UCONN Fan Base | The Boneyard

UCONN Fan Base

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The local fans should be embarassed. It's amazing to me how few fans showed up for tonight's game. The opponent should not matter. Fans need to show up to support the team. That applies double to this young team. When I lived in CT, I went to every home game regardless of the opponent or the weather.

Look forward to hearing all the excuses.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Let's see, it's Holiday Break, it's UMES, and oh yeah the state is going through a horrific tragedy.

But let's pick up the pitch forks because it's a soft crowd.

Still this is embarrassing. Usually break means a game in Hartford is a good excuse to go out after. Lame.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I'm sitting at home so I can't blame them.

Of course I'm 900 miles from Hartford so yes I can blame them! I would have been at this game if I still lived in CT. Of course with the recent tragedy and all the BE junk I won't hold it against them.

Reaction Score
Still this is embarrassing. Usually break means a game in Hartford is a good excuse to go out after. Lame.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Bull. It's a convenient excuse for some people on this board to whine and moan. I don't have any more tolerance for it considering what has happened this week.

We are banned from postseason play this year, the team is pretty mediocre, it's December break, it's UMES, and college athletics have spit in our schools face for the last several years with conference expansion. Throw in what occurred in this state the last week and whining about the crowds is a very easy low hanging fruit type of thing to b*tch about. It's small. It's really small right now.

If we we're playing a Big East game on national TV than you have a beef. We aren't. We are playing the worst team on our schedule in a shell shocked state. Enough already about the SMALL trivial whiney BS that some on this board just love to revel in. You have plenty of more games and weeks ahead to whine about our fan base and any other thing your heart desired. If the entire state of CT wanted to roll up into a ball and hide tonight instead of go to a basketball game they would be justified.

Reaction Score
Are the XL prices overpriced for a game like this? I'm watching on SNY and it looks like a high school game

Reaction Score
Indiana drew 17,472 a couple weeks ago when Central Ct State University traveled out to play at Assembly Hall. Just sayin'.
Yes. And it was during the school semester and they're ranked #1.

Teams attendance fluctuates based off a number of things. One of those things is confidence in their team. If the team is good, people want to go.

If UConn was #1, and it was not during break, there'd be people there.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Indiana drew 17,472 a couple weeks ago when Central Ct State University traveled out to play at Assembly Hall. Just sayin'.
They draw because people go to these games to find out "who's your" ma and "who's your" pa! With big crowds, chances are better.

Even when UConn was highly ranked they struggled getting fannies in the seats for these "big" games. It wasn't that tickets weren't sold but the tickets were sold to big bidders who don't bring their clients to these type of games. That was one of the bad things about pushing the rabid fans to higher and higher seats. Money goes into the coffers but the arena looks bare. There is a reason why the top seats were occupied by the Joe Pedunks of this world. It's because the better seats below them weren't available.

Reaction Score
That's true. I'm in no mood to concern myself with UConn playing an 0-9 team. I'm too upset about trivial things (Conference realignment) and serious things (Newtown) to be overly interested in a game.

That will change on both counts, but not yet...

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
The local fans should be embarassed. It's amazing to me how few fans showed up for tonight's game. The opponent should not matter. Fans need to show up to support the team. That applies double to this young team. When I lived in CT, I went to every home game regardless of the opponent or the weather.

I gave my six seats to somebody who took several kids, is that OK?

Reaction Score
That's true. I'm in no mood to concern myself with UConn playing an 0-9 team. I'm too upset about trivial things (Conference realignment) and serious things (Newtown) to be overly interested in a game.

That will change on both counts, but not yet...

Since we're confessing I was in a meeting that I chaired. Normally I cut it short when we play but tonight it ran long and I missed the game. I was not devastated or upset (as I sometimes get) for the reasons you mentioned.

A game thread is great for getting a perspective of the game, even if it its comedy.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I think Ollie is going to improve our OOC schedule.

I can endure a couple of games like this a year, but six or more of these games is a bit much

but Jimmy will be Jimmy, and I wouldn't want to change anything about him. I'm just hoping KO is different

Reaction Score
Understand the politics of having to play games like this in Hartford over holidays, but gotta do something to improve the atmosphere - gotta get more ppl in the lower bowl, curtains like they use at Whale would be a start

There was a big to-do about dynamic pricing being used to raise revenue. Well with the undynamic games in Hartford just make it general seating.

nadav

I hit skins for the hell of it
Reaction Score
3 years ago Indiana was playing soft OOC games in front of nearly 7k empty seats, it happens.

Reaction Score
Understand the politics of having to play games like this in Hartford over holidays, but gotta do something to improve the atmosphere - gotta get more ppl in the lower bowl, curtains like they use at Whale would be a start

There was a big to-do about dynamic pricing being used to raise revenue. Well with the undynamic games in Hartford just make it general seating.
You make a good point but it seemed like the upper section was empty tonight and nobody was sitting behind the hoops in the upper or lower sections. The crowd was less then 9,000 i believe which is right around 50% capacity. This was similar to the New Hampshire game.

As far as letting people move down to the lower sections, i think thats a good idea but thats a touchy subject for some reason. If people leave at halftime or dont even show up at all, im all for people moving down into those seats.

Reaction Score
Since we're confessing I was in a meeting that I chaired. Normally I cut it short when we play but tonight it ran long and I missed the game. I was not devastated or upset (as I sometimes get) for the reasons you mentioned.

A game thread is great for getting a perspective of the game, even if it its comedy.
Impressive! Fortune 500 company? Stock options? Corporate-jet? Chauffeurs? You also need security correct? Make sure you get an independent consultant to recommend the security because then you can get a tax break on it. Just ask Peter Lanza on that 1. That's one of Pete's specialties when he is not spending time at Hustler Club on the upper west side of Manhattan with clients! Ohhhhhhhhhh the good life!!!!! :D

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Here's the confusing part. I went to XL at noon to buy a ticket next to friends who own 207 D. The woman said the entire section was unavailable. So I bought one seat in 206. When the game began, not only did I sit beside my friend but the 15 rows behind us had about 10 people in them. Why???

Reaction Score
When I lived in CT, I went to every home game regardless of the opponent or the weather.

The irony is thick here. Very thick.

Reaction Score
3 years ago Indiana was playing soft OOC games in front of nearly 7k empty seats, it happens.

You think this is true? Not the OOC part, but the 7k empty seats? I dont know either way, but I'm skeptical. Not at Indiana, no matter how bad they were under Mike Davis.

Reaction Score

Sorry but the University bought into this a long time ago pushing out the "real fans"........even when the kids were back home for breaks this place had some noise back in the day.....now Joe Suit doesn't bother going because it's not the thing to do.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom