UConn Depaul Cancelled on 12/23 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn Depaul Cancelled on 12/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
But at this point, it’s not practice these guys need. It’s actual games. 2 games this week would be a great start. Hell, Nova is actually requesting a BREAK for all the games they’ve played. If we want to compete, IMO, it’s games needed at this point. We’ve missed the whole start to the season.

Reaction Score
So everyone in the DePaul program is testing negative and due to 14 day quarantine period that CT has in place (no longer backed by the CDC) we cancelled this game. What.a.joke.

It is peak Connecticut to insist on this while at the same time still refusing to report Covid data on weekends. I’m pretty sure the only state/territory with a worse Covid Tracking Project data grade than CT is American Samoa.

Reaction Score
I mean if it’s not the 23rd it’ll be the 27th it looks like. Why does it matter when the game is during that window? If anything it gives our guys more practice time

To quote Iverson, "Practice...we're talking practice?!"

But seriously, at some point we'll hit diminishing returns and far more can be learned from game competition. I think Geno said something to this effect recently.

Reaction Score
@4xChamps... St. John's agreed to cancel their game with Nova, and won't be back on campus until the 24th. Makes more sense why the make up game would be on the 27th versus the 23rd.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Andy Katz, on a podcast I listened to last night (taped Thursday) noted this is DePaul's 7th Covid pause since team activities started this season.

7th!!

That program needs to get its crap together, not upset at all that we passed on playing this game on Wednesday.

Reaction Score
Still can’t believe we’re not playing a game today, either as scheduled or a makeup. The fact a game for the 27th hasn’t been announced yet either makes me think it’s not going to happen. Playing 1 game between Dec 4 and Dec 29 is simply unacceptable regardless of the circumstances and complexity involved. You don’t get better by not playing games. I don’t want to hear about excuses — look at what Gonzaga has been doing with their schedule and they had a similar bout with COVID.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Still can’t believe we’re not playing a game today, either as scheduled or a makeup. The fact a game for the 27th hasn’t been announced yet either makes me think it’s not going to happen. Playing 1 game between Dec 4 and Dec 29 is simply unacceptable regardless of the circumstances and complexity involved. You don’t get better by not playing games. I don’t want to hear about excuses — look at what Gonzaga has been doing with their schedule and they had a similar bout with COVID.
DePaul tests positive, they play today, we dont. Basically we got penalized for DePaul testing positive. This is the most idiotic arraignment I’ve ever seen. The conference needs one uniform policy.

Reaction Score
DePaul tests positive for the 100th time, they cancel their game with us and schedule a bye game. How in the bell were we the odd man out in this? Smh.
Because it was UConn's decision to cancel the game with DePaul

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
I love how we have so many posters who both cry that Hurleys not releasing enough information to know what’s going on and believe that they can make better decisions for the program than him.

Reaction Score
I love how we have so many posters who both cry that Hurleys not releasing enough information to know what’s going on and believe that they can make better decisions for the program than him.

If you think that not playing games is the way to go about things, you’re entitled to your opinion even if it’s terrible. If they’re not playing games then what is the point? If you can’t get St John’s to make the two hour bus ride to come play, there are a handful of other schools you can play to get some action in. I don’t want to hear excuses like I said — if there is a will there is a way. For whatever reason there is no will. The only excuse for not playing games is if you’re in a COVID stop. Correct me if I’m wrong, but that is not the current situation.

If Hurley flat out comes out and says that they tried to schedule games and the St John’s, Sacred Hearts, Quinnipiacs, Fairfield’s, Bryant’s, UMass’ all said no, fine. But you can’t tell me they couldn’t play one of those teams and made something work.

Without any other info, I will assume Hurley believes it’s in the team’s best interest to not play games. I respect him to lead the program as he sees fit, but I don’t agree with this stance without an explanation. It just doesn’t make sense with the current optics that there are no games being played.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
If you think that not playing games is the way to go about things, you’re entitled to your opinion even if it’s terrible.

Without any other info, I will assume Hurley believes it’s in the team’s best interest to not play games. I respect him to lead the program as he sees fit, but I don’t agree with this stance without an explanation. It just doesn’t make sense with the current optics that there are no games being played.
There is no one who believes it's in the team's best interest to not play games.

We are all frustrated that they are not playing more frequently and wish there was more clarity about the circumstances.

Reaction Score
If you think that not playing games is the way to go about things, you’re entitled to your opinion even if it’s terrible. If they’re not playing games then what is the point? If you can’t get St John’s to make the two hour bus ride to come play, there are a handful of other schools you can play to get some action in. I don’t want to hear excuses like I said — if there is a will there is a way. For whatever reason there is no will. The only excuse for not playing games is if you’re in a COVID stop. Correct me if I’m wrong, but that is not the current situation.

If Hurley flat out comes out and says that they tried to schedule games and the St John’s, Sacred Hearts, Quinnipiacs, Fairfield’s, Bryant’s, UMass’ all said no, fine. But you can’t tell me they couldn’t play one of those teams and made something work.

But all we have to go off of is Hurley's public comments, where he said they were looking to schedule Richmond and it fell through. Then were looking to schedule a team that later turned out to be Michigan before Polley's positive test came out and they had to pause. And now since the return has been looking for games on the 23rd and 27th.

I get half this board wants to just complain about Covid and Hurley every chance they get but it's just not rooted in fact

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score

Exhibit A

Reaction Score
Couldn’t of said it better myself - Big East has a quadrupleheader today on FS one and we’re not a part of it seems like we’re missing out on everything

Reaction Score
But all we have to go off of is Hurley's public comments, where he said they were looking to schedule Richmond and it fell through. Then were looking to schedule a team that later turned out to be Michigan before Polley's positive test came out and they had to pause. And now since the return has been looking for games on the 23rd and 27th.

I get half this board wants to just complain about Covid and Hurley every chance they get but it's just not rooted in fact

Again, not denying they’re not trying to look for games, but you can’t tell me they couldn’t find one opponent? Maybe they’ll announce the 27th today and all will be forgiven. My post was before that tweet.

Exhibit A
Unclear why you’re on this board as a “fan” of this team when you don’t want to see them play games lol. You must love being it a know-it-all and must be excellent conversations at parties.

Reaction Score
Couldn’t of said it better myself - Big East has a quadrupleheader today on FS one and we’re not a part of it seems like we’re missing out on everything
We haven't been a part of a Big East quadrupleheader like that since... *checks notes* 3 days ago

Reaction Score

I agree partly but we could’ve scheduled somebody against Vanderbilt for that Tuesday (local team scrub squad) and especially after the NC State game fell through as well. playing that week should of been absolutely mandatory -,and I understand the whole 14 day nonsense is not really Hurleys doing but not having a game tonight is absolutely shocking -no excuse for it- ESPECIALLY when we’ve only played four games and nothing is a given this season and I’m sure the team wants to get that creighton game out of thier mind - you don’t wait till the 27th to schedule a game. It should of been tonight -period(I mean obviously Hurley knows whats best for his squad but I’m just partly venting because it’s so annoying not getting into a flow here with this squad) I mean if they’re not going to play till next Wednesday I don’t even wanna think about uconn hoops till then/And I mean that in the nicest way possible LOL)

Reaction Score
Again, not denying they’re not trying to look for games, but you can’t tell me they couldn’t find one opponent? Maybe they’ll announce the 27th today and all will be forgiven. My post was before that tweet.

That's exactly what you said 20 minutes ago, you said and I quote "Without any other info, I will assume Hurley believes it’s in the team’s best interest to not play games. I respect him to lead the program as he sees fit, but I don’t agree with this stance without an explanation."

Reaction Score

Welp, they failed in getting a game this week and are cramming games in instead. God forbid they or an opponent get another positive. Would rather play games in the current when you know everyone is healthy but I clearly am in the wrong to some of you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom