UConn Football 2024 Spring FanFest (April 21st @ Morrone Stadium) | The Boneyard

UConn Football 2024 Spring FanFest (April 21st @ Morrone Stadium)

Reaction Score

"The UConn football program will host their Spring Fan Fest on Sunday, April 21 at the Joseph J. Morrone Stadium at Rizza Performance Center on campus. This year's event will be free of charge and will feature tailgating opportunities, an exclusive open house for season ticket holders, fan fest games and attractions, a preview of the 2024 UConn Football team, and an opportunity to meet the student-athletes and coaching staff.

Free tickets will be available to claim in early April at UConnTickets.com. Fans who attend the Spring Fan Fest will receive a special buy-one, get-one free electronic ticket offer for the upcoming 2024 home schedule.

Fans are encouraged to arrive early as I Lot East and West will be available for tailgating prior to the event. The lots will open at 10:00 AM and will be free of charge. Spaces are available to all fans on a first come, first served basis. Fans are required to adhere to UConn on-campus tailgating policies."

"Beginning at noon, fans who have renewed or purchased season tickets for the 2024 UConn Football season are invited to attend an exclusive Open House of the Burton Family Football Complex. Here, fans will gain an inside look at the state-of-the-art facility that is the on-campus home to the UConn Football team. Any fans that have not purchased or renewed season tickets for the upcoming season and are interested can do so by calling 877-AT-UCONN.

Gates to Morrone Stadium will open at 12:30 PM at which time concessions, giveaways, inflatables, face painters, lawn games, and more will be available.

Practice will begin at 1:00 PM and will feature situational drills, offense and defense positional breakouts and team-oriented segments. Practice is expected to last for approximately 60 minutes."

Reaction Score
I went last year with my family and it was a cool free way to spend the afternoon and show my kids the campus (my wife and I are both alumni). We did a little shopping at the Bookstore and got some ice cream at the Dairy Bar as well. We plan on attending again this year.
IMG_4577.jpeg

IMG_4568.jpeg

Reaction Score
I went last year with my family and it was a cool free way to spend the afternoon and show my kids the campus (my wife and I are both alumni). We did a little shopping at the Bookstore and got some ice cream at the Dairy Bar as well. We plan on attending again this year.
View attachment 99495
View attachment 99494
Happy looking family! Thanks for sharing!!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
View attachment 99495
View attachment 99494
Beautiful family!

Reaction Score
Some new/pertinent info for next weekend:

UCONN FOOTBALL SPRING FAN FEST
SUNDAY, APRIL 21 | JOSEPH J. MORRONE STADIUM
The UConn Football team will host its Spring Fan Fest on Sunday, April 21 at the Joseph J. Morrone Stadium at Rizza Performance Center on campus. This year's event will be free of charge and will feature tailgating opportunities, an exclusive open house for season ticket holders, Fan Fest games and attractions, a preview of the 2024 UConn Football squad during its final spring practice, and an opportunity to meet the student-athletes and coaches.

Free tickets are available to claim now with the button below. Fans who attend the Spring Fan Fest will receive a special buy-one, get-one free ticket offer via email for the upcoming 2024 home schedule.

CLAIM FAN FEST TICKET
TIMELINE OF EVENTS
10:00 AM - 1:00 PM | TAILGATING
Beginning at 10:00 AM, I Lots East and West will be open for parking free of charge. Fans are encouraged to arrive early as parking spaces are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Fans are required to adhere to UConn on-campus tailgating policies.

Additional parking is available for fans in South Garage free of charge. Please note that tailgating is not permitted in South Garage.

PARKING MAP
11:30 AM | UCONN ATHLETICS SURPLUS SALE
Fans are invited to Mark R. Shenkman Training Center, located next to Morrone Stadium, for a UConn Athletics Surplus Apparel and Equipment Sale at 11:30 AM. The sale will include discounted pricing on surplus apparel such as tees, shorts, sweats, hoodies, polo’s, pullovers, jackets and selected uniforms. Equipment will include a combination of running shoes, cleats and various accessories (i.e., backpacks). The sale will continue until 5:00 PM, or end sooner if inventory is exhausted. Supplies will be in limited quantities, so arrive early for the best selection. Only credit cards will be accepted as payment. A Fan Fest ticket is not required to attend the surplus sale, but we encourage you to claim one to enjoy the rest of the day's festivities. You may also get a ticket day-of at the surplus sale, subject to availability.

Access to the Surplus Sale for season ticket holders of all UConn Athletics sports will become available at 10:30 AM.
12:00 PM - 1:00 PM | OPEN HOUSE - BURTON FAMILY FOOTBALL COMPLEX
At 12:00 PM, fans who have purchased season tickets for the 2024 UConn Football season are invited to attend an exclusive Open House in the Burton Family Football Complex. Here, fans can tour the building for an inside look at the state-of-the-art facility that is the on-campus home to the UConn Football team.

Fans that are interested in attending can purchase 2024 season tickets by visiting the link below.

2024 FOOTBALL SEASON TICKETS
12:30 PM | FAN FEST BEGINS
Gates to Morrone Stadium will open at 12:30 PM. At this time, fans are invited to make their way around the concourse of Morrone where food truck and concessions offerings, inflatable games, lawn games, face painters, photo booths, balloon artists, and more will be available.

Fans in attendance will have the opportunity to take a picture with the 2023 and 2024 NCAA Men's Basketball National Championship trophies!
1:00 PM - 2:00 PM | PRACTICE
At 1:00 PM, fans will get their first look at the 2024 UConn Football team. Practice will feature situational drills, offense and defense positional breakouts and team-oriented segments along with special, in-practice interviews with student-athletes and coaches.
2:00 PM - 2:30 PM | MEET AND GREET
At the conclusion of practice, fans will be invited into Shenkman Training Center for a meet and greet session with the 2024 UConn Football team. Access to the field of Morrone Stadium for photo opportunities will also be made available at this time.

Last edited:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Last year, the NCAA Championship trophy was in attendance. Readily accessable to all.

Reaction Score
"Practice will feature situational drills, offense and defense positional breakouts and team-oriented segments"

So basically, the most boring/least interesting part of the event will be what had traditionally been the blue and white "spring game" ...

Since they have closed to the public full scrimmages do coaches do this to keep all their top-secret players and plays from being exposed to opponents? All the guarded practices and scrimmages over the years seem to be doing a great job at throwing our opponents off... Especially the run plays on first down.

Reaction Score
"Practice will feature situational drills, offense and defense positional breakouts and team-oriented segments"

So basically, the most boring/least interesting part of the event will be what had traditionally been the blue and white "spring game" ...

Since they have closed to the public full scrimmages do coaches do this to keep all their top-secret players and plays from being exposed to opponents? All the guarded practices and scrimmages over the years seem to be doing a great job at throwing our opponents off... Especially the run plays on first down.

Interesting read:

Reaction Score
"Texas backup quarterback Malik Murphy looked like a star in the Longhorns' spring game with his performance including a beautiful, 79-yard touchdown pass. What happened afterward was predictable: Multiple SEC schools inquired with people around Murphy about getting him to jump in the transfer portal. Texas was ultimately able to fend off the pursuits with a healthy NIL package"

Fears about stealing players, game plans and injuries...This goes hand in hand with all the players sitting out for bowl games or taking medical redshirts so they can transfer with more NIL eligibility.

The game is being ruined ... part of me wishes UConn was in a lesser division or would drop down to FCS like the Ivy's so that it can start feeling like college football again, competitive New England football. That or the great split happens.

Reaction Score
The game is being ruined ... part of me wishes UConn was in a lesser division or would drop down to FCS like the Ivy's so that it can start feeling like college football again, competitive New England football. That or the great split happens.
You’re not wrong… I’ve unfortunately come to grips with this. At times I feel that all that is left is picking out a tombstone.

It won’t ever feel the same as 2000-2010

Reaction Score
Got called away for work and leaving Sunday, so won't be able to make it :( Look forward to the reports!

Reaction Score
"Texas backup quarterback Malik Murphy looked like a star in the Longhorns' spring game with his performance including a beautiful, 79-yard touchdown pass. What happened afterward was predictable: Multiple SEC schools inquired with people around Murphy about getting him to jump in the transfer portal. Texas was ultimately able to fend off the pursuits with a healthy NIL package"

Fears about stealing players, game plans and injuries...This goes hand in hand with all the players sitting out for bowl games or taking medical redshirts so they can transfer with more NIL eligibility.

Amen.

Reaction Score
I've got it from reliable sources that possible UConn FB recruits will be visiting the Storrs campus in the next couple of days. Not sure if they are in the transfer portal or are now in high school. Maybe will watch FanFest?

Reaction Score

“As part of this year's event fans are invited to Guyer Gym, located in the Field House, for a UConn Athletics Surplus Apparel and Equipment Sale at 11:30 AM. Access to the Surplus Sale for season ticket holders of all UConn Athletics sports will become available at 10:30 AM.

Reaction Score
How Chaotic is the surplus sale? Is all the good stuff gone after an hour ?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom