UConn - ECU Game Thread | Page 9 | The Boneyard

UConn - ECU Game Thread

Reaction Score
I don't understand why the defense is set this way. This wouldn't work with super talented players. Why 3 on the line in a short yardage situation?

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
I can't wait for SNL next week.

Reaction Score
Not for me.

Only an unreasonably optimistic UConn homer idiot would be expecting this team to be doing a whole lot better than it is. Not a ton Edsall/Lashlee/Crocker can do with this lack of talent.

I like Edsall's hires. I like what Lahslee is trying to accomplish with the offense (although I think he gets a better offer from D1 next year). The defense is putrid and likely will remain that way. The 3-3-5 was probably the best Crocker could come up with what little talent exists, but cripes, he needs to sit Bell, who is just awful.

We all knew what to expect I'm kind of just wanna press the fast forward button on this season looking at the spring already.

Reaction Score
how many penalties on uconn vs. ecu so far? Does Edsall just not have control of this team at all?

Reaction Score
I'm sitting at home booing my laptop streaming the game. How did I get to this point?

Reaction Score
I don't understand why the defense is set this way. This wouldn't work with super talented players. Why 3 on the line in a short yardage situation?
I agree, 3 guys can't stop 7 blockers from gaining a yard or two.

Reaction Score
Not for me.

Only an unreasonably optimistic UConn homer idiot would be expecting this team to be doing a whole lot better than it is. Not a ton Edsall/Lashlee/Crocker can do with this lack of talent.

I like Edsall's hires. I like what Lahslee is trying to accomplish with the offense (although I think he gets a better offer from D1 next year). The defense is putrid and likely will remain that way. The 3-3-5 was probably the best Crocker could come up with what little talent exists, but cripes, he needs to sit Bell, who is just awful.

I didn't expect anything miraculous ( figured 3 or 4 wins), but watching this just makes me not want to come to every game, season tickets be damned.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Why? What did he do? Plus he's one of Randy's players.
Aaron’s fiancé suing the league because she’s a money hungry lunatic who married or dated or whatever a murder hungry lunatic? I thought DJ disappeared from the football world? He appeared today?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
So, Mensah has a big run and the next play they immediately hand it off to him on the next play. No gain.

Did the same thing with Newsome after his catch in the 1st qtr.

There's depth at RB. If one of these guys goes 20+ yards is it too much to give them a breather and swap out the backs? Or at least call a pass play to give them a bit of time to catch their breath?

Reaction Score
If they go down 31-7 in the first half to a team that is 0-3 I won't be back until next season.

scoobydoo

1977 & 1974 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
our defense deserves a participation trophy and a trip back to Storrs.

Reaction Score
Enough of Shirreffs as well. Just not accurate and makes bad decisions. Go younger and play for the future.
Tough kid, leader. But seemingly plays better when under duress, than when given time to throw. Throws are off the mark when he has time.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Was at Randy Houser and Darius Rucker concert last night. Bought the tickets for our anniversary. Obviously didn't know we would be putting our dog down in the morning. Went anyways and teared up during the entire thing.

Good gawd. You were living a country song. Darius puts on a good show. I've seen him a few times. Never disappointed.

Reaction Score
This staff will figure it out but I'm disheartened by the scheme. We are right back to making it almost impossible for the players to succeed. Talent or no talent in, this isn't going to work. Makes me wonder if Crocker had grossly superior talent compared to the opposition at Villanova.

Reaction Score
Our DL isn't horrible - they've made some stuffs & gotten pressure at times. But we might as well have manneqins in the secondary.

Reaction Score
I didn't expect anything miraculous ( figured 3 or 4 wins), but watching this just makes me not want to come to every game, season tickets be damned.

Do people remember Edsall's first 2 years?

He needs his players to be a competent coach. He can't coach anyone else's especially the slugs Diaco recruited. There's really no reason to really care one way or the other until 2019. Yes getting blasted by ECU is disgusting but par for the course if you remember Edsall's early years.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
This is an absolute horror show defensively. Might as well blitz on every play at this point.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom