UConn fans rooting for? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn fans rooting for?

Reaction Score
ABS. Anybody but Syracuse that absolutely does not belong. I said in another thread that the ACC/espn cabal would likely push them in. I didn't want to be right.

Reaction Score
Arizona State by 60, and Rhody to win it all. After Hurley wins it, he gets hired at UConn and wins 10 championships in Storrs, passes wooden for the best coach of all time. No but really, Texas A&M, I put money on them before the season started.

Reaction Score
Don't we want URI to lose in the first round to get serious negotiations started quickly and avoid Hurley becoming the hottest coach in the country by making an improbable run?

Reaction Score
Somewhere between our 2nd and 3rd championship I lost all interest in college basketball. I root for UConn because it’s my alma mater but I haven’t followed the team at all recently. Tried watching that abortion of a selection show and turned it off. I used to have fun rooting against certain teams in the tourney but I don’t care enough anymore. All this quadrant 1 win/loss Mumbo Jumbo is ridiculous. I don’t understand it and don’t care to.

The next big sporting event for me is The Masters.

Go Nobody.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
AAC teams. Realistically - I wouldn't mind if UVA won and they look good. It would be quite interesting to see UVA vs Cincy in a battle of defenses.

Now regarding URI - I am kinda ambivalent. If URI goes further than expected does Hurley decline coming or demand more $ ? And if Hurley will be the coach in any case, then of course would like to see URI advance.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
Somewhere between our 2nd and 3rd championship I lost all interest in college basketball. I root for UConn because it’s my alma mater but I haven’t followed the team at all recently. Tried watching that abortion of a selection show and turned it off. I used to have fun rooting against certain teams in the tourney but I don’t care enough anymore. All this quadrant 1 win/loss Mumbo Jumbo is ridiculous. I don’t understand it and don’t care to.

The next big sporting event for me is The Masters.

Go Nobody.
You seem like a sweet fellow.

Reaction Score
I like Penn because they probably are the only team with players not getting paid. March has lost it’s excitement!

Reaction Score
The drama with Bridges aside, I always thought Tom Izzo was an easy guy to root for. His teams always play with a certain mentality that reminds me of the good UConn teams.

Reaction Score
Cincy?
Houston?
Providence?

Any AAC team but preferably Cincinnati. Anything to add legitamacy to the AAC and get some much needed cash.

Assuming one of those three win + UCONN women, the AAC would hold National Championships in Football, Men's Basketball and Women's basketball in 2017-2018.

Difficult for the cartel to disavow the P6 label!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Mostly for teams to lose. A lot I want to happen:

I would love to see Davidson take out Kentucky but feel Davidson was given a generous seed and should have been a 13 or 14.

For Buffalo to take out zona, if zona wins, for them to beat kentucky and stumble against Virginia.

For Nevada to beat Texas.

For Cincy to make a decent run but lose in the elite 8 to Virgina because I am selfish like that and just want Uconn with a final four in the aac.

For San Diego St to take out man bun and his team or failing that, for Michigan to take them out.

For Texas A and M to take out Unc because UNCis not losing round of 64.

VTech to beat Bama and then get smoked by Nova before WSU takes them out in the s16.

Bonnies to beat UCLA and Florida.

NC State to take out Kansas.

N Mexico st to make a s16 run.

Cuse to lose the opening round or failing that, TCU beating them and TCU making a run to the s16.

Bucknell to pull the upset.

Rhode Island beating Oklahoma and Duke.

Would be cool to see a Virginia, TTech, Michigan or Ohio State and TCU or RI final four but HIGHLY doubtful. Haha, more realistically it is msu/duke, nova, zona or kentucky (ugh) and unc. gross.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I'll be rooting for the teams from our league and all the non-P5 dogs out there.
Basically this for payout/conference respect, plus whatever is optimal for URI vis-a-vis UConn, IF Hurley's the right guy. I watch NO basketball this past week, except second half SMU game. I don't really care about the brackets. I did take a look at NIT and thought the NAMES looked like interesting matchups.
I guess at this point, I'm a Boneyard fan rather than a CBB fan.
TL,DR: Whatever

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
Auburn to make my wife happy, especially now that they have to go through Michigan St and Duke.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
-AAC first and foremost
-Loyola Chicago
-And whatever can be done to get Hurley here

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads