UConn - ECU Game Thread | Page 8 | The Boneyard

UConn - ECU Game Thread

Reaction Score
Sitting here sweating with 10,000 friends and watching an abomination. New D needs install next week...and a new D.C.

Reaction Score
That was another TD that was a Uconn kind of play for ECU.

Reaction Score
We are running a defense we don't have the players for and not many other teams run. Keeping 3 lineman in short situations as well as inside the ten is unexplainable.

Reaction Score
Im sorry to hear that its always tough to put a dog down, Giants and Uconn tell me about it what a combo are you a Yankees fan at least.
Yea, I'm a Yankee fan so that's good. Also living in ATL I follow the Falcons and Bulldogs. So at least I've got that going for me.

Reaction Score
I’ll leave this here (from Game Week Thread)
#2 of 3:

>>2. Make Bryant Shirreffs prove he can beat ECU with his arm

OK, so the Pirates tried this approach last week against Virginia Tech and quarterback Josh Jackson, and it didn't work so well. Jackson, a mobile dual-threat quarterback, was held to negative yards rushing but proved he can still take over games with his arm. But, unless Shirreffs has improved a lot under new offensive coordinator Rhett Lashlee, ECU has seen the past two seasons his accuracy and decision-making ability is limited within the pocket. Shirreffs loves to use his legs, but if the Pirates can contain him and force him to try and beat them down the field, I like the defense's chances of showing some major improvement this week.<<

Reaction Score
So our Defense finally made a stop.... Kinda... if you count ECU's TE not looking and missing a guaranteed touchdown

Reaction Score
We are running a defense we don't have the players for and not many other teams run. Keeping 3 lineman in short situations as well as inside the ten is unexplainable.
This is what I'm talking about. The scheme gets exposed in every short-yardage situation. It's just too easy for the offense to convert.

Reaction Score
We may see Pindell in the third quarter if this gets any worse. And someone needs to get a chance to show what they can do in Bell's spot.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Yea, I'm a Yankee fan so that's good. Also living in ATL I follow the Falcons and Bulldogs. So at least I've got that going for me.

UGA was impressive yesterday destroying a Miss St. team that beat LSU handily.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Apathy is coming back.

Not for me.

Only an unreasonably optimistic UConn homer idiot would be expecting this team to be doing a whole lot better than it is. Not a ton Edsall/Lashlee/Crocker can do with this lack of talent.

I like Edsall's hires. I like what Lahslee is trying to accomplish with the offense (although I think he gets a better offer from D1 next year). The defense is putrid and likely will remain that way. The 3-3-5 was probably the best Crocker could come up with what little talent exists, but cripes, he needs to sit Bell, who is just awful.

Reaction Score
I've seen enough of Bell and Summers. Go young. What happened to Robinson, thought he was pretty good last year, but isn't even on 2 deep?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom