UConn Football 2024 Spring FanFest (April 21st @ Morrone Stadium) | Page 5 | The Boneyard

UConn Football 2024 Spring FanFest (April 21st @ Morrone Stadium)

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I would like nothing more than to have a bunch of posters here shoving these comments and dropping receipts on me by mid-October. I really want these kids to be well-coached and play well.

Any comments I made from yesterday are me interpreting what others wrote from what they saw or from tweets and news articles.

The Roberson thing was discouraging. As far as we know he's been healthy all off-season and should have clearly separated himself from Fagnano who had to rehab an injury. But it looks like QB is a quandry. I have a ton of doubts that Fagnano has rehabbed and improved enough to be a good D1 QB.
WR's dropping passes. For the life of me I don't know how college WR's get scholarships when they can't hold on to a ball. A WR is pretty much a waste of a scholarship if all they're gonna be is a gunner on ST.
I have no idea what to expect from the OLine other than the two tackles. I would have thought Murawski would be a given up front. I'm also not a fan of Fortin unless he's in a jumbo package. He did pretty good with those but he has been a mess at center and while I concede players improve, I don't think he's ever going to be even serviceable.

New coordinators? Who knows.
LB, DB, ST??? I don't have a clue.

On the bright side the RB room looks good. Of course it looked good going in to last year and that lasted less than 3 weeks.
Its a nothing event in the spring . And a dropped pass this week can be a caught pass in October and vice versa. Each pass is its own little world. And to have a take on a QB off of last year is a bit premature. The summer will tell us more and the games even more.

Reaction Score
At least in practice Buckman seems like he can make plays. I don’t remember him dropping a lot of balls last year. We are brining in the guy from Purdue who absolutely can make plays. There is the local freshman who has looked solid and the other transfer, Bell, from Wisconsin (?) has looked ok. The running new running back can catch it out of the backfield and with luck Rosa will too. We need our passing attack to take a step forward. Seems like they are trying to get the pieces to do that. I’m more concerned with who will throw to them. I’m not going to worry about guys dropping passes until the games start.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Its a nothing event in the spring . And a dropped pass this week can be a caught pass in October and vice versa. Each pass is its own little world. And to have a take on a QB off of last year is a bit premature. The summer will tell us more and the games even more.

My pessimism stems from the dropped passes in August, September, October and November.

Reaction Score

It was absolute bedlam. Stuff just being thrown, you had to dig deep through stuff but it was worth the effort and time. For $100, I got three Matt peart gu jerseys, a real thick hoodie, a soccer warm up jacket and a bb practice jersey. Those three items had tags on them with original prices of $60, $75 and $45.

Reaction Score
Last year we could watch the Spring Football event again. Do we have that option this year. I haven’t the video of the scrimmage posted anywhere?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom