UConn Depaul Cancelled on 12/23 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn Depaul Cancelled on 12/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That's exactly what you said 20 minutes ago, you said and I quote "Without any other info, I will assume Hurley believes it’s in the team’s best interest to not play games. I respect him to lead the program as he sees fit, but I don’t agree with this stance without an explanation."

Yes, I want an explanation to why there is no game between 12/20 and 12/30. Play a non BE game if you have to like DePaul is today. So, without being told why there is no game in this time frame, why wouldn’t I assume for whatever reason they don’t want to play during this period? You can’t tell me any of the local schools wouldn’t play if asked? Sorry I think the team will progress best with actual games.

Reaction Score

Welp, they failed in getting a game this week and are cramming games in instead. God forbid they or an opponent get another positive. Would rather play games in the current when you know everyone is healthy but I clearly am in the wrong to some of you!

Thanks. You should post this in its own thread. It's too important to be buried in this thread.

Reaction Score
Yes, I want an explanation to why there is no game between 12/20 and 12/30. Play a non BE game if you have to like DePaul is today. So, without being told why there is no game in this time frame, why wouldn’t I assume for whatever reason they don’t want to play during this period? You can’t tell me any of the local schools wouldn’t play if asked? Sorry I think the team will progress best with actual games.
I agree that playing games will help us progress the most. All I'm saying is that in a year like this you can't look at whether a game actually happens to determine if they tried. The reason I'm telling you not to assume that there was no attempt to play between 12/20 and 12/30 is that UConn publicly posted an ad for a game on 12/23 and Hurley saying 12/23 may not happen but 12/27 was more likely. Why those games haven't or won't happen is hard to say, but based on the public info we have from UConn it is not from them choosing not to try

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
“We haven’t had big numbers,” Peevy said. “We don’t have the amount of (positive) student-athletes in our basketball program that some other programs have had, but the timing has put us on pause more. If we had these before the season, you wouldn’t even know. Ours hit at the exact wrong time.” Peevy is the DePaul AD. Full article on the DePaul mens team and Covid in the Chicago Tribune today. DePaul took a game against Western Illinois tonight instead of UConn. Sucks for us but I understand them wanting to get an easier game in before a full conference slate.

Reaction Score

Welp, they failed in getting a game this week and are cramming games in instead. God forbid they or an opponent get another positive. Would rather play games in the current when you know everyone is healthy but I clearly am in the wrong to some of you!

Wish we could've gotten a game in too but looking at the schedule the rest of the season we don't have to wait more than 4 days for UConn basketball starting on Jan 5th. Hopefully this bodes well for Akok and Polley and the guys to get in as much practice as they can until then with DePaul in the middle. Sucks that this is the case and hoping we got our cancellations and postponements out of the way in December but Jan and Feb are looking jam packed with Big East basketball.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
So, without being told why there is no game in this time frame, why wouldn’t I assume for whatever reason they don’t want to play during this period?
Because it was reported they were actively seeking an opponent to play during this period.

Apparently they didn't find one. You are assuming it is for lack of trying. I don't think that's a fair assumption, but I understand that it makes you feel better to vent your frustration by blaming someone for it.

Reaction Score
I agree that playing games will help us progress the most. All I'm saying is that in a year like this you can't look at whether a game actually happens to determine if they tried. The reason I'm telling you not to assume that there was no attempt to play between 12/20 and 12/30 is that UConn publicly posted an ad for a game on 12/23 and Hurley saying 12/23 may not happen but 12/27 was more likely. Why those games haven't or won't happen is hard to say, but based on the public info we have from UConn it is not from them choosing not to try
Because it was reported they were actively seeking an opponent to play during this period.

Apparently they didn't find one. You are assuming it is for lack of trying. I don't think that's a fair assumption, but I understand that it makes you feel better to vent your frustration by blaming someone for it.

Well, then I hope they announce today that they at least tried. Absolutely all you can ask for. While I find it hard to believe they couldn't find one opponent in all of college basketball, I will take it at face value.

Reaction Score
“We haven’t had big numbers,” Peevy said. “We don’t have the amount of (positive) student-athletes in our basketball program that some other programs have had, but the timing has put us on pause more. If we had these before the season, you wouldn’t even know. Ours hit at the exact wrong time.” Peevy is the DePaul AD. Full article on the DePaul mens team and Covid in the Chicago Tribune today. DePaul took a game against Western Illinois tonight instead of UConn. Sucks for us but I understand them wanting to get an easier game in before a full conference slate.

Well, it was the State of Connecticut that prevented us from playing them today, not DePaul or UConn not wanting to play.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
general comment:
charlie+brown+thanksgiving25.jpg

rats...

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
Well, it was the State of Connecticut that prevented us from playing them today, not DePaul or UConn not wanting to play.
Thanks, I did not know that.

Reaction Score
DePaul coming up in a week (ugh) followed by 3 road games. Better improve quickly and find a 2nd/3rd scorer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom