzone

We've hired three HC coaches in row who were completely unaware of their own shortcomings (offense!). While the smart coaches find talented people to cover theit shortcomings (and try to learn something along the way), the arrogant and foolish ones find yes men they can rule over who ultimately fail them (while never taking the to the big picture lesson).

Three HC coaches in a row with massive failures at the OC position.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom