UConn fans rooting for? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn fans rooting for?

Reaction Score
Here's my take, by half brackets:

South (1 side of Bracket): For Creighton. Against Kentucky.
South (2 side): For Cincy. Against no one.

West (1 side): For Xavier. Against no one.
West (2 side): For Providence. Against UNC.

East (1 side): For Nova. Against West Virginia.
East (2 side): For Butler and Bonnies. Against no one.

Midwest (1 side): For The Hall (with some hesitation) and Penn. Against Oklahoma.
Midwest (2 side): For Little Rhody. Against Duke.

I'd love to see Rhody beat Duke, Prov beat UNC, Davidson beat Kentucky, Marshall beat WVU (all are possible). Also Penn over Kansas (ain't happening).

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
I like Penn because they probably are the only team with players not getting paid. March has lost it’s excitement!

That would be great. Sim says:

12% chance Penn beats Kansas.
10% chance UMBC beats UVA.
7% chance Radford beats Nova (Radford wins most first four sims).

Insufficient data for Xavier v Texas Southern (Texas Southern wins most first four sims), but Xavier is 6-0 through 6 sims with an average score of 94-65.

Reaction Score
I honestly think a good WSU run wouldn't hurt the conference.

Reaction Score
Somewhere between our 2nd and 3rd championship I lost all interest in college basketball. I root for UConn because it’s my alma mater but I haven’t followed the team at all recently. Tried watching that abortion of a selection show and turned it off. I used to have fun rooting against certain teams in the tourney but I don’t care enough anymore. All this quadrant 1 win/loss Mumbo Jumbo is ridiculous. I don’t understand it and don’t care to.

The next big sporting event for me is The Masters.

Go Nobody.
Did you watch Tiger yesterday? He brought back a lot of excitement. Fans love him.

Reaction Score
Did you watch Tiger yesterday? He brought back a lot of excitement. Fans love him.

Was glued to it the entire time it was on then switched to the selection show for 15 painful minutes. Tiger didn’t play well but it was very entertaining.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
It's great to have Tiger back. I hope he stays healthy. I picked Paul Casey for the win this week so Woods' putt on 17 put the fear of Tiger in me. I thought his 2 iron off the tee at 18 was not Tiger like. He didn't need to hit driver but definitely should have hit 3 wood. The 2 iron left him 185 out to a tough pin. The club choice made me think he's not totally confident yet. I was the only guy in my league to pick Casey. It's difficult for me to type this and pat myself on the back at the same time.

Reaction Score
I the Mark Few's dogs have gotten close too many times. I think think the Zags will finally cut down the nets this year.

There are several teams that can both win the tourney and have it vacated in a few years.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
The AAC
VA, now their D reminds me of Jim Calhoun
any midmajor

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I' m going with UVA, Houston and the Zags - in no particular order
Puke, Kensucky, Cuse, PeeCee, UNC, Zona, Cincinnati and URIne are the teams I say NO WAY
Would love to see a 1 or 2 lose their 1st game to make things interesting but not UVA

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
No one steal my Cinderella— Loyola Chicago. 28 wins. 10 in a row. Smothering defense. Tough veteran team. Middling ACC teams tend to seem disinterested in the first round of the tournament and I think 6 seed Miami is a fantastic matchup for them.

Disclaimer: I’m sure that lots and lots of people feel the same way as me.

Reaction Score
It's great to have Tiger back. I hope he stays healthy. I picked Paul Casey for the win this week so Woods' putt on 17 put the fear of Tiger in me. I thought his 2 iron off the tee at 18 was not Tiger like. He didn't need to hit driver but definitely should have hit 3 wood. The 2 iron left him 185 out to a tough pin. The club choice made me think he's not totally confident yet. I was the only guy in my league to pick Casey. It's difficult for me to type this and pat myself on the back at the same time.
I think he mishit that tee shot. Looked like he steered it.

Reaction Score
No one steal my Cinderella— Loyola Chicago. 28 wins. 10 in a row. Smothering defense. Tough veteran team. Middling ACC teams tend to seem disinterested in the first round of the tournament and I think 6 seed Miami is a fantastic matchup for them.

Disclaimer: I’m sure that lots and lots of people feel the same way as me.
Loyola-Chicago was pretty good in the early-mid 60s. They even scooped up Doug Wardlow, Wilbur Cross AA, back then.

Reaction Score
Don't we want URI to lose in the first round to get serious negotiations started quickly and avoid Hurley becoming the hottest coach in the country by making an improbable run?

I would rather he show something in the tournament to see what he is really made of.

Reaction Score
AAC teams for sure. Then whichever random school (that I've never heard of) that won their conference (that I've barely heard of) championship. Go Lipscomb Bisons.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Villanova

a couple of year's ago they were the cute kids on the block, now they're making me envious

hope they're out early :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom