UConn Football 2024 Spring FanFest (April 21st @ Morrone Stadium) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn Football 2024 Spring FanFest (April 21st @ Morrone Stadium)

Reaction Score
$$$ just gross I’m sick of it. I love Mora but man I would like for him to bring Hurley around to give a speech to the team about sticking together and winning in an NIL world where the odds are stacked against you. Yes I totally get college basketball is a whole other animal then college football in the northeast no less.
I agree with Hurley pep talk but the men's ball team is stacked with NIL players lol.

Reaction Score
We looked around & left. Line was crazy. There were people with shopping carts!
I can confirm that. I picked out two items to purchase. The checkout line stretched the whole length of the Fieldhouse, and back. No way I was going to stand in line for what could have been an hour to buy two items.

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Cole Welliver is the guy. Standing around with the QBs, he looks like a man among boys (even though he’s the youngest). Taking snaps and reading the D, he’s casual and looks like the game is slower for him than the others. And his throws were effortless! All parts of the field, with a soft touch at times and a quick zip at others… but always a catchable ball. He’s our starter.

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
I'm probably gonna read too much into this, but it seems like Mora was smiling talking about how things are going while acknowledging that the coaches recognized they need to prepare the team better. I'm praying this is where the team really gets excited going into summer to come back and eat some crab helmets.

Reaction Score
Cole Welliver is the guy. Standing around with the QBs, he looks like a man among boys (even though he’s the youngest). Taking snaps and reading the D, he’s casual and looks like the game is slower for him than the others. And his throws were effortless! All parts of the field, with a soft touch at times and a quick zip at others… but always a catchable ball. He’s our starter.
His very first pass, 15 yards over the middle, drilled a receiver in stride between defenders. Unfortunately the pass was dropped but that middle of the field passing game is what we have lacked for years. He also connected on a beautiful deep ball late.

Reaction Score
I was there. Team looked similar as years past. QB’s and receivers were not great. Yes there was a nice throw here and there but most throws were off target and there were tons of dropped passes. Agree with others, Roberson was the most off target. Running game looked decent again as it has the last few years. Rosa looked good and Brown from Gardner-Webb looked good. Very quick but he is a pretty small dude. Defense was ok but hard to judge against this offense. Tackling seemed solid which was a positive. Suucked seeing Stewart getting carted off.

Reaction Score

Alternate access link <<

-> Mora said the changes have helped him, personally, immensely.

"I felt like it was necessary to fire myself from the defensive coordinator role. I really did," Mora said. "I don't think I was doing a good enough job there. I don't think I was doing a good enough job as a head coach. So we were able to bring a guy like Matt Brock in. I love his scheme. I love his intensity. He gives me a sense of comfort that we're in good hands.

"Gordie is a very, very, very intelligent guy who has a great grasp of the run game that we've seen. But he also has a great understanding in what he wants to do in the passing game. I'm really excited with what I've seen from the coordinator changes." <-

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom